Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Las Vegas

Group Created by PinkString

This group is for anyone that loves Las Vegas, lives here, wants to move here. We encourage humor daily. We want this to be a fun place, not a place for trolls.
So come on in and let the good times roll. :)

View All Members Showing 10 of 119 Member(s)
Showing 5 of 14 Picture(s)
n1538a
From jamieyh
n1552a
From jamieyh
n1547a
From jamieyh
n1541 1a
From jamieyh
n1539 2a
From jamieyh
Showing Social Group Messages 41 to 50 of 84
  1. Danjohn3646
    11-23-2009 03:26 PM - permalink
    Danjohn3646
    Hello friends. I am a 44 y.o. single caucasian male. I currently live in Iowa for the last 2.5 years. Before that I lived for 38 years in Florida. I am thinking of moving to Las Vegas or at least in the vacinity of the city. I have been looking online at places on Rent.com and other apartment sites but then realized I know nothing about the area as I have never been to Nevada. I grew up from age 3 - 41 in Florida. I don't want to go back to the SE and I have had enough snow to last me for a life time. Califirnia is too expensive so that leave good ole Nevada. If I move the Las Vegas it will be the first time I have ever lived in a major metropolis. I am used to small towns and small cities such as Gainseville and Ocala florida. To get to the point I am not a professional executive and don't make a lot of money. I am the average person working just above minimum wage and fast food management. I will be getting a Associates Business Management Degree in february. Anyone have any suggestions on a low crime, safe at night and day area to get a reasonably priced home or apartment? I realize major cities have high crime but I also know that Las Vegas violent crime is lower than a lot of major cities. I have viewed places on line such as : Alexander Gardens, Cobblestone creek, Oasis Ridge, La Rochelle and others but they all say quiet, pleasant and family. I am single and not looking for anything to huge or expensive just a nice safe and quiet area where I won't have to deal with sirens and police outside every night. Where I live now I have been for over 2 years and have seen the police out here about 2 times total. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
  2. healer77
    07-13-2009 01:31 PM - permalink
    healer77
    Hi everybody.

I live in Seattle. I have a good job offer that I'm considering. Please let me know which neighborhoods are good raise family. I have 2 kids. I want to be closed to city.
    Any information on Las-vegas will appreciated

Thanks
    RK
  3. PinkString
    05-29-2009 03:00 AM - permalink
    PinkString
    I've also been really busy. I spend way too much time on Facebook with my family. I need to take a month off of that place.
  4. MsMcQ LV
    05-23-2009 03:24 PM - permalink
    MsMcQ LV
    Sorry - haven't been to the social group more - been real busy in other parts of the forum. Plus I'm trying real hard not to spend ALL of my time on-line! Had to practically force myself to shut it down this morning and get out of here to get some groceries!
  5. 'M'
    05-20-2009 09:03 PM - permalink
    'M'
    Hi, Las Vegas-lovers...introducing myself...Las Vegas is one place I am considering moving to, want a warmer climate, tired of the cold. Going to Vegas this weekend to check out the area. Have a great Memorial Day weekend, Everybody!!!
  6. GastonTimes4
    05-20-2009 12:07 PM - permalink
    GastonTimes4
    Morning Vegas!
  7. MsMcQ LV
    05-14-2009 11:43 AM - permalink
    MsMcQ LV
    Yup - RJ forum. Got the link for CD off still another forum that I've basically abandoned because of the nastiness. I do try to use the same (or at least a similar) screen name on all my forums so friends can find me.
    Normally I'm off-line by this time of day, reading a book or trying to clean a bit. Today I'm still on the computer waiting for my son to get his truck towed home so I know how much I gotta pay for the tow. He's had a spate of really bad luck the last few weeks with vehicles. Anyone know where he can get a decent vehicle for less than a thousand?
  8. GastonTimes4
    05-13-2009 11:52 AM - permalink
    GastonTimes4
    Hey guys! Found the Vegas Forum Group ... Still trying to learn how to navigate my way around this site! It's another hot, beautiful, glad I got my desk job, kinda day!
  9. PinkString
    05-13-2009 03:17 AM - permalink
    PinkString
    I think it's going to be a record breaking summer. We usually don't see upper 90's or 100's until Memorial Day at the earliest. It's been unseasonably hot since before the end of April.
    At the rate we are going, I predict the 110+ temps will start as early as June. Anyone else have any predictions?
  10. PinkString
    05-12-2009 06:23 PM - permalink
    PinkString
    Hi there. Your name does look familiar. RJ forum?