Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 01:31 PM

1,113 posts, read 2,521,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalblue View Post
id say your experience is very rare...
I wish it were rare but I know a lot of people who still live there and their experiences are the same.

Old 06-02-2007, 05:59 PM

4 posts, read 19,378 times
What part of Florida would be an afordable, nice, safe place to relocate? I am going to be single with no children but do not wnat to live in the ghetto.

Old 06-02-2007, 06:01 PM

Default Move to Florida??????

Can someone suggest an area towards the middle of the state that is not crime ridden, overly expensive?

Old 06-02-2007, 07:10 PM

1,113 posts, read 2,521,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBSX View Post
What part of Florida would be an afordable, nice, safe place to relocate? I am going to be single with no children but do not wnat to live in the ghetto.
If you are college age, Gainesville might be a good place for you. If you are older, Tallahassee is not bad either. But I wouldn't go south. Ever been to Sebring?

Old 06-02-2007, 07:36 PM

1,912 posts, read 3,225,866 times
I've lived on the water in Pompano Beach for 23 years and it is a GREAT area. My friends recently visited and we spent afternoons at my pool, lunches on the intracoastal, shopping, BBQ'ing, the weather was great and there is plenty to do. We tooled around town in my convertible and everyone had a beautiful time.

Old 06-03-2007, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveLoveLaugh View Post
I've lived on the water in Pompano Beach for 23 years and it is a GREAT area. My friends recently visited and we spent afternoons at my pool, lunches on the intracoastal, shopping, BBQ'ing, the weather was great and there is plenty to do. We tooled around town in my convertible and everyone had a beautiful time.
Hi. thank for your advice. Could you tell me what the price ranges are for where you live? Are there alot of single people there? I am going to be leaving my husband and am so down in the dumps and scared and need to live where I can try to laugh again

Old 06-03-2007, 06:24 PM

68 posts, read 294,932 times
Default Try coral springs, next to pompano

Pompano has some shady areas. In coral springs, you have lots of food and shops on university. It is very close to pompano, some CS areas share the same zip code. This is where I live

prices are coming down around here. I would go the realtor.com website and maybe enter either coral springs or 33067 and see what is now in your price range.

PM me, if you want more specifics.

Evelyn

Old 06-03-2007, 11:05 PM

31 posts, read 118,700 times
I would have to agree with robeve310 if you are looking to live the Fort Lauderdale area, Coral Springs is one of the nicer and more affordable areas.

Old 06-04-2007, 10:52 AM

4,739 posts, read 8,377,143 times
Lets face it all big cities have its share of people that can't make it and leave and its share of people that did well, are retireing and are taking their wealth to areas where their money will go further. Fort Lauderdale is a beautiful city with alot to offer. We bought a house in Plantation, Quadrupled our money in a few short years, bought in Boneventure and did the same. For a stable Healty minded young person its a place where dreams can happen.

Old 07-30-2007, 05:54 AM

4 posts, read 13,542 times
I moved from Atlanta to Ft Lauderdale 20 years ago, and love it. I don't think it has any more crime than other cities it's size, and is a great place for 20 something single professionals. There's a lot to do, and the diversity enables you to learn a lot.

That being said, it's become super-expensive to live here...don't expect to rent a decent apartment for less than $1000 per month. It's also important to come down here and learn the "pockets" of bad neighborhoods...generally everything along I-95, which can get really bad, really fast. You will have major sticker shock when it comes to renting, gas, cost of food, entertainment, etc. This is why a lot of middle class people are leaving. If you go to West Broward be prepared to contend with heavy traffic commutes. I live east of US-1, which is considered to be prime. I have no interest in anything west of I-95 except for Sawgrass Mall!

Still, I love the culture, energy, and convenience of everything...I do think I've become more stand-offish to strangers since I moved down here (just learning to be wise living in a city), but I've made some really great friends and there are a lot of good people here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area