Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 01:32 AM

105 posts, read 250,043 times

Advertisements

Seriously, there is some major issues with the people here. If I hadn't fallen in love, I woulda been long gone and I think I still am going to leave soon. I'm missing out on a lot of good moments with other people by being in such an environment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2014, 04:13 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,105,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Speaking of research, you may want to do some before criticizing others. Broward is considered part of the Miami metropolitan area.

Miami metropolitan area - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I am well aware Broward is part of the Miami Metro area. The OP SPECIFICALLY mentioned Broward, not Miami.

Old 02-18-2014, 04:52 AM

1,015 posts, read 1,654,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Once again you are clueless. The OP didn't mention Miami, Miami-Dade, or Miami Dade Metro. They specifically said Broward.

Why don't you stick to answering questions about subjects you know something about; Bradenton, Florida and Long Island.

You continue to give advice to people when you have no idea what you are talking about.

I know you hate that you moved to Bradenton but that was your own fault for not doing any research.
1-Who was talking about Bradenton?
2-I said the Miami AREA, which includes Broward,
3-You keep saying that I don't live in Sarasota so I can't criticize it. By that logic, you can only post about the little suburb you live in, or the neighborhood you live in. They are only about 10-15 miles from each other anyway.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:23 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,105,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isles20 View Post
1-Who was talking about Bradenton?
2-I said the Miami AREA, which includes Broward,
3-You keep saying that I don't live in Sarasota so I can't criticize it. By that logic, you can only post about the little suburb you live in, or the neighborhood you live in. They are only about 10-15 miles from each other anyway.
You live in Bradenton. I live in Fort Lauderdale and my family lives in Miami. I've been spending time in Miami since I was a little girl.

You are pissed you didn't research Florida and ended up in Bradenton and not Miami.

Old 02-19-2014, 12:27 PM

65 posts, read 156,924 times
I lived in Broward for 12 years. The OP is correct about animal like people, but they are in general in pockets in bad neighborhoods. More specifically the Black American and Haitian areas of Ft Lauderdale (I 95 corridor, Sistrunk), North Lauderdale, small section 8 area in Coral Springs by Riverside Dr. My wife and I moved to Tucson, AZ and in general the people are friendlier. We've concluded because the American transplants are from the midwest, rocky mountain areas and pacific northwest here, rather than the northeast in S. Florida. While the foreign transplants are from Mexico rather than Haiti, Jamaica, most of the Caribbean and South America. In general, Mexicans are much friendlier and polite than people from the Caribbean and South America. I work for Comcast so I interact with a lot of people every day, this is my real life experiences, not made up stories.

Old 02-19-2014, 02:43 PM

438 posts, read 653,556 times
I
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNG12977 View Post
... More specifically the Black American and Haitian areas of Ft Lauderdale (I 95 corridor, Sistrunk), North Lauderdale, small section 8 area in Coral Springs by Riverside Dr...While the foreign transplants are from Mexico rather than Haiti, Jamaica, most of the Caribbean and South America. In general, Mexicans are much friendlier and polite than people from the Caribbean and South America... .
Your decision to judge entire groups of people based on your assumptions about their ethnicity and skin color is unfortunate. Stereotyping people with racist statements based on your experience as a Comcast employee is ridiculous.

Old 02-19-2014, 05:30 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,918,308 times
Most Mexicans work hard, are friendly, and many of them will help you out as best they can.

Old 02-20-2014, 09:28 AM

116 posts, read 169,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
Most Mexicans work hard, are friendly, and many of them will help you out as best they can.
Most people all around the world work hard, are friendly, and many will help you out the best they can.

Old 02-20-2014, 09:36 AM

116 posts, read 169,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNG12977 View Post
I lived in Broward for 12 years. The OP is correct about animal like people, but they are in general in pockets in bad neighborhoods. More specifically the Black American and Haitian areas of Ft Lauderdale (I 95 corridor, Sistrunk), North Lauderdale, small section 8 area in Coral Springs by Riverside Dr. My wife and I moved to Tucson, AZ and in general the people are friendlier. We've concluded because the American transplants are from the midwest, rocky mountain areas and pacific northwest here, rather than the northeast in S. Florida. While the foreign transplants are from Mexico rather than Haiti, Jamaica, most of the Caribbean and South America. In general, Mexicans are much friendlier and polite than people from the Caribbean and South America. I work for Comcast so I interact with a lot of people every day, this is my real life experiences, not made up stories.
Your real life stories are heavily influenced by hard core racism.

Old 02-20-2014, 09:48 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,692,068 times
Broward is such a mixed bag.

Places in Hollywood, north Lauderdale, and rough areas of fort lauderdale do have aniomal like people. An inordinate amount.

Places like Parkland, Weston, Coral Springs have nicer people.
It all comes down to who you're dealing with. There's a lot of poor, struggling, uneducated people in Broward, therefore they know nothing else, but to be a rude zoo animal. They don't know any better.

When u get into the classier towns and cities, u notice the people are nicer and generally less aggressive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area