Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 04:24 AM

40 posts, read 82,735 times

Advertisements

Thank You to all for the info and input on neighborhoods to move to. I do really appreciate your time, upfront honesty, and your personal knowledge to these area's that I seek out for safety, and security. I know there is crime all over, and things have gotten out of control in regards to the i9ncreased amount of violent crimes.
Like I have stated, I am from NY, and it seems that there is nothing that can shock us, crime wise, we just about heard it all, but there is always something more shocking continually happening and just as outrageous when it comes to crimes and violence.
I happen to live in a middle upper class area in Long Island, NY, and the crime, and home invasions have increased significantly, and you cant run away and hide no matter where you move, but you can still try desperately to seek out a neighborhood as best and safe as possible, where the people are concerned, and interested in the area they live in, and want to take action as a community to push for more Police, and possible hiring private security to drive through the area's. What I am trying to bring out, is that if you live in a community with individuals that feel as compassionate, about your neighborhoods and neighbors safety, we can achieve certain goals. But , if you live in a area, that is just so so, and the people that live there dont care about there families, neighbors, and most of all their childrens safety, then you know that is not a desirable location you would want to live in.
I see I have my work cut out for me, in searching, but you all have made it so much easier for me, so I can zone in and focus on area's that you have suggested, and it seems the further North, such as Coral Springs, Coconut Creek and more area's North of there seem to have more concerned citizens, that are more interested in there surrounding environment, the safety, tranquility, and quality of life that we all have the right to seek out in life.
Once Again, Thank You All So Kindly, am most excited investigating the area's you suggest
Regal1.
PS: jgennaro, hello from snowy Long Island, NY, and was wondering if you miss the Island, or how have you adapted to the lifestyle of Florida living?

Old 03-01-2013, 02:52 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,183,271 times
It has been recommended to avoid Lake Worth. Also avoid Riviera Beach, unless it have improved in the last 10 years.

Old 03-01-2013, 02:57 PM

79 posts, read 185,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
It has been recommended to avoid Lake Worth. Also avoid Riviera Beach, unless it have improved in the last 10 years.
Go on You Tube and Look Up Lake Worth.. Ohhh Mannn you'll see

Old 03-01-2013, 04:18 PM

229 posts, read 533,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by regal1 View Post
Like I have stated, I am from NY, and it seems that there is nothing that can shock us, crime wise, we just about heard it all, but there is always something more shocking continually happening and just as outrageous when it comes to crimes and violence.
I happen to live in a middle upper class area in Long Island, NY, and the crime, and home invasions have increased significantly, and you cant run away and hide no matter where you move, but you can still try desperately to seek out a neighborhood as best and safe as possible, where the people are concerned, and interested in the area they live in, and want to take action as a community to push for more Police, and possible hiring private security to drive through the area's.
Let's be honest with ourselves. The majority of New York is not dangerous - in fact, the crime rates in New York City are below the U.S. average. What part of Long Island did you live in that has you so concerned? New York and New York City are not dangerous compared to most of the U.S., so if you guys are scared there I could only imagine if you lived in one of the rougher neighborhoods of New Orleans, St. Louis, Detroit, etc. It seems like people on this forum think that EVERYWHERE is dangerous.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:18 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
^^Long Island usually battles it out for #1 safest metro area in the United States. Look like they got beat out by Middlesex/Monmouth Conuty area in NJ last year, but I have never seen LI out of the bottom 10.

I can only think of 3 or 4 "bad" neighborhoods in Nassau County, and I definitely wouldn't put them against our worst. Hempstead is the only place I can think of that can compete with our bad neighborhoods, and it definitely wouldn't compare to the worst here. Then there are sections of Hicksville, Freeport, and maybe even Westbury that are iffy by Long Island standards, but I would only put these areas up against some sections of Coral Springs. Then you have quite a few areas that are only bad if you are afraid of black people.

If you are looking to get away from crime and minorities, South Florida is a pretty tough sell over Long Island. In general, you are going to find a lot more ethnic integration here and a higher proportion of bad neighborhoods, although good and "white" aren't really mutually exclusive here. You'll find neighborhoods that are 70+% white that are flat out sketchy and you'll find neighborhoods that are 50+% Hispanic that are among the most desirable in the area. This area can be a very good place to live but make sure you are coming for the right reasons.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:00 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,908,318 times
I can't wait until the racist generation dies off. I'm Hispanic and if I wanted to live in a predominatly Hispanic neighborhood I wouldn't feel the need to list all of these horrible things about white people.

Crime has nothing to do with race but it does with poverty and you will find tons of crime in the middle class white areas too. The only thing is its even sadder because you would think if someones family has been in the U.S for hundreds of years they would have already got their **** together.

Who is lining up at those pill clinics looking for oxycontin? On the news, its always white people in Boynton and Delray standing in line.

Actually, some of the nicest people in South Florida are Hispanic because they moved here to have good lives and better lives for their families. It's the Americans down here that came down to party or escape child support that make South Florida less pleasant.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
I can't wait until the racist generation dies off.
Quote:
Actually, some of the nicest people in South Florida are Hispanic because they moved here to have good lives and better lives for their families. It's the Americans down here that came down to party or escape child support that make South Florida less pleasant
Boy I can't wait for people that have one sided views to die off..

It does not make a difference on either if you are Spanish-Black-White-Gay or Straight.. You are going to have good and bad people from ANY race-Sexual Orientation ( I know you did not mention Sexual Orientation but but I had to put that in as well) I moved here at 23 years old to get outta Jersey and be closer to my family.. It was also even funnier when I had to transfer to Miami to do a year down there and they would speak English but when I walked in the room switch to Spanish to talk smack about me.. Well when I answered them in Sicilian and informed them I knew what they were saying they shut up.. But I don't hold the actions of a few against a culture of over a million

Quote:
Crime has nothing to do with race but it does with poverty
Yes and no I saw more drug dealing by rich white kids in the club I used to run in Delray because they watch too much T.V. and try to emulate what they see ...

Quote:
and you will find tons of crime in the middle class white areas too.
I come from a Middle Class Sicilian/Irish Family from Newark N.J. and well me and my friends never sold drugs or stole from anybody

Quote:
The only thing is its even sadder because you would think if someones family has been in the U.S for hundreds of years they would have already got their **** together.
That is the dumbest thing I ever heard of in my life, things happen in peoples lives in a blink of an eye for the better or for the very worst

Quote:
Who is lining up at those pill clinics looking for oxycontin? On the news, its always white people in Boynton and Delray standing in line.
And in Hollywood/Dania Beach/Miami its Spanish ( Who refuse to speak english they know it but refuse to speak it) and White People ( But most of those WHITE people are home from Iraq and Afghanistan)

Quote:
Actually, some of the nicest people in South Florida are Hispanic because they moved here to have good lives and better lives for their families. It's the Americans down here that came down to party or escape child support that make South Florida less pleasant.
I'm sorry My Sicilian grandparent's didn't ? when they moved here in '72 .. I hate to tell you after being in the Club business for 16 years most of your Drug Dealing Gangs are Hispanic You had Zulu Chapters 1 thru 18 and the Cholos.. Even the Davie Boys had mostly Hispanic Members..

Its not someones Heritage of Skin Color that makes them nice, its their personality an who they are that makes them good people..

Old 03-01-2013, 09:00 PM

374 posts, read 509,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseys Rants View Post
I moved to Hollywood Florida back in 1994 from New Jersey...

My grandparents moved to Hollywood in 1972 sooooo I've spent a lot of Summers down here and I'll tell ya ..

I can't wait to move back to Jersey or all the way west in to Davie or Plantation Florida..

My house was broken into twice, my moms house two doors down, my grandparents old duplex was an attempted break in she was home with the lights on !.. I got guys on video running past my security cameras after her dog chased them out...

And there is alotta trailer parks with alotta white trash in them that think they are hood rats and they are the worst..

I even stopped working in the Clubs and Bars here, I got sick and tired of dealing with the white trash drug dealers that watched too much T.V. and think that they are Omar from the show The Wire...

I even did a video segment on how Hollywood Florida really is nowadays..

Florida is not the Sun and Fun state everybody thinks it is the new does not report what really happens down here..
So according to you all of the thugs in S.Florida are white? I know this to be wrong. Not making excuses or being PC just the fact is most thugs are minoritiy down here,don't know about up north.

Ted Kennedy turned S.Fl. into little cuba in 1965. Before this and exodus started it was paradise and a very safe and beautiful place.Many movie stars and famous people lived here.Those big beautiful mansions on the canals are now owned by more 'questionable' famous people.

Have a nice trip back up north.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokesalad4u2 View Post
So according to you all of the thugs in S.Florida are white? I know this to be wrong. Not making excuses or being PC just the fact is most thugs are minoritiy down here,don't know about up north.

Ted Kennedy turned S.Fl. into little cuba in 1965. Before this and exodus started it was paradise and a very safe and beautiful place.Many movie stars and famous people lived here.Those big beautiful mansions on the canals are now owned by more 'questionable' famous people.

Have a nice trip back up north.

When did I say that ?

Lets see when I worked at The Button South and Zippers we were always throwing out The Zulus Chapters 6 an 7 ( The lil ones) and you had the Cholos and Latin Kings..

When I ran Orbit in Del Ray in 2000/2001 It was all rich white kids acting like lil wayne an those other rappers

Now more and more white kids from the Trailer Parks are emulating this I see it all the time, and experienced it have you ever been in Davie/Hollywood and Dania ? Boyton/Del Ray

White Thugs are becoming more and more since the past 10 years, that last bar I worked at in Davie was ridiculous ..

As a matter a fact I do have nice trips up North and maybe you should know what you speak of because you clearly do not..

Don't get me wrong, I do love the weather and So Fla does have its nice areas and I plan to either move to the beach or way out west past Flamingo.. But I have seen too much, Its my job to drive around and video tape whats what.. When I worked in South Beach there was a shooting almost every weekend but the news never reported it.. But some individuals get upset and say go ahead leave, all I am doing is speaking the truth..

Its easy not to go into the bad area's and just forget them, but now they are expanding into the nice areas and its the sad truth about it..

Last edited by Jerseys Rants; 03-01-2013 at 09:49 PM..

Old 03-01-2013, 09:25 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
OP: Boca Raton is mostly White and very safe!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area