Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2022, 03:47 PM

28,697 posts, read 18,861,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
I come from a time when there was supposed to be a lot more homophobia, but I don't ever recall it crossing my mind that a man showing interest in me might be gay. I do remember some guys who would sit with a seat between them when they went to the movies "so people won't think we are gay" but that always struck me as absurd.

Even more, so what if he were? Doesn't reflect on me any way but positively. And he probably isn't going to try to force me into the bed like some straight guys have done.

If you just take a little time to get to know each other before you jump into the bed you have a pretty good idea of sexual orientation/preferences of many types. You just say "yes" or "no."

Or if you can't stand the suspense ask! "Does you having a pink bedspread mean that you are gay (and what in heck do you want with me?) LOL. Lot of weird assumptions here.

Maybe she's trying to shake your self-confidence a little?
My point earlier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2022, 08:29 AM

12,073 posts, read 8,472,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
My point earlier.
Absolutely. I think we remember the same era.

Old 10-22-2022, 08:36 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,128,773 times
If YOU like the sheets and comforter, you do you. Period.

Old 10-24-2022, 08:30 AM

1,708 posts, read 1,103,547 times
Looks like a shag rug to me.

The exposed electric wiring on the wall, chips and cracks on the wall, crooked slat curtains, TV remote control out of reach from the bed, old style alarm clock, music instrument case that appears trapped and dusty, white silk sheet and pillow cases stood out more to me than the comforter.

The TV remote being out of reach would be more of a concern to me about one's masculinity.

Where are the cell phone(s), Bluetooth and game chargers. No modern sleeping area is complete these days imo without a Bluetooth charger (6 port or more) also where is the game controller? Many men game in bed.

A headboard could help here.

Old 10-24-2022, 08:54 AM

639 posts, read 404,609 times
The comforter looks pink on my monitor and IMO there's nothing wrong with a guy having a pink comforter, BUT I agree with the others about the sheets. They give off a "player" vibe and unless you are a player, I'd ditch them, besides they feel so cold. I had a set of satin sheets and used them once - hated them and I think they're at the bottom of my bed linen hamper.

Get a nice set of charcoal grey cotton (or flannel) sheets as I think they would compliment the comforter.

Old 10-24-2022, 03:11 PM

37,708 posts, read 46,130,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex?Il? View Post

Nonetheless, I'm curious to see what other women think. This comforter is really soft, if you were dating a guy, and you came to his place, do you think this comforter screams feminine or gay the way she claims?
Not in the least. But nix those sheets, dude.

Old 10-25-2022, 06:33 AM

4,621 posts, read 3,322,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by functionofx View Post
Looks like a shag rug to me.

The exposed electric wiring on the wall, chips and cracks on the wall, crooked slat curtains, TV remote control out of reach from the bed, old style alarm clock, music instrument case that appears trapped and dusty, white silk sheet and pillow cases stood out more to me than the comforter.

The TV remote being out of reach would be more of a concern to me about one's masculinity.

Where are the cell phone(s), Bluetooth and game chargers. No modern sleeping area is complete these days imo without a Bluetooth charger (6 port or more) also where is the game controller? Many men game in bed.

A headboard could help here.
Haha, this is a joke right? (If not, what world are you from?) The alarm clock, by the way, is the new looks-like-old and is very trendy these days. Chips and cracks on the wall? Crooked slat curtains, etc.etc. all sound very butch to me. Especially the no-headboard.

Old 10-25-2022, 11:30 AM

32,687 posts, read 48,227,692 times
The comforter and sheets are absolutely fine. I'd be surprised if anyone decided you are gay based upon the color of your comforter and lots and lots of single men have satin sheets. The comforter looks cushy and warm, which means it is doing its job.

People will decided you are gay based upon your behavior, not the color of your bed linen.

I'm a woman and I've dated some pretty rugged men: bull riders, race car drivers, and it wouldn't bother me in the slightest to see a man wearing a pink shirt and it wouldn't bother those men, either, and no one who ever saw them in a pink shirt would dare to say anything about it. If a pink shirt doesn't look gay, then a pink bedspread doesn't either.

Seriously, what sort of person classifies their date's sexual orientation based on the color of his bed spread? That's just nonsense.

Last edited by oregonwoodsmoke; 10-25-2022 at 11:42 AM..

Old 10-27-2022, 12:52 PM

14,265 posts, read 14,800,850 times
Real men do wear pink shirts.

Old 10-27-2022, 12:54 PM

17,482 posts, read 66,203,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
Real men do wear pink shirts.

Haven't we covered that several times in the past- on other threads??? It's not a new revelation!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating