Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 03:08 PM

938 posts, read 1,230,622 times

Advertisements

Idaho college town intiates a ticket if texting while walking - crossing a street.

I’m onto this. Sort of like Professor Gadgets. Have an idea from my friend’s Camry. Create views from different angles so that if you are in a path of danger “crossbones and skulls” will appear on your screen; a loud beeping noise will emit from the cell phone; and, all cameras in the area used for surveillance will immediately be trained on you. Police units will be dispatched and if their photo recognition system which also links to Interpol identifies you a ticket will be mailed to your last known address which you will have to pay in 15 days or the fine will be doubled in which case you will have to pay immediately or face arrest and if arrested may be required to serve 10 – 30 days on a summary offense. Did I happen to mention that your parents will also be awfully pissed.

Somewhere out there I am sure there is a law enforcement official saying: “Are you mocking me?”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2011, 12:15 AM

3,109 posts, read 10,846,422 times
For those who didn't hear about it:

$50 fine: Texting while walking- MSN Money

Old 05-29-2011, 12:19 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,265,595 times
It's unfortunate that people have become so tuned out to what's going on around them that they have to be threatened with financial sanctions into paying just enough attention to keep themselves out of danger. But alas, here we are.

Old 05-29-2011, 05:09 AM

You said it!!!!!

Old 05-29-2011, 01:57 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,891,255 times
I was walking through a restaurant on Friday, and literally had to weave out of the way from one person, only to be in the direct path of the other member of the party. They were both texting and oblivious. Even after dodging them they didn't even notice me. It was pretty aggravating. I feel like an old codger complaining about it, since I am only 22 and this couple were probably in their late 30's. So the funny thing is, it isn't just teenagers and young adults. Good thing I wasn't driving a car.

It was kind of aggravating. They can't even stop texting while out on a date. I have compulsive texters in my family and it is super annoying.

Old 05-30-2011, 09:16 PM

Default Are you kidding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Barnes View Post
Idaho college town intiates a ticket if texting while walking - crossing a street.

I’m onto this. Sort of like Professor Gadgets. Have an idea from my friend’s Camry. Create views from different angles so................................................ .............

Somewhere out there I am sure there is a law enforcement official saying: “Are you mocking me?”
I got a text from a friend -- "How will it see behind you?" -- I remember a saying once - "If you make it they will come".

Old 06-01-2011, 08:41 AM

99 posts, read 317,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
It's unfortunate that people have become so tuned out to what's going on around them that they have to be threatened with financial sanctions into paying just enough attention to keep themselves out of danger. But alas, here we are.

What is unfortunate is that governments are so tuned in to picking peoples' pocket for every little thing they can think of. This is OPPRESSION. Yes, just a little nusiance ticket for texting. But, now this, later that.

The average American commits a countless number of crimes every year. A busy professional commits three FELONIES a day! Why, because we're all crooks? No, because there are millions of nit-picking laws that you can never keep track of. Congress created out of thin air, 452 new federal felonies in the first decade of this century. That's just the Feds. How could anyone keep track of that, the states, the counties, and the municipalities for everywhere you go?

BTW texting is turned off on my phone. I don't need to be that connected. So a texting ticket is not a personal hot button for me. Watching my country turned into a police state is.

Old 06-01-2011, 09:55 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,754,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogdog View Post
Watching my country turned into a police state is.
I think Rexburg might be more of a church state.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:16 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,265,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogdog View Post
What is unfortunate is that governments are so tuned in to picking peoples' pocket for every little thing they can think of. This is OPPRESSION. Yes, just a little nusiance ticket for texting. But, now this, later that.

The average American commits a countless number of crimes every year. A busy professional commits three FELONIES a day! Why, because we're all crooks? No, because there are millions of nit-picking laws that you can never keep track of. Congress created out of thin air, 452 new federal felonies in the first decade of this century. That's just the Feds. How could anyone keep track of that, the states, the counties, and the municipalities for everywhere you go?

BTW texting is turned off on my phone. I don't need to be that connected. So a texting ticket is not a personal hot button for me. Watching my country turned into a police state is.
I feel you, man. The founders would be rolling in their graves if they knew the inalienable right to cross the street without bothering to pay attention to what the hell is happening around you was being crushed under the boot of despotic authoritarianism. A cornerstone of our free republic has been demolished.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:44 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,040,154 times
I dont text or even have a cell phone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho