Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2023, 01:05 PM

5,907 posts, read 6,995,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl67 View Post
I absolutely love ramen, and I try different ones when I see them.
I do like ramen and the similar soups, but don't like that they have almost all of the RDA for salt/sodium. Are there any that have lower salt, but still taste good?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2023, 01:47 PM

17,446 posts, read 16,626,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
I do like ramen and the similar soups, but don't like that they have almost all of the RDA for salt/sodium. Are there any that have lower salt, but still taste good?
There are some simple recipes for ramen seasoning that you can make yourself using low sodium chicken bullion.

Old 12-09-2023, 05:35 PM

6,175 posts, read 4,558,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I’m not the best judge, since I don’t know what Asian food is supposed to taste like.
It doesn't matter - if you like them, you like them. For some reason (maybe the high price tag) I was expecting more.

Old 12-09-2023, 06:35 PM

12,793 posts, read 15,044,774 times
I really like this one the most so far, but spicy seafood seems to be the only flavor they have:

Nongshim Neoguri Spicy Seafood Ramen Noodles: https://products.nongshimusa.com/product.php?no=5

The thing is, there's tons of different types of noodles when you go to the Asian grocery stores, but unless you can read the writing or save the packaging (label), it could be tough to get the same thing again if you like it.

Old 12-10-2023, 09:30 AM

6,147 posts, read 2,763,300 times
I love the Nong Shim Soup Bowls. I also like the maruchan roast chicken cups. I tried Nissin curry noodles before not a fan lol it stunk up my place for a whole day. It was very strong but kudos to those who like it. I am a big ramen fan have even tried the fire noodles once or twice pretty good as long as u don't use the whole spice packet.

My Favorite
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nong-Shim...6?from=/search

Old 12-11-2023, 07:19 AM

2,004 posts, read 983,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
Red hot pickled crab apples! Please!!!!

I've never even heard of those! I looked them up but all I found were recipes.

Old 12-12-2023, 06:14 AM

24,724 posts, read 11,055,349 times
Quote:
I've never even heard of those! I looked them up but all I found were recipes.
You sometimes find them in small grocery stores in The South. To die for with grilled meat or ice cream.

Old 12-12-2023, 07:26 AM

2,004 posts, read 983,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
You sometimes find them in small grocery stores in The South. To die for with grilled meat or ice cream.

I found these online but I can't vouch for the vendors. It appears they're out of stock, although both places will email you when they're back, apparently October 2024. I wish I'd known this was a thing, I'd have looked for them earlier. We have several peach packing plants nearby that also specialize in other gourmet fruits. I'll check it out.

https://farmtocurb.com/products/pickled-crab-apples

https://www.zingermans.com/Product/s...b-apples/P-APL

Old 12-13-2023, 04:37 AM

4,233 posts, read 3,777,435 times
I prefer the Maruchan brand Ramen.

Old 12-13-2023, 05:24 AM

4,913 posts, read 3,335,194 times
Quote:
I absolutely love ramen, and I try different ones when I see them. So far my favorite by far is Nissin Cup Noodle Curry. I've even ordered a case off Amazon that I am working on, because that flavor is sometimes sold out in the store. I still laugh every time I look at the directions. "Go for it! Cook it! Hang On! Slurp away! Stir and enjoy!"

After tasting this one (it's Japanese Curry, not Indian Curry, so tasty but not spicy), I looked up some of Nissin's other flavors and each one has a different noodle -- one that is thinner or thicker depending on the soup and its ingredients. So now I have a goal to try all of them.

What's your favorite instant noodle?

I don't want anything in my noodles but the beef or chicken flavor package. I'll buy Maruchan or Top Ramen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink