Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 11:22 AM

37 posts, read 82,067 times

Advertisements

won't be long

Pythons Swallow Whole Deer in Florida, $6 Million Tab - Bloomberg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

That's a pretty ignorant way of thinking.
Snakes are highly beneficial and fascinating.
You need to be educated about them.
I will keep my distance from them meanwhile.Those Florida snakes swallow alligators so I'm sure they don't mind swallowing people either.

Old 05-01-2015, 04:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,225 times
How offten you see sneeks in sunrise Fort Lauderdale plantation Please bc i just moved here i have to know

Old 05-01-2015, 05:30 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,772,727 times
I've lived here almost 7 years and haven't seen one snake. I have seen maybe 3 large iguanas. I've seen frogs too. A snake will not bite you for no reason, they are afraid of people.

Old 05-02-2015, 08:16 AM

1,642 posts, read 1,647,463 times
I live in a neighborhood of East Fort Lauderdale steps to the largest marina in USA, few traffic lights to the beach and downtown and in 20 years I have seen only a couple of garden snakes in my big fenced yard. So WonderfulReverend don't worry about sissy snakes and come to live in Fort Lauderdale if that's your goal.

Old 05-02-2015, 08:59 AM

9 posts, read 9,793 times
Living in the 'burbs of Fort Lauderdale all I ever see are garden snakes. I can count the instances on one hand in my years growing up down here.

Old 02-08-2023, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
I've lived here almost 7 years and haven't seen one snake. I have seen maybe 3 large iguanas. I've seen frogs too. A snake will not bite you for no reason, they are afraid of people.
I guess you have never heard of a Black Mamba. Just seeing you will make it angry. If there are 15 of you it will kill all of you. It’s very aggressive, highly venomous and exceptionally fast. When I hear people say a snake will not attack you for no reason I just know these people don’t know some of these snakes.

Old 02-09-2023, 08:24 AM

17,326 posts, read 22,081,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderfulReverend View Post
I guess you have never heard of a Black Mamba. Just seeing you will make it angry. If there are 15 of you it will kill all of you. It’s very aggressive, highly venomous and exceptionally fast. When I hear people say a snake will not attack you for no reason I just know these people don’t know some of these snakes.

If you aren't in Africa or an exotic snake zoo you will never see a black mamba......

You have a higher chance of getting hit by lightning on a sunny day!

Old 02-09-2023, 12:41 PM

16 posts, read 55,312 times
On the eastern side of Fort Lauderdale you'll find very few poisonous snakes. Mostly black racers. Moccasins live in or near fresh bodies of water. They's aggressive, nasty and poisonous. Keep an eye out when near bodies of water.

Fwiw I've lived in Broward for 26 years (grew up here, then moved back eight years ago) and I've never noticed a poisonous snake in these parts. I've mainly lived relatively close to the beach, though.

Old 02-19-2023, 05:04 PM

835 posts, read 478,554 times
I’ve lived in Broward for 25 years and have only ever seen small, non-venomous snakes on the golf course when I’m golfing. Keep in mind that I live closer to the coast than to E.G. Weston which is attached to the Everglades, where the ground zero of the Burmese Python invasive range is located.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area