Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2024, 08:13 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,411,821 times

Advertisements

We have bought and resold several properties in the last few decades. We always leave the patio furniture because it usually is bought specifically for that particular patio, porch or outdoor area. All but one set came from Sam’s or Lowe’s. We always sit in and look over the furniture before buying. We have never been disappointed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2024, 11:17 AM

19,823 posts, read 22,721,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latunafish View Post
We have bought and resold several properties in the last few decades. We always leave the patio furniture because it usually is bought specifically for that particular patio, porch or outdoor area. All but one set came from Sam’s or Lowe’s. We always sit in and look over the furniture before buying. We have never been disappointed.
We've moved our set 3x. It's mesh steel table and 4 'spring' chairs. Bought it at K-Mart some 30 years ago. It was cheap but man does it hold up and the charis are awesome, they rock great with that stiff coil spring. I think it was a Martha Stewart collection but I don't care, lol.

A little rustoleum every now and again and new cushions....

Old 02-23-2024, 09:24 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,411,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
We've moved our set 3x. It's mesh steel table and 4 'spring' chairs. Bought it at K-Mart some 30 years ago. It was cheap but man does it hold up and the charis are awesome, they rock great with that stiff coil spring. I think it was a Martha Stewart collection but I don't care, lol.

A little rustoleum every now and again and new cushions....
I love your deck! Makes me want to relax, just looking at it, enjoy.

Old 02-29-2024, 07:36 AM

2,435 posts, read 1,327,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfas View Post
Spring is coming!

Looking for decent, wicker furniture for an outdoor patio. We know people who have recently spent a fortune on furniture from a brand called Frontgate. Even Crate&Barrel, or Pottery Barn seems very high priced. On the other hand, we want to avoid junk.

Is there anything out there that is decent quality without costing 3k for an outdoor, wicker sofa? Recommendations appreciated.
The short answer is probably not. You get what you pay for.

We tried some stuff from Wayfair that was about $900 and it was garbage. Bits of the "wicker" would peel off after a year, the cushions easily stained, and it just wasn't comfortable. Checked out some similar discount stuff at friends/neighbors' places and the results were similar: it either breaks easily, doesn't weather well after 1-2 years, and/or isn't comfortable.

Ended up going with a Northcape Bainbridge set (https://www.northcape.com/product-category/bainbridge/) and it's been rock-solid and very comfortable to boot. The cushions are firm but plush (they're Sunbrella). However, depending on what you get, you're likely to spend a lot more than $3k.

Old 02-29-2024, 07:56 AM

1,978 posts, read 940,909 times
Quote:
Looking for decent, wicker furniture for an outdoor patio. We know people who have recently spent a fortune on furniture from a brand called Frontgate. Even Crate&Barrel, or Pottery Barn seems very high priced. On the other hand, we want to avoid junk.

Is there anything out there that is decent quality without costing 3k for an outdoor, wicker sofa? Recommendations appreciated.

I bought all of ours on Wayfair. You have to be careful about looking at the dimensions because a friend didn't do that and wound up with an L-shaped outdoor sofa that looked like it was made for a child. To be fair, though, they refunded her money AND let her keep the furniture.

I've ordered a sofa, two swiveling rockers, a five-piece table and chairs, and six barstools all for our outdoor patio and deck. They have a number of styles and fabrics but ours are all resin wicker. They've lasted years now.

Old 02-29-2024, 08:07 AM

1,978 posts, read 940,909 times
Quote:
Yes, to all above. May have to go with a set from Wayfair. Hard to trust without seeing it in person.

Here is our patio and deck sets before I bought the five-piece for the deck. All bought on Wayfair over a the years.
Attached Thumbnails
Patio furniture companies - recommendations-deck.jpg   Patio furniture companies - recommendations-patio.jpg  

Old 02-29-2024, 08:50 AM

19,823 posts, read 22,721,802 times
Very nice! Looks relaxing!

Old 02-29-2024, 09:19 AM

9,209 posts, read 6,237,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl67 View Post
Here is our patio and deck sets before I bought the five-piece for the deck. All bought on Wayfair over a the years.

I just love a dog who can enjoy a beer while reading a great book.

Dog looks totally relaxed- and isn't that the purpose of a backyard.

Last edited by Lillie767; 02-29-2024 at 09:50 AM..

Old 02-29-2024, 11:18 AM

21 posts, read 12,755 times
We use Woodard outdoor furniture. It was expensive enough new in 1989 that the company will repaint it for free forever.

And it still is great looking stuff--despite having the cushions reupholstered once.

Old 03-02-2024, 06:28 AM

50,390 posts, read 64,083,206 times
Do you have a patio store (outdoor kitchens, bars, hot tubs, pools) near you? If so, I’d start there, then check the big box stores. I’ve seen some very attractive woven furniture at Lowe’s.
OP is right, Front Door is crazy expensive, and I’d want to test drive the furniture in person to make sure it’s comfortable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House