Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 09:19 AM

40 posts, read 82,729 times

Advertisements

I have been following this site for some time and reading numerous threads, posts, and replies. I have seen many that have asked specifically for Hispanic area's to live in, and Black area's to live in. So because I'm caucasian, I will be considered a racist for requesting info and advice for seeking a neighborhood or community that has predominantly more white people living there.
Sorry, that's not my fault, of how certain neighborhoods get labelled for being extremely dangerous, crime infested, and dangerous place to live. I have had my experiences where I have lived in many communities where they were primarily white, then changed to primarily black/hispanic, and people of all colors were no longer able to walk the streets safely, because the crime rates and murders increased dramatically. When you have a low element of people who are used to living in a ghetto and move to another area which is changing, then that becomes an opportunity for them to earn money by increasing a crime spree, and they dont care if there victims are white, black, hispanic, or any other color.
Lived in a area that was changing into an area which was primarily Asians and Orthodox Jews, well I didn't have to move or leave that area, there were Asians or Jews running around in groups committing rape, murder, dealing drugs, drug homes selling drugs, drive by shootings. Yes, I know, there are crimes, and yes these people can and will do crimes, but I think they have a degree od mercy in them that if they rob you with a gun, and you give them what they want you will be okay, unlike some other groups, who just want to see how their gun works and shoot a person for the hell of it.
Once again, I apologize for babbling on, all i want is to check area's that are safe, predominantly white, and a large mix of other ethnicities, because there are truly so many people out there of all colors, race, culture, and walks of life that I truly would enjoy being exposed to and learning more about, but all I ask is that there is a level that we are all on, and that would be for a safe, secure neighborhood where people can walk, run, jog, at all times of the day and night, and not worry about returning from a run with a bullet, or knife in your body. it would be nice if the people of such a community are into maintaining there homes, and upkeep of their exterior such as lawns, looking out for your neighbors, and trying to live in a tranquil neighborhood where we all respect and can live with one another side by side.
Can anyone provide me with some specific area's within Coconut Creek, North of Coconut Creek bordering Boca, Deerfield beach, North Andrew's gardens, Coral Ridge, and any other area's that you can suggest within the FT. Lauderdale, South Florida area.
I do hope I get some replies, and if anyone has been offended by anything I have stated I do apologize in advance. But, please remember there is always the other side of a persons request, and in short, I have been a victim of several crimes, 2 of those being held up with gun, 3 crimes where knife was used against me, and stabbed, So being a Nurse I am a dedicated caring person, who helps people, but seems I have gotten a raw deal, by society's wanderers
Thank You

Old 02-11-2013, 09:23 AM

1,336 posts, read 4,965,981 times
if you want a predominantly white community then the last place on earth you should move is south florida, period.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:28 AM

23,597 posts, read 70,412,676 times
Ignoring everything but the last two paragraphs, I have to agree with JSnFla. You do NOT want to move to south Florida.

I can't think of a single area where it would be safe to run at all hours of the day or night without being stopped fifteen times by police or security telling you to go home.

Old 02-11-2013, 12:03 PM

179 posts, read 308,584 times
Don't have the time to read all that but...

Safe from what?

Safe from theft? Not gonna happen. There's not a single area in South FLA that's completely safe from that. The "safe" neighborhoods are never more than 10-15 minutes away from the seedy ones.

Safe from violence? Well there's plenty of areas you can move where you'll be safe from violence.

Old 02-11-2013, 12:09 PM

5,021 posts, read 7,449,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnFla View Post
if you want a predominantly white community then the last place on earth you should move is south florida, period.
Agreed!

Old 02-11-2013, 12:17 PM

652 posts, read 1,653,064 times
I think you should move to Montana.

Old 02-11-2013, 03:48 PM

40 posts, read 82,729 times
Thank You for the suggestion NowSoFlorida, but because of certain health issue's it was advised to me that South Florida would be the best place for me. I dont think you need to be so smug and tell me to go to Montana, have nothing against Montana, but your reply was just plain rude, and mean spirited. All I asked for was safe neighborhood within certain area's, where one can feel safe going to store's, shopping, and local park to walk dog, and not be in fear that I may be subjected to gands, criminals, and other deviates who are usually looking to break law. You know exactly what I mean, dont want to live in ghetto. Want to be able to be outside in the front yard talking to neighbors, and not worrying about a slow moving vehicle, filled with guys with Doo Rags on there heads, getting ready to commit a drive by shooting, or better yet looking for the house that sells drugs, or maybe looking for the house with a bunch of HO'S. Whores, or skanks selling their bodies.
I didn't think I was requesting a difficult task, by asking for personal opinions for neighborhoods that are obviously predominantly more white.
Thank You,BigSicily954, for being kind enough to ask what I mean by safe area.
Thank you for any and all info that you can provide, I want to move to South Florida, and spend my time in a Bikini 8 months out of the year, which is not feasable in MONTANA

Old 02-11-2013, 04:42 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,800,032 times
Maybe SW florida. Definitely not SE Florida. Even if you lived in the most expensive, exclusive lily white community - you are just around the corner, down the street and up the way - - -from all you are concerned about. Seriously, it's not the spot for you. What about Arizona?

Old 02-11-2013, 04:46 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,909,503 times
Most of the white neighborhoods in south FL have many hispanics and jews living in them. If you are looking to avoid blacks, hispanics and jews this will be a difficult place for you.

Old 02-11-2013, 07:51 PM

12 posts, read 22,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by regal1 View Post
Thank You for the suggestion NowSoFlorida, but because of certain health issue's it was advised to me that South Florida would be the best place for me. I dont think you need to be so smug and tell me to go to Montana, have nothing against Montana, but your reply was just plain rude, and mean spirited. All I asked for was safe neighborhood within certain area's, where one can feel safe going to store's, shopping, and local park to walk dog, and not be in fear that I may be subjected to gands, criminals, and other deviates who are usually looking to break law. You know exactly what I mean, dont want to live in ghetto. Want to be able to be outside in the front yard talking to neighbors, and not worrying about a slow moving vehicle, filled with guys with Doo Rags on there heads, getting ready to commit a drive by shooting, or better yet looking for the house that sells drugs, or maybe looking for the house with a bunch of HO'S. Whores, or skanks selling their bodies.
I didn't think I was requesting a difficult task, by asking for personal opinions for neighborhoods that are obviously predominantly more white.
Thank You,BigSicily954, for being kind enough to ask what I mean by safe area.
Thank you for any and all info that you can provide, I want to move to South Florida, and spend my time in a Bikini 8 months out of the year, which is not feasable in MONTANA
Well which is it.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area