Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2023, 01:10 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,348,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsmusicpizza View Post
Oh woops, super old thread.
But new insurance info!
I'm paying a lot more than you for my car insurance, but I'm older and haven't had any violations either.
You have me thinking about going over to have a long talk with my agent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2023, 06:57 PM

39 posts, read 34,623 times
I didn’t know that going up in age would result in a higher rate. I always thought that insurance companies would think you’re more chill the older you get. I’m actually going to talk with another agent anyway too, maybe because I’m just so cheap.

Old 04-20-2023, 01:31 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,348,584 times
Insurance is a complicated business.
I'm not sure if age makes the difference or not; I've been insured by one company since about 1996, and back then, my car's policy was cheap in comparison to my previous insurance that was from a different company.

Times change. My local insurance agency, the ones who wrote my policy, was sold to another outfit several years ago. My old agent was a personal friend, but I don't even know the new guys; all I've ever done is to mail them a check when my policy comes due for renewal.

Is it simply time to change agents, or is it time to change the policy? I think those questions are what I'll be looking to answer.
Since I had just renewed my policy less than a week before reading your post, I have lots of time left before my current policy expires.

Old 04-20-2023, 07:00 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,756,429 times
I have a year old ID.4 VW EV (EV's cost more in insurance interestingly enough) and my wife and my car insurance fee per 6 months is $327.00. I have the highest coverage and a $500 collision deductible. It was about $200 higher when I lived in the Salt Lake area prior. So I'm pretty pleased overall. The State however nails me to the wall for renewal of my plates each year because I guess they figure they aren't getting compensated for gas taxes. In some other states they actually give a huge chunk of $$ off for buying electric and give a break on the registration and taxes each year. I guess it's one area Idaho is not caught up with yet..

Old 04-23-2023, 06:13 PM

39 posts, read 34,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
I have a year old ID.4 VW EV (EV's cost more in insurance interestingly enough) and my wife and my car insurance fee per 6 months is $327.00. I have the highest coverage and a $500 collision deductible. It was about $200 higher when I lived in the Salt Lake area prior. So I'm pretty pleased overall. The State however nails me to the wall for renewal of my plates each year because I guess they figure they aren't getting compensated for gas taxes. In some other states they actually give a huge chunk of $$ off for buying electric and give a break on the registration and taxes each year. I guess it's one area Idaho is not caught up with yet..
That’s remarkable given that I have a 2005 focus, with only liability, and the minimum of Idaho-required uninsured coverage.
And your cost is only about 100 more than mine each six months. I definitely need to shop elsewhere. Probably try mercury. I never thought Geico Would be gypping me.
Thanks for replying with your specific case

Last edited by dogsmusicpizza; 04-23-2023 at 06:50 PM..

Old 04-24-2023, 05:55 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,263,520 times
Quote:
That’s remarkable given that I have a 2005 focus, with only liability, and the minimum of Idaho-required uninsured coverage.
And your cost is only about 100 more than mine each six months. I definitely need to shop elsewhere. Probably try mercury. I never thought Geico Would be gypping me.
Thanks for replying with your specific case
As a rule, I won’t use an insurance company that doesn’t have a local office. There’s something to be said about talking with someone face to face. Also won’t do anything less than full coverage.

Old 04-24-2023, 02:43 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,756,429 times
I was pleasantly surprised by the reasonable rate I got from Allstate. A local agency I'd been working with tried several other companies as he didn't do Allstate. They were hundreds more so I dropped my relationship with them. Also we get a break as we also have our home with a policy with Allstate as well.

Old 07-13-2023, 11:14 PM

560 posts, read 436,072 times
Fun fact moving from rural NE Texas to Boundary county literally...and I mean literally...cut our auto insurance premiums in half for the same coverages. What a pleasant surprise that was.

Old 07-14-2023, 12:58 AM

5,583 posts, read 5,005,899 times
Quote:
Oh woops, super old thread.
404 - File or directory not found.
The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Old 07-14-2023, 08:31 AM

128 posts, read 66,925 times
At age 70 my wife and I pay $700 per year for our 2021 VW ID.4 EV (EV's cost more believe it or not). We're 30 minutes west of Twin Falls in the country. Full high end coverage and all. $500 deductible. I guess it's not too bad. An agency before was charging us even more. We're with Allstate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
View detailed profiles of: