Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 07:08 AM

7,696 posts, read 8,791,072 times

Advertisements

Assuming she does not drop out of the race and remains alive, what could make you change your mind and not supporting her? In particular, what would she do, or would have been found to have done in the past, that could make you think she should not be POTUS?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2016, 07:14 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,990,106 times
My husband, an admitted Democrat no matter what, told me last night he would vote for Hillary even if it is proven she comingled SOS with Clinton Foundation or even if it is determined she blackmailed FBI and DOJ into not pressing charges. However, he said if she is found to be DIRECTLY involved in murder he would have to consider not voting. So odd.

Old 08-11-2016, 07:16 AM

13,658 posts, read 10,058,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
Assuming she does not drop out of the race and remains alive, what could make you change your mind and not supporting her? In particular, what would she do, or would have been found to have done in the past, that could make you think she should not be POTUS?
Hmm, if she stood on Fifth Ave and started shooting people that would be a disqualifier.

Old 08-11-2016, 07:19 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,158,426 times
Quote:
You do not seem to understand the dynamics of this election. People don't like Hillary, but they are scared spitless of Donald Trump.

I would vote for a chimp if it meant keeping that orange maniac out of the White House.

Old 08-11-2016, 07:22 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,753,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Hmm, if she stood on Fifth Ave and started shooting people that would be a disqualifier.
Hmmm, how about sitting in the situation room, while Americans are being attacked and killed, with the full force of the US military at your disposal, and just letting them be killed anyway?

Dems and Clingon supporters are totally brainwashed. Beyond any hope.

CN

Old 08-11-2016, 07:24 AM

16,375 posts, read 10,537,003 times
In all honesty if the GOP had presented me with an option other than a candidate totally unfit for the job in so many ways I would have strongly considered him. You have nobody to blame but yourselves for handing the election to Hillary because you nominated this wack job.

Old 08-11-2016, 07:37 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,822,301 times
Quote:
I was a registered Republican until it became obvious that Trump was going to be the parties nominee. I have since switched to the Democratic party as have many moderate Republicans. I am not a fan of Hillary Clinton, but given my choices in this election what choice do I have but to support Clinton?

Had the Republican party nominated an actual candidate...Rubio?...Kasich?...Bush?...I could have supported them over Clinton. If Hillary Clinton becomes POTUS it is because the Republican party failed to place a real candidate on their ticket to run in opposition.

The Republican party laid out a plan to move more to center. They wanted to largely ditch the social conservative plank and move away from appealing to the shrieking, delusional base of the party. Trump swooped in and gave that base what they wanted and took the nomination. In the process the parties plan to move into the 21st century and actually be able to compete in a national election was destroyed.

I honestly feel that Trump's candidacy will go down in flames and he will take a large chunk of Republicans with him. Clinton, no matter what she's done or accused of doing, at least represents stability and continuity. I truly fear what a Trump presidency would look like and the damage it would do to our nation at home and abroad. When the dust settles, I think it is well within reason to see a true split in the Republican party and the rise of a third party. Whether that third party will be the moderate conservative wing of the Republicans or the ultra conservative wing of the party remains to be seen.

Last edited by NJGOAT; 08-11-2016 at 08:09 AM..

Old 08-11-2016, 07:40 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,619,143 times
If there was a sane RNC canidate I would vote for them. But as long as Trump is the canidate I would vote foe her no matter what.

Old 08-11-2016, 07:40 AM

39,166 posts, read 51,463,345 times
Nothing. Trump is not an option and I am not going to help him indirectly by voting a third party candidate.

Old 08-11-2016, 07:52 AM
JRR

8,236 posts, read 5,736,889 times
I'm not exactly sure what it would be, but it would have to be really, really bad. I don't hate Donald Trump; I just very much believe that he is not the right person to be President of the United States. And while I would have much rather have Kasich or Bush or maybe even Rubio as an alternative choice to Clinton, the reality is that I don't. The Republicans allowed their party to get taken for a ride by Trump and now they may wind up paying the price in the general election.

Clinton/Kaine 2016!
(At least she isn't Donald Trump)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections