Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 09:19 PM

2 posts, read 4,520 times

Advertisements

Pulled over by Fla hwy trooper for speeding.I was told I had a suspended licence(tallahassee) for not having insurance(I did from day one).I showed trooper proof of insurance.It did not matter,Took my drivers licence and tag off of my vehicle.I was towed 200 miles home for a cost of almost $600(a deal).On top of that I got another ticket for a suspended licence.Next day I went to the motor vehicle licence burough,got my new tag and plate with proof of insurance(extra cost).Was this my fault.NO! It was either Tallahasee or the insurance company.I went from one insurance Co to another.The first Co says that I dropped my insurance(Tallahassee).Of course I did, I went with another Co(I told them).I was insured 100% from day one.I was driving for 5 months on a suspended licence and nobody notified me? Why take my tag? I had someone that could have at least driven my vehicle.I got this off my chest and feel better.System sucks.Anybody else have a similar experence? Wish I could sue?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2013, 01:47 PM

411 posts, read 831,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by americanart View Post
Pulled over by Fla hwy trooper for speeding.I was told I had a suspended licence(tallahassee) for not having insurance(I did from day one).I showed trooper proof of insurance.It did not matter,Took my drivers licence and tag off of my vehicle.I was towed 200 miles home for a cost of almost $600(a deal).On top of that I got another ticket for a suspended licence.Next day I went to the motor vehicle licence burough,got my new tag and plate with proof of insurance(extra cost).Was this my fault.NO! It was either Tallahasee or the insurance company.I went from one insurance Co to another.The first Co says that I dropped my insurance(Tallahassee).Of course I did, I went with another Co(I told them).I was insured 100% from day one.I was driving for 5 months on a suspended licence and nobody notified me? Why take my tag? I had someone that could have at least driven my vehicle.I got this off my chest and feel better.System sucks.Anybody else have a similar experence? Wish I could sue?
What a horrible ordeal!

The Florida Highway Trooper should be fired and should be forced to financially compensate you for your pain and suffering along with the state of Florida. Your story makes it very clear that the state of Florida is not interested in making sure people have insurance, they only want people to know they are in charge.

Old 10-08-2013, 05:46 PM

2 posts, read 4,520 times
Thanks for the reply.I agree.There is more to this story.I wrote the judge and explained my problem.The ticket for having a suspended licence was thrown out($166) after proving I was inocent.Not the speeding ticket.There is more to my sob story.I was heading to Atlanta with a load of merchandise.I was susposed to do a a 4 day trade show.I also had to cancel the show plus 5 nights at a hotel.There is no telling how much money I lost by not doing the show? Got this off my chest and I feel a little better.Thanks for listening.

Old 03-08-2017, 12:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,455 times
Sounds similar to my story. There's something I've come to realize, the state of Florida especially, as well as insurance companies only want ONE thing, MONEY!! It's just a damn game, and we're FORCED to play along with them.
It pisses me off because my tag was seized, so I don't know if I'm going to have to buy a whole new tag, $100+. Or just pay a small fee for a new one (yeah right). I can't find info on this ANYWHERE, does anyone know?

Old 04-04-2017, 01:18 PM

2 posts, read 2,705 times
you people are insane. you act as if people just choose to not have insurance. if you only live a day in the lives of many of those you would change your perspective completely. when it come to feeding your family or having car insurance that serves you no purpose only those that you may wreck with its a pretty easy decision. and that comment about 4 5 months of insurance notices. try 1 week after it is sent. they send notice your license is suspended and then your tag is no good. now to get your license back costs you more than a grand. this is the people that couldnt afford a measly insurance payment and you think they should be targeting them more than they already do. look in the mirror. stare into your eyes. imagine you are the victim here. yes the victim. people are suffering. unable to work. unable you provide. unable to help society all because they didnt have insurance. how can you possibly compare this to a dui. you should have a mental exam for that statement and probably shouldnt be on the road. truth is people without insurance drive so much safer if probably prevents many accidents. people i see driving like maniacs putting everyone around them in danger have insurance but no insurance can cover the lives of people and children hurt by there carelessness due to the fact they are in such a hurry. i swear this country claims to have good people but i find it extremely hard to find people that actually care about there neighbor.

Old 04-04-2017, 01:22 PM

2 posts, read 2,705 times
it should be a felony for being ignorant and assuming that everyone has the same options as you.

Old 04-05-2017, 09:39 AM

17,298 posts, read 22,023,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregorysbell88 View Post
you people are insane. you act as if people just choose to not have insurance. if you only live a day in the lives of many of those you would change your perspective completely. when it come to feeding your family or having car insurance that serves you no purpose only those that you may wreck with its a pretty easy decision. and that comment about 4 5 months of insurance notices. try 1 week after it is sent. they send notice your license is suspended and then your tag is no good. now to get your license back costs you more than a grand. this is the people that couldnt afford a measly insurance payment and you think they should be targeting them more than they already do. look in the mirror. stare into your eyes. imagine you are the victim here. yes the victim. people are suffering. unable to work. unable you provide. unable to help society all because they didnt have insurance. how can you possibly compare this to a dui. you should have a mental exam for that statement and probably shouldnt be on the road. truth is people without insurance drive so much safer if probably prevents many accidents. people i see driving like maniacs putting everyone around them in danger have insurance but no insurance can cover the lives of people and children hurt by there carelessness due to the fact they are in such a hurry. i swear this country claims to have good people but i find it extremely hard to find people that actually care about there neighbor.
6 yr old thread Greg!

Absolutely no problem if you don't have insurance and need to feed your family.......JUST DON'T DRIVE YOUR CAR! Take the bus, get a tan waiting for the bus, make less traffic for the rest of the people on the road!

Old 04-05-2017, 09:57 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,447,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
6 yr old thread Greg!

Absolutely no problem if you don't have insurance and need to feed your family.......JUST DON'T DRIVE YOUR CAR! Take the bus, get a tan waiting for the bus, make less traffic for the rest of the people on the road!
Nothing wrong with bringing that one back around - too many A-holes driving around with no insurance.
Clueless and selfish...

Old 09-11-2023, 12:03 PM

2 posts, read 736 times
Default Wtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboUSMC17 View Post
With all these cutbacks I don't think this is financially possible.
They aren't supposed to act this way. I suggest y'all start studying your founding documents. Not only is this action highly unconstitutional... but these cops already violate your rights every single day and these ppl like this encourage it. I'm blown away at this thought process. They sure have taught y'all to be good little corporate sl@ves haven't they. Ask yourself where you're have gone and why you're so happy to allow your freedoms to be stomped on by corporate policy enforcement revenue collection agencies. Shame on you who believe this is the way we are supposed to live.

Last edited by Patriotbloodedgirl; 09-11-2023 at 12:13 PM..

Old 09-11-2023, 12:12 PM

2 posts, read 736 times
What these low iq people fail to understand is that we are not beholden to the will of others. We The People are the sovereign power of united states of America. This has already been decided in multiple Supreme Court cases. Not only that but we do not have to have driver's licenses or forced insurances. They truly need to revisit our founding documents. The declaration of independence tells you why Government was created and what their purpose is. The preamble states clearly we hold these truths to be self evident. That all men are created equal. They are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights. [Research the word unalienable] to secure these rights governments are instituted among men deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. They work for us and we consent by not objecting to their overreach. We have a duty to remove tyrannical government from power. I recommend everyone start reading judge Napolitano books and get acquainted with the founding documents bc you won't know how to act in the new world that is coming. We the People are done being walked all over. And those of you who don't mind it well we will fight for you until you wake tf up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area