Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 04:36 PM

2,721 posts, read 4,391,187 times

Advertisements

It is the length of the winters here that is so bad.
Besides if you don't clear the wnow the driveway will become glare ice
and unwalkable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beentheredidthat View Post
LOL...if the OP can only complain about snow hes lucky...i'll take the snow over all the BS in Florida anyday....here is an idea for you....GET A JEEP WRANGLER LIFTED ON 33's....you will never have to plow your driveway again, and can stop your complaining...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 04:48 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,661,046 times
Default My older daughter moved out of Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by huckster View Post
The snow is great up til' January but by March the winters wear thin around here. It is beautiful though here in the north, summers hardly ever reach 90 degrees, that is the good part.
after 4 months (November through March). She said she HAD to get out before the Summer. She also said that although the winter in Florida was nice, the rest of the year was horrible. "I can live through 3 months of "bad" Winter weather in NY, so I can have 9 months of great weather in the Spring, Summer, and Fall."

I am referring to Rachael's older sister, btw.

Old 09-05-2009, 05:52 PM

81 posts, read 276,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvi03 View Post
That's what were trying to do, but everyone keeps telling us that FL is hell and we should stay away
Yeah I cant figure out all the negativity on theses boards? What is with all the bashing of Florida? With all the bashing I am having second thoughts about moving there in a year. Have a blessed day.

Old 09-07-2009, 12:46 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,383,485 times
We just moved from NY, right before the end of august and guess what? I personally feel no difference between the heat and humidity I felt in Brooklyn and the heat and humidity I feel in Weston. I truly don't!!! Maybe I just don't mind it. Some people have just great tolerance towards this type of weather. I can easily handle 6 months of this type of heat, if in return I will get 60 degrees winters. I hated NY winters. It's not even the brutal cold, it's a nasty rain and wind. Out of 365 days we only get about 65 days of good weather here.

Old 09-07-2009, 01:23 PM

3,043 posts, read 7,710,346 times
We get 3 seasons here - Summer, Still Summer and Almost Summer. And, the 10 days of Almost Summer are beautiful! lol

Old 09-07-2009, 01:29 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,801,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
We just moved from NY, right before the end of august and guess what? I personally feel no difference between the heat and humidity I felt in Brooklyn and the heat and humidity I feel in Weston. I truly don't!!! Maybe I just don't mind it. Some people have just great tolerance towards this type of weather. I can easily handle 6 months of this type of heat, if in return I will get 60 degrees winters. I hated NY winters. It's not even the brutal cold, it's a nasty rain and wind. Out of 365 days we only get about 65 days of good weather here.

The constant heat and humidity gets old - fast. Lets not get started on the thunderstorms and hurricane season. Give it time.

Old 09-07-2009, 03:27 PM

157 posts, read 487,766 times
I don`t mind the heat and humidity. What I do mind is the lack of trees and land preservation. The only tree shaded green space near me is Tree Tops Park. It is beautiful. I walk my dogs on the nature trail in Tree Top Park. There is a canopy of live oaks and adjacent fields of grass. We often stop to rest under one of those massive live oak trees. Thats where we cool down. It is quite nice and comfortable.

Old 09-07-2009, 04:25 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,383,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StilltheSame View Post
The constant heat and humidity gets old - fast. Lets not get started on the thunderstorms and hurricane season. Give it time.
I like the thunderstorms so far, but I guess I will have to see, I can't tell whether or not i will begin to hate the heat, I love hot weather...I do know that I looked at the calendar today and with horror said to myself: "oh no....summer is almost over...here comes the nasty cold...oh wait...I don't live in NY anymore!!!" and sighed with relief.

Old 09-08-2009, 08:10 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,381,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
also from brooklyn, and completely agree with you...this was our 1st summer here, cant wait for winter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area