Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2023, 09:09 PM

2,478 posts, read 1,545,581 times

Advertisements

I was thinking about using this in our upstairs bath, or possibly a small foyer on the side of our home. It’s Schumacher, Birds and Butterflies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2023, 09:31 AM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfas View Post
I was thinking about using this in our upstairs bath, or possibly a small foyer on the side of our home. It’s Schumacher, Birds and Butterflies.
I think that's lovely.

Old 12-04-2023, 08:42 AM

50,340 posts, read 63,906,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
That it can be easily pulled off is a big deal.

I really like that paper in that room. It looks great with rug.
What is funny is, I was open to anything affordable, except it had to go with the rug, which I think was under $300. (Especially after it stunk so bad that Wayfair gave me $60. off). It would have been easier to get rid of the rug, and I might not have wound up spending any more in total.

Old 12-06-2023, 01:20 PM

3,989 posts, read 6,573,136 times
I think most people with an aversion to wallpaper went through nightmare removal at some point. Our first home was wallpapered top to bottom. Halls, foyer, bathrooms, every space. On top of that we had two room with two layers to work through so I get it. That being said, we did end up wallpapering some spaces after we were done with removal. It just made some rooms look nicer in my opinion. Same in our current home, but in this current house we only did the DR above the wainscoting once I was done installing it.

Old 12-08-2023, 08:25 AM

3,253 posts, read 1,739,106 times
The first house I bought had wallpaper. My girlfriend's cat managed to shred and remove long strips of wallpaper throughout the house (Girlfriend, cat and house since replaced.) After having said damaged wallpaper removed, I'd never want wallpaper again!

Old 12-09-2023, 07:39 PM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times
The main problem, for me, with wallpaper is the long term committment. Painting over a paint color you're sick of is easy. Re-doing wallpaper is a pain in the neck.

Stick a wallpaper sample on the wall, think you absolutely love it, wait a week, you hate it. Happens with pretty much every wallpaper sample I've ever had. I think I've given up on wallpaper. (Until the next time, then I'll probably go through the "sample on the wall-love it-wait a week-hate it" process all over again.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating