Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 12:04 PM

789 posts, read 2,564,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
What does she do in the Medical Profession?
Nutritionist..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 12:12 PM

2,764 posts, read 6,769,574 times
Miles, thank you - I'm learning as I go, really my only worry is the job situation. Basically, I won't know unless I go, however, having people tell me that no one makes that salary does make me nervous. I don't expect to live like a millionaire, I don't in NY either, but I do think it is a little easier to get a home that you own there. I'm not even considering going until June, but wanted to get all my eggs in a basket, before I went. I wish there were an easier way to go about this.

Old 01-15-2009, 12:44 PM

419 posts, read 602,985 times
I live in Broward county. I moved here 5 years ago. I hate it and we are now looking to leave. My husband was born and raised in Fla miami to be exact. He also hates it now since he has seen what its like to live in another state.

I miss snow and I havent been in the christmas spirit since I've been here. Putting lights on palm trees is not the same for me. I miss seeing the seasons change. I now hate the beach. Then you deal with lizzards in your house all the time. I cant leave my patio door open because they will walk in and hard to get out unless you own a cat.

It might not be the same for you but the traffic and rude people are wearing me down. I am now finding myself being rude because it just gets to you.Then you add in the cost of living does not match the pay rates here. Many people down here are happy to have a job earning 10.00an hour now a days.

Now dont get me wrong its not all terrible and yes I am very unhappy living in Fla and Broward county. It is nice being able to go to the pool so late in the year. But to me that just isnt worth it for me

Everyone I know is always so stressed out.

There really isnt much to do other then go to the beach, Disney, of course there is movies and such.

This just is not the time to be moving here unless you have a job lined up before you get here.

Guess I am one of those hating on Fla. I bought the Hype of living in the Sunshine state and now want a refund. lol

Old 01-15-2009, 12:52 PM

^^ lol...my kids so love the lizards. They captured a couple and brought them back to the NE. Of course they didn't live for much longer as the stress of the flight may of gotten to them.

One of the highlights of my last trip, was parking the car and hitting the surf (with board) within a stone's throw.

Old 01-15-2009, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyc View Post
^^ lol...my kids so love the lizards. They captured a couple and brought them back to the NE. Of course they didn't live for much longer as the stress of the flight may of gotten to them.

One of the highlights of my last trip, was parking the car and hitting the surf (with board) within a stone's throw.
Yeah thats kinda rare to do I never see anyone on a board unless a hurricane is coming.

You can have all the lizzards that makes it inside my house. lol

Old 01-15-2009, 12:59 PM

lol Funny story I remember 1st moving here and telling people " I dont have bugs in my house" I dont need bug spray, Boy it didnt take long for that to be a lie. It doesnt matter how clean your house is down here, You have bugs in your house of some kind.

Well I find that story funny you all might not lol Sorry

Old 01-15-2009, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plovedupont View Post
Yeah thats kinda rare to do I never see anyone on a board unless a hurricane is coming.

You can have all the lizzards that makes it inside my house. lol
This was back in October, FLL, quite a few people were out. It wasn't like waist high or anything, but still decent. This was around..hmm where the road sort of bends, by the life guard boot. There were also some skimboarding. Actually it's not rare because my cousins buddy who is in the local surf club is always out there

Jess would take u up on the offer for the lizards, right now we have two at home.

Old 01-15-2009, 01:05 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,575,368 times
Quote:
I live in Broward county. I moved here 5 years ago. I hate it and we are now looking to leave. My husband was born and raised in Fla miami to be exact. He also hates it now since he has seen what its like to live in another state.

I miss snow and I havent been in the christmas spirit since I've been here. Putting lights on palm trees is not the same for me. I miss seeing the seasons change. I now hate the beach. Then you deal with lizzards in your house all the time. I cant leave my patio door open because they will walk in and hard to get out unless you own a cat.

It might not be the same for you but the traffic and rude people are wearing me down. I am now finding myself being rude because it just gets to you.Then you add in the cost of living does not match the pay rates here. Many people down here are happy to have a job earning 10.00an hour now a days.

Now dont get me wrong its not all terrible and yes I am very unhappy living in Fla and Broward county. It is nice being able to go to the pool so late in the year. But to me that just isnt worth it for me

Everyone I know is always so stressed out.

There really isnt much to do other then go to the beach, Disney, of course there is movies and such.

This just is not the time to be moving here unless you have a job lined up before you get here.

Guess I am one of those hating on Fla. I bought the Hype of living in the Sunshine state and now want a refund. lol
Would love to trade places with you. As I told the OP - different strokes for different folks. Give me the lizards, the rude people, the traffic. Just make sure I can wear shorts in Christmas, have no snow, slush, sleet, winter clothing, wind chill factors, give me the palm trees, Disney, slower pace, beaches, lovely flora and fauna, diversity of the state for weekend trips. Did I mention I hate winter?

Wish it was as easy as you taking my place and me moving down to take yours. And yeah, I don't buy in to hype easily. I know what I want for myself in life, not what someone else wants with theirs.

Old 01-15-2009, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyc View Post
This was back in October, FLL, quite a few people were out. It wasn't like waist high or anything, but still decent. This was around..hmm where the road sort of bends, by the life guard boot. There were also some skimboarding. Actually it's not rare because my cousins buddy who is in the local surf club is always out there

Jess would take u up on the offer for the lizards, right now we have two at home.
Must be just my beach I am a little up from Fort Lauderdale in Deerfield beach, You dont see people surfing here. I dont know why call them our beach lol

Old 01-15-2009, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Must be just my beach I am a little up from Fort Lauderdale in Deerfield beach, You dont see people surfing here. I dont know why call them our beach lol
yup, because even by Surfside, 186th by the jetty, there were quite a few out.

Deerfield is flat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area