Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 05:56 AM

28 posts, read 138,082 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Can someone tell me which areas at the Deerfield Beach are considered not to safe to live and have high crime rate? Which areas should be avoided if you are new in town?

I understand Dixie Highway corridor isn't considered to safe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 10:19 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,444,244 times
Deerfield's safest area is around Deer Creek and west of there.
Neighborhoods south of Hillsboro are iffy.
Don't go anywhere near Dixie.

Old 06-27-2012, 07:28 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,466,972 times
Deerfield is like the rest of Broward County. You either have to live east of US1 or way far west in order to be in a safe area. The areas in the east of US1 and on the beach are very upscale and safe. As you go west of US1 the neighborhoods suddenly become really ghetto.

Old 06-28-2012, 05:34 AM

Thank you all. So conclusion is that area inside Dixie Highway - E Hillboro Blvd - S Federal Highway (US1) streets should be avoided at any cost if I understood well.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:23 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,444,244 times
Yes: anything between Federal and Dixie's bad.

Old 07-01-2012, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
Yes: anything between Federal and Dixie's bad.
The "west of Federal" rule of thumb only applies to the areas south of Hillsboro Blvd. From Hillsboro Blvd north, the areas west of Federal are much better and in some instances nice. The areas immediately east and west of 95 on Hillboro Blvd are a mixture of industrial parks and low income apartments such as Tivoli Park. There is also a Tri-Rail station and DMV office just west of 95 that attracts lots of undesirables to the area. But once you get further west the neighborhoods north of Hillsboro are fairly decent.

South of Hillsboro Blvd, everything from Federal Hwy west all the way out to Florida's Turnpike is pretty much bad.

Last edited by Nolefan34; 07-01-2012 at 02:10 PM..

Old 07-02-2012, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan34 View Post
The "west of Federal" rule of thumb only applies to the areas south of Hillsboro Blvd. From Hillsboro Blvd north, the areas west of Federal are much better and in some instances nice. The areas immediately east and west of 95 on Hillboro Blvd are a mixture of industrial parks and low income apartments such as Tivoli Park. There is also a Tri-Rail station and DMV office just west of 95 that attracts lots of undesirables to the area. But once you get further west the neighborhoods north of Hillsboro are fairly decent.

South of Hillsboro Blvd, everything from Federal Hwy west all the way out to Florida's Turnpike is pretty much bad.
Hmm...

I will probably arrive on that Tri-Rail station on Pompano Beach. What should I do next then? Is there a some kind of a Taxi or something?

Old 07-02-2012, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internazionale View Post
Hmm...

I will probably arrive on that Tri-Rail station on Pompano Beach. What should I do next then? Is there a some kind of a Taxi or something?
You'll be fine. The Tri-Rail station there isn't really dangerous or anything. I just meant don't live near there. You can drive and park there each day. There are sketchy people around most Tri-Rail stops throughout South FL as they are usually built in the less desirable areas. Most of them are safe, just avoid the one in downtown Ft. Lauderdale and some parts of Miami. The Mangonia Park station in West Palm is also really bad.

Old 07-04-2012, 05:57 PM

380 posts, read 430,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan34 View Post
You'll be fine. The Tri-Rail station there isn't really dangerous or anything. I just meant don't live near there. You can drive and park there each day. There are sketchy people around most Tri-Rail stops throughout South FL as they are usually built in the less desirable areas. Most of them are safe, just avoid the one in downtown Ft. Lauderdale and some parts of Miami. The Mangonia Park station in West Palm is also really bad.
Isn't the area around the Tri-Rail station mostly industrial?

Nolefan34 you make an interesting point about Hillsboro. I always felt that driving Hillsboro towards the beach was less sketchier than Sample Road heading in the same direction. I've never felt that the areas of Deerfield west of I-95 to be particularly sketchy, but much of my time is spent in Century Village at my grandparents condo.

Old 07-06-2012, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willg View Post
Isn't the area around the Tri-Rail station mostly industrial?

Nolefan34 you make an interesting point about Hillsboro. I always felt that driving Hillsboro towards the beach was less sketchier than Sample Road heading in the same direction. I've never felt that the areas of Deerfield west of I-95 to be particularly sketchy, but much of my time is spent in Century Village at my grandparents condo.
You are correct about the area around the Tri Rail station being industrial. As I said before, there is also a DMV office and several government buildings near the Tri Rail too. I also agree that the Hillsboro Blvd stretch isn't really bad at any point whether you are east or west of 95. Sample Road is a lot worse because once you go west of US1 the area becomes very ghetto and low class. Sample Road is pretty bad from US1 all the way west to the Turnpike, and then it gets nicer again.

Deerfield sort of has a north/south divide in addition to an east-west divide. The north/south divide is Hillsboro Blvd. Anything from Hillsboro Blvd north is pretty decent. Anything from Hillsboro Blvd south gets really sketchy. This north/south divide only applies from US1 west.

Likewise, you have a east-west divide on US1. Things from US1 east are nice and from US1 west are bad, but only if we are talking south of Hillsboro Blvd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area