Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Bible talk

Group Created by Hoosier

This group is for Christian believers to discuss the Bible, theology and how it impacts our lives in the 21st century

View All Members Showing 10 of 693 Member(s)
Showing 5 of 18 Picture(s)
howest2008 thoroughly enjoying himself at Pismo Beach California
From Howest2008
Taken January 2015
From Toolyps
Walker Green 007
From Fortoggie
Tulsa Downtown Historic Church
From Howest2008
images 23
From shecat
Showing Social Group Messages 1001 to 1010 of 2136
  1. Robert M Prince
    07-23-2011 11:55 AM - permalink
    Robert M Prince
    hogdogg and others,
    It is nor our nature to desire God's will, at all times. But if we pray earnestly to be reconciled to His will, He will heed our request, as He said to Cornelius in Acts 10[4]
    And he said unto him, Thy prayers and thine alms are come up for a memorial before God.
    Our heavenly Father promises that as a natural Father will not give his children anything that will harm them, even so He gives the Holy Spirit to those who diligently seek it (see Luke 11:[10] For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
    [11] If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?
    [12] Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?
    [13] If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

If you and your wife can agree to pray together for God to show you what His will is for your future together and you can patiently wait for God to reveal His will, you may be surprised at what He will show you.
  2. hoggdogg
    07-22-2011 12:33 PM - permalink
    hoggdogg
    good afternoon everyone i been praying for my remolding buisnees to pick up and it hasnt my old job in baghdad wants me to come back well when the wife found out well we just got into an big fight sure wished that wouldnt happen there just no jobs out there
  3. Old Snow Bear
    07-22-2011 07:48 AM - permalink
    Old Snow Bear
    Good Afternoon Mr. Prince, Southward Bound, the city, driftwoodpoint, DARRELL-N-FLORIDA, hoggdogg, grandtigger, Ilene Wright and to all Bible talk members. To the city it's good to see you have goal and I will pray all goes according to God's will
    Ecclesiastes 2 v 24 There is nothing better for a man, than that he should eat and drink, and that he should make his soul enjoy good in his labour. This also I saw, that it was from the hand of God. 25 For who can eat, or who else can hasten hereunto, more than I? 26 For God giveth to a man that is good in his sight wisdom, and knowledge, and joy: but to the sinner he giveth travail, to gather and to heap up, that he may give to him that is good before God.....
    To all, I hope your weekend is well and that you enjoy yourselves and be safe. Shalom - OSB
  4. the city
    07-21-2011 08:39 PM - permalink
    the city
    I am doing alright. I think Ilene made a good point. I think me not caring about other things is because I know what I want and I care about those things.

I am going to let the friend thing happen as it comes. Some friendships aren't working out, but some people I know who are strong christians might work out. And I might be satisfied with the two male and one female christian friends I have right now who I hang with alot that I met from my college youth group.

I am going to re-apply to my college.

I am going to wait until 2013 when Macy's will be 30 minutes away instead of an hour.

And today I helped a lady push her car that had stopped right before she got to her house. And also prayed and read my bible today.

And my mother's mom will be passing away soon. I am not sure if she knows Christ because she was Christian Science but she believes in Jesus dying for her sins. I just dont know if she believes in heaven.

God Bless!
  5. Old Snow Bear
    07-21-2011 05:44 PM - permalink
    Old Snow Bear
    Is everyone OK?
  6. Old Snow Bear
    07-20-2011 04:45 PM - permalink
    Old Snow Bear
    Good Afternoon Mr. Prince, Southward Bound, the city, driftwoodpoint, DARRELL-N-FLORIDA, hoggdogg, grandtigger and to all Bible talk members, as well to Ilene Wright welcome back.
    Mr. Prince that scripture is also an excellent selection, I find myself meditating on it and similar ones when I become demoralized or when I find myself tempted by anger toward another. It's not easy to overcome problems but it's good to have the resources of the Word and fellowship with other believers to keep one in focus.
    Anyway, be safe and I'll be back tomorrow. Shalom - OSB
  7. Ilene Wright
    07-20-2011 03:57 PM - permalink
    Ilene Wright
    Wow it's been a while since I visited here.....hello everyone!! I'm happy to see that "bible talk" is still going strong........some of us old folks forget about it. I mean old as in "C-D" old, old members! So, The City, I have some advice for what it's worth. I don't think that you don't care, you've just decided what it is that you want. You want to stay with your parents for now and re-apply to the nearby college. You sound young and you have all the time in the world to make new friends. Besides, you will be making new friends at whatever college you decide to go to. It's inevitable.
  8. the city
    07-20-2011 02:45 PM - permalink
    the city
    Yeah the job is going along. And now I got an official denial from my local college, so I will need to re-apply.

And as of lately, I have not cared about some things. My desire to go on a missionary trip out of state, move into an apartment with a friend, and look for new friends. I feel I just want to stay with my parents and be with my current friends and then re-apply to the college nearby home. I figure new friends will eventually come into my life. But I am not going to be actively looking.
  9. Robert M Prince
    07-20-2011 05:19 AM - permalink
    Robert M Prince
    To the city-
    It is good that your job is going well. It is always good that we count our blessings instead of dwelling on things that are not going well. One of my favorite scripture passages is in Phillipians 4:[8] Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
    OSB always comes up with encouraging verses. That passage from Deut. 8 was especially good.
  10. the city
    07-19-2011 11:29 PM - permalink
    the city
    Good suggestion Old Snow Bear. I should have God on more of my stuff. It's on my keychain for my car keys. Also in my new game boy I put my favorite verse. But I could add it to my bible verse. I do try my best to keep God on my mind as much possible. I'm not perfect or a saint by all means by I try my best.

Anyways, there is a glimmer of hope in my life. When I thought all hope was lost that I would have to re-apply to my nearby university I got an email and they said they want to double check my transcript and might move the admission process forward. Despite the fact I failed math I might be able to attend. In this case, I would take one class and then take the other classes at my junior college and then transfer majors later. If Jesus pulls me through the hoop of at least getting me in then I know without a doubt Jesus can do anything in my life.

And also I was thinking about moving out with a friend to an apartment near my college. But I felt in my heart I would not have as much fun with that friend and I dont want to leave my friends in my hometown. My friends in my hometown want to start our own bible study. And I pray God will bring new friends and remove friends from my life as needed.

And today at work I saw this drug dealers looking guy with his daughters trying to sell kittens. And it angered me so much. Because he had money and yet he was not doing the right thing with these animals. I told his daughters to give the cats away for free and told the dad where the cat shelter was. He didnt really care and was rude to me. But I prayed for him and the cats and the daughters. But overall, my job is going good besides when you see the sadness of this Earth.