Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 08:05 AM

436 posts, read 1,089,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
I work for a company that is based in Northford , CT so I go up there for a few days every other month for meetings . Yes the spring and fall are nice but the summers can feel just like South Florida and the winters are brutal . I am not enamored of CT ... I find many of the residential areas to be dreary and gray and simply cannot get into seeing those tiny dumpy wooden houses on huge lots ... I also find Hartford to be pretty nasty and as bad as anything we have down here ... bottom line is you could not pay me enough to live in Connecticut . The only places that I love in the North East are Manhattan and Boston ... the rest you can have !!
CT is the wealthiest state in the US. Now, I am from FL and wouldnt want to live in CT, but so say that you see "those tiny, dumpy wooden houses on huge lots" seems kind of funny to me. You can sure as heck see "tiny, dumpy concrete houses on tiny lots" throughout South Florida. So I guess the difference is wooden vs stucco and big lots vs tiny. LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 08:34 AM

2,764 posts, read 6,766,181 times
Thanks Hoptoit - I tried convincing my hubby yesterday about other places other than Florida, but unlike most people from the North, we are moving to be with our family - we are the last of the Mohicans so to speak. We are really the only ones left here in NY. Because of that, I'm okay with moving just about anywhere. I would love to be somewhere where the fall/winter/spring were mild at best - I love the orange leaves on halloween. That being said, I don't dislike Florida enough to not move there and I really want out of NY.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:43 AM

789 posts, read 2,563,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
Thanks Hoptoit - I tried convincing my hubby yesterday about other places other than Florida, but unlike most people from the North, we are moving to be with our family - we are the last of the Mohicans so to speak. We are really the only ones left here in NY. Because of that, I'm okay with moving just about anywhere. I would love to be somewhere where the fall/winter/spring were mild at best - I love the orange leaves on halloween. That being said, I don't dislike Florida enough to not move there and I really want out of NY.
Convince some more, ...

Old 03-03-2009, 11:31 AM

3,225 posts, read 8,573,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyc View Post
Convince some more, ...
tony, at some point trying to convince a spouse or SO can be like trying to get blood out of stone.

i dunno, but for years i tried to get my better half to move from manhattan to queens with me - to no avail. i wore the sexiest little thong i could find, doused myself with the most scented ralph lauren cologne, gyrated before her to the sounds of little richard, bob marley, van halen, dolly parton, maroon 5, bruce springsteen, even tried beethoven. did candlelight and other softer pieces, got on my knees, begged, pleaded, gyrated in that black thong again.

guess what? i'm heading to queens by myself.

Old 03-03-2009, 12:32 PM

2,113 posts, read 5,076,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopToIt View Post
CT is the wealthiest state in the US. Now, I am from FL and wouldnt want to live in CT, but so say that you see "those tiny, dumpy wooden houses on huge lots" seems kind of funny to me. You can sure as heck see "tiny, dumpy concrete houses on tiny lots" throughout South Florida. So I guess the difference is wooden vs stucco and big lots vs tiny. LOL.
It may be the wealthiest state in the US but you would never know it from the places I go to for work up there .. Hartford , Wallingford and Northford ... just not for me ... the wood construction just turns me off .. some people love CT ... I do not ..... prefer NY or Mass anyday .

Old 03-03-2009, 12:37 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
If weather were the most important thing, we would all be living in SanDiego!

Old 03-03-2009, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyc View Post
Convince some more, ...

Convince some more? I dunno what you mean. To move from NY to FL or to go elsewhere?

Old 03-03-2009, 01:49 PM

124 posts, read 440,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan34 View Post
I love how Northerners try to make us feel sorry for them because of all of the snow. If it is so bad, then why would you live there? Why not move down to South Florida if it is so bad? I'm sure there are many who live down here who would trade places with you.

That's what were trying to do, but everyone keeps telling us that FL is hell and we should stay away

Old 03-03-2009, 02:45 PM

Default Oh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopToIt View Post
Convince some more? I dunno what you mean. To move from NY to FL or to go elsewhere?
I think you were probably talking so another poster. Oopsie!

Old 03-03-2009, 03:19 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,661,046 times
Queens heat and humidity is NOTHING in comparison to South Florida. In NYC maybe you get a couple of days out of 3 months in the 90s with humidity, but South Florida it is day after day from about April thru November.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area