Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2011, 03:14 PM

22 posts, read 33,436 times

Advertisements

I have lived & worked in NYC all my life before giving Florida a taste. I, along with my 2 children, found The Sunny State to be a big breath of fresh air for the 2 short years we've spent there. Now back to the stressful demands of NY & all of the drama it comes with, I'm trying my best to find my way back to Florida along with my children. Too shorten this, I have 11 yrs of hospitality experience & I just got my CNA license a number of months back. I want to move to Pembroke Pines, Florida & start my life from there. Though I've called the hotels for employment over there, I cannot seem to find any doors opening up or anyone there with some useful information. Would someone, please, be kind enough to help me, if anything regarding jobs in the Pembroke Pine area of Florida? Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 10:23 AM

328 posts, read 1,398,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifa View Post
I have lived & worked in NYC all my life before giving Florida a taste. I, along with my 2 children, found The Sunny State to be a big breath of fresh air for the 2 short years we've spent there. Now back to the stressful demands of NY & all of the drama it comes with, I'm trying my best to find my way back to Florida along with my children. Too shorten this, I have 11 yrs of hospitality experience & I just got my CNA license a number of months back. I want to move to Pembroke Pines, Florida & start my life from there. Though I've called the hotels for employment over there, I cannot seem to find any doors opening up or anyone there with some useful information. Would someone, please, be kind enough to help me, if anything regarding jobs in the Pembroke Pine area of Florida? Thank you.
The main touristy areas (with the most hotels/largest hotels) are near the ocean in Fort Lauderdale and Miami. That's the prime destination for a lot of the tourists, so it would make sense that it would have the most hotel jobs that would be good for you.

However, if you end up getting a job near the Ocean in Fort Lauderdale, you will have a heck of a commute to Pembroke Pines. Is there a reason you are dead set on living that far west in Broward County?

Honestly, the jobs are few and far between in South Florida right now. Although tourism is the main industry there, tourists are spending less money in this economy.

It would help if you could use a friend or family member's local address down there, to show that you are really serious about relocating back to South Florida.

Also a factor is the cost of relocation - I relocated myself recently from Fort Lauderdale to Chicago and it was several thousand dollars out of my own pocket. I'm sure with kids it will be even more expensive.

Good Luck!

Old 11-29-2011, 05:49 AM

Default Thank you.....

......for your response. The 2 years that my children and I did spend in Florida happened to be in the Broward County area. I understand the costs that goes with relocating with children but I'm sure if there is an employment door that is open, whether it's in the healthcare or the hospitality area, I can make it. Thank you again.

Old 11-29-2011, 02:29 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,809,840 times
Healthcare may be the way to go. I would start with the Broward Hospital District (Broward Health) and then perhaps other large employers check out SPherion (if they are still there) who provides private health care - that can be hard as a parent though, but there are a ton of private duty jobs for the aged. Good luck. I would not suggest SFL as an area to relocate because of cost of living, quality of life and employment opportunities (or lack thereof) - but -

Old 11-30-2011, 08:05 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,930,526 times
The job picture in Broward is not that great. However, tourism and healthcare are somewhat easier. Healthcare probably has more openings than other industries. Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital just opened up a new hospital in Hollywood. You could also try Holy Cross, Plantation General, the Broward General groups, Cleveland Clinic and Memorial Hospitals along with any of the private health care providers in Broward.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:31 AM

Thank you all for the info. I will do my homework with all that was provided. As I stated beforehand, my children & I did live there for 2 years. In those 2 years, they've received an excellent education in a system that proved that our children are the future. The air & environment was much cleaner. Their asthma was non-existant and their health was 100% better. My children was accepted in every single ethnic group & both received honors in each grade they were promoted to. I know each n every one of us wants the best for our own children. I cannot deny that I was happy as well, but with my experience in he hospitality industry n being a licensed CNA, I would work extremely hard for my children, who want to be future Dr's. Thank you.

Old 01-29-2012, 08:33 PM

11 posts, read 20,824 times
Can I ask what schools your children attended were they public and what grades I AM moving from Ohio and am trying to find out information about the high schools in broward Thanks

Old 01-30-2012, 05:15 AM

Default Broward School response......

Both of my children attended Central Park Elementary which is an A school. I stand behind that rating 100%. When my oldest graduated, she was accepted in Plantation Middle School but there was a program that was for top scholars in the school that she was accepted into as well. Since I was unable to snag a job, I had to return back NY. I will return to the Sunny State. Also, check out Seminole High School. I was told that was a good high school. These schools are all public schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area