Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 03:55 PM

161 posts, read 396,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogdog View Post
What is unfortunate is that governments are so tuned in to picking peoples' pocket for every little thing they can think of. This is OPPRESSION. Yes, just a little nusiance ticket for texting. But, now this, later that.

The average American commits a countless number of crimes every year. A busy professional commits three FELONIES a day! Why, because we're all crooks? No, because there are millions of nit-picking laws that you can never keep track of. Congress created out of thin air, 452 new federal felonies in the first decade of this century. That's just the Feds. How could anyone keep track of that, the states, the counties, and the municipalities for everywhere you go?

BTW texting is turned off on my phone. I don't need to be that connected. So a texting ticket is not a personal hot button for me. Watching my country turned into a police state is.
Preach it. Don't pay the texting fine...goto jail...?!?! WTF?! Criminal for texting. I thought ID was a free state? Starting to look alot like NY or California...ugh...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2011, 10:04 PM

291 posts, read 669,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
I dont text or even have a cell phone.
Better keep your head down and stay out of sight up there in Yucaipa, cuz their comin' to get ya. LOL
My life would be better without it!

Old 06-03-2011, 01:50 PM

31 posts, read 93,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I feel you, man. The founders would be rolling in their graves if they knew the inalienable right to cross the street without bothering to pay attention to what the hell is happening around you was being crushed under the boot of despotic authoritarianism. A cornerstone of our free republic has been demolished.
The sarcasm in your tone is noted, but most likely from someone who doesn't put much stake in individual liberty or personal accountability.

One of the beautiful things about Idaho is that there have been more than a few people who have and thus the absurd bans put in place in other parts of the country haven't hit quite as fiercely in ID.

Old 06-03-2011, 04:55 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RooseveltRoamer View Post
The sarcasm in your tone is noted, but most likely from someone who doesn't put much stake in individual liberty or personal accountability.

One of the beautiful things about Idaho is that there have been more than a few people who have and thus the absurd bans put in place in other parts of the country haven't hit quite as fiercely in ID.
With individual liberty comes responsibility. Too many people have put so much emphasis on the former half of the equation that they have forgotten the latter half. Responsible citizens in a free society shouldn't have to be told to maintain a minimal awareness of what's happening around them when they cross a street. When enough people can't be bothered to do something so simple, so basic and so effortless as maintain basic situational awareness when they're crossing the street so they don't get killed and/or endanger others, then they have little room to whine when the government intervenes and makes them do it.

Old 06-04-2011, 05:04 AM

938 posts, read 1,228,891 times
Default Certain Unalienable Rights - for all!!

[quote=Drover;19436234]With individual liberty comes responsibility. Too many people have put so much emphasis on the former half of the equation that they have forgotten..........

And when they legislate freedom -- it will be for our own good? Eric Fromm would marvel at such acceptance. You cannot legislate stupidity for the few. Which is more dangerous? A teenager wrapped up on a cell phone or a legislator wielding power? We'll see!

Old 06-05-2011, 08:44 AM

Default A day in the life!!!

Thursday I drove to 69th St in Upper Darby to take a subway downtown. In the course of commuting there were some annoyances. I pulled up to an intersection and an individual was standing so far from the curve at a greenlight that I was concerned I might hit him. In 69th Street there was a fellow crosiing the street reading the sports page of a newspaper. I got on the subway and my neighbor was listening to his device that was blairing loud enough for me to hear it clearly. I got into the city and in one young man's rush was nearly knocked over. I got up from the subway and there was a panhandler an agrressive panhandler. What I'm saying is that all these things annoyed me but I wouldn't create an ordinance against each one or we would all be criminals. Next time you think of justifying this type law think of what you did today? Think of the stop sign you coasted through, that cell phone you answer in an inappropriate place, the overeating, the swearing, the unholy thinking -- if there were a law we would all be criminals.

Old 06-05-2011, 09:50 AM

3,787 posts, read 7,000,519 times
Zombies.

Old 06-08-2011, 05:02 PM

161 posts, read 396,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Barnes View Post
Thursday I drove to 69th St in Upper Darby to take a subway downtown. In the course of commuting there were some annoyances. I pulled up to an intersection and an individual was standing so far from the curve at a greenlight that I was concerned I might hit him. In 69th Street there was a fellow crosiing the street reading the sports page of a newspaper. I got on the subway and my neighbor was listening to his device that was blairing loud enough for me to hear it clearly. I got into the city and in one young man's rush was nearly knocked over. I got up from the subway and there was a panhandler an agrressive panhandler. What I'm saying is that all these things annoyed me but I wouldn't create an ordinance against each one or we would all be criminals. Next time you think of justifying this type law think of what you did today? Think of the stop sign you coasted through, that cell phone you answer in an inappropriate place, the overeating, the swearing, the unholy thinking -- if there were a law we would all be criminals.
exactly.

Old 06-12-2011, 07:03 AM

Default Idaho Law's - Are you kidding?

Boise, Idaho
You may not fish from a Giraffe's Back. Are Giraffe's a problem in Idaho? Could this be true. Nah!!!!!!!!! You have to be kidding? One more: "The carrying of concealed weapons is forbidden, unless some are exhibited in public view." I can picture a cartoon on this one. I know there are laws that defy imagination in every state but the Texting just made me do the searching. Get this - Yesterday at my Grandson's graduation from Monsignor Bonner I found myself trying to dial my cell while walking. Now tell me I'm the only one. Idaho any laws about texting while riding a Giraffe?

Last edited by Norm Barnes; 06-12-2011 at 07:31 AM..

Old 06-17-2011, 10:59 AM

Default Wyoming Crazy law

"Using a firearm to fish is strictly forbidden." "Junk Dealers may not make any business transactions with drunk persons." Do they have autopsy's for fish? How do you know he's drunk?

and the Wyoming's best to make Idaho proud is:

"Any person who fails to close a fence is subject to a fine of up to seven hundred fifty dollars." -- not $500, $600 or $700 but $750. The bigger the gate the bigger the fine? Are there kids in Wyoming?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho