Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2024, 01:39 PM

1,225 posts, read 1,232,871 times

Advertisements

Janus et Cie, Brown Jordan, Heller, Kettal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2024, 10:30 AM

37,608 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Not all wicker/rattan is junk. Well-made high-quality rattan options last for years.
Just to clarify, wicker and rattan are two different things.

"Rattan" is actually a material. It's a type of climbing palm tree. It's extremely durable and can last for many many years. I have a rattan swivel rocker and footstool that I have had for close to 40 years. It is in excellent condition. I don't consider it patio furniture though - I'd never put it outside, but there are many rattan pieces well suited for outdoors.

"Wicker" refers to a type of weaving, and wicker furniture can be made of cane, straw, reeds, willows, and of course rattan too. Wicker furniture can be much less durable than rattan. Both need some maintenance and care if kept outside.

Old 03-07-2024, 06:03 PM

2,478 posts, read 1,549,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarianRavenwood View Post
Janus et Cie, Brown Jordan, Heller, Kettal.
Beautiful designs and products. I think I wouldn’t put anything from any of these design houses on my open patio, though. I would need a covered area and truck load of cash.

Old 03-10-2024, 09:06 AM

3,374 posts, read 1,966,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfomd129 View Post
We're in the process of selling our home and the outdoor furniture (front patio of the house and back lanai) are all staying with the house or being donated with the exception of one piece that I truly love because all of our dogs can fit on it with me
I'm adding to my previous post. All of the patio/lanai furniture that we left for the new owners is very high quality man-made wicker that the previous owners of the house had left for us. It's held up great during Florida weather and it looks great too.

The reason we don't want it is that the wicker arms are so uncomfortable. If we rest our arms on the hard bumpy threaded arms it's actually painful for me but just uncomfortable for my husband. We bought new patio furniture online from Room and Board and we're hoping for the best. As others have said, the return policy is important and R&B will take it back for no additional delivery charge if we don't like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House