Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2022, 12:35 AM

1 posts, read 760 times

Advertisements

[url]https://panjproducts.com/in-what-circumstance-would-a-property-insurance-claim-be-rejected/[/url]

Property insurance is a broad term that encompasses an insurance plan provided by an insurance company that offers either liability coverage or property protection.

The Top 10 Reasons For Denied Claims

When an owner or renter obtains insurance for his or her assets from an insurance company, financial compensation is provided for the owner or renter in the event of damage. Also, any third party injured on the property as a result may be qualified for financial compensation as well, depending on the insurance company’s policy.

An insurance claim is a formal request by the policyholder to an insurance company for coverage or indemnification for a covered loss if a condition meets the stipulations. After extensive investigations have been carried out, the insurance company may validate or invalidate the claim. If the latter is the case, the insurance company compensates the customer or an approved third party on behalf of the said customer.

What Should I Do If My Claim Is Denied?

By now, you should have a good understanding of what a claim is and what insurance is. Click here to read more on these. There are numerous stories about insurance companies turning people away when they file insurance claims. Here are the top reasons why asset insurance claims are rejected:

This will enable you to prove your case. If there is a default in this regard, your claim may be rejected. Coping with the challenge of damage and a rejected insurance claim can become exasperating. A study of the above reasons for rejection of claims will enlighten you and help you avoid rejection of your insurance policy claim.

Last edited by Reeceporter; 12-24-2022 at 01:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2022, 08:46 AM

6,340 posts, read 4,892,353 times
The link posted isn't live.

Here it is:

https://panjproducts.com/in-what-cir...m-be-rejected/

I'm a retired property insurance adjuster and I agree with all the precautions suggested in the article.

Old 12-30-2022, 08:21 AM

2,086 posts, read 4,129,693 times
Interesting that I had a recent auto claim where a neighboring tree (city owned) fell behind my car but did do approx $7000 in damage. I was never asked for any proof the loss actually happened and as far as I know no one ever came out to look. I just took it to their preferred auto shop and it was fixed.

Being an insurance guy (commercial, not personal lines), I sent in pictures of the damage, the downed tree in relation to the car, and then pictures of the city removing the tree just in case but I thought it very strange I was not asked for any of this. I know insurance companies are automating many processes and/or weighing the cost/benefits of just paying claims but really, that seemed a bit much to not actually investigate. Maybe someone did stop by and see everything without me knowing?

In any event, it was pretty clear the in-house "adjuster" was not an adjuster at all but a call center employee. After the first call when I reported it, I never heard from him again.

My point being, don't rely on the insurance company to document your claim, you do it and be thorough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs