Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2021, 01:38 AM

3,068 posts, read 1,680,168 times

Advertisements

After T-day, I'm pretty much done with turkey. I prefer the ham. After the third day, I'm ready for something else. But I can eat mashed potatoes and candied yams longer than I can the meat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2021, 03:22 AM

20,640 posts, read 4,415,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BijouBaby View Post
I'm sick of the whole thing the second I put down my fork.

I'm not a fan of traditional Thanksgiving dishes. I'd rather have a plate of sushi.

I'm sick of it before Thanksgiving.

The only reason I eat any turkey is because I found a way to cook it without choking it down.

I'd rather have Stone Soup over turkey any day.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_Soup

Old 11-28-2021, 05:17 AM

50,351 posts, read 63,939,201 times
We have a few lunches left....either cold sandwiches or hot turkey sandwiches, so after today is it. We’ll finish off the vegetables with a steak tonight.

Old 11-28-2021, 06:41 AM

12,767 posts, read 14,970,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
OK, so it's the morning of the 2nd day after TG meaning I just ate leftovers 1x since TG dinner & I'm already about ready to eat something different. I'll eat some today too though.

That's how I usually am...just about 2 days after TG & I'm ready for something else. Bring on the pizza or Chinese food, ha!

Well, we had exactly enough food to last for 2 days after, which was perfect because I'm ready for different food anyway (today's Sun morning )!

I eat turkey year-round anyway, so a good turkey sandwich & ground turkey tacos are eaten quite often. And I can make my homemade macaroni salad whenever so no big deal there either. Stuffing & cranberry sauce are the only two TG foods I eat at TG time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BijouBaby View Post
I'm sick of the whole thing the second I put down my fork.

I'm not a fan of traditional Thanksgiving dishes. I'd rather have a plate of sushi.

Ha, we actually had a little sushi as well at our TG table for all to enjoy! (We only eat the non-raw type, BTW.)

But, we don't always stick w/ "traditional TG foods" every single year. We can have Chinese food & still be just as happy.

Old 11-28-2021, 09:04 AM

12,038 posts, read 8,408,910 times
We don't get tired of them either. Most of them are one-time-a-year foods that we look forward to so they're a special treat. And turkey is versatile so what we want to keep may go directly into the freezer if we don't want any more right now.

There's this Bachelor Son who is an eating machine and Chef Daughter who will take anything left over, including the bones, for some creative enterprise. Any other guests are also welcome to take home a package.

My mom used to make a ham and a turkey and then after Thanksgiving have guests for croque monsieur That was so much fun and a very tasty way to use the leftovers.

Old 11-28-2021, 09:11 AM

215 posts, read 144,311 times
I eat the leftovers until they are gone , usually eaten within 3 - 4 days , I will be having Chicken Ala King for lunch , I made a roast chicken for myself this year , I also had a big smoked turkey leg a few day before Thanksgiving.

I plan to make tacos next

Old 11-28-2021, 09:16 AM

130,128 posts, read 12,082,762 times
We had no leftovers this year, went to a friends, & declined her offer of taking home a plate. In past years where we have cooked, we just eat them till they are gone, Important to not cook too much, if it is just the two of us, I will only cook a breast, so it will feed us for a couple of days. I liek cold turkey, so it is not a problem.

Old 11-28-2021, 09:52 AM

3,971 posts, read 4,037,459 times
By the third day I probably want a change.

Old 11-28-2021, 10:03 AM

11,442 posts, read 5,973,383 times
I am good for weeks. I never get sick of Thanksgiving leftovers. I miss them as soon as they are gone.

Old 11-28-2021, 10:30 AM

6,821 posts, read 10,515,063 times
We usually don't really have any. We haven't bought a full turkey in years, just a turkey breast, and most of it is gone in the one meal and if not it is finished up in one more. Sometimes we end up with some extra in sides but we usually get everyone to take a plate home with them and then we'll save enough for maybe one or two more servings for ourselves and just discard the rest if there is still any - usually not much because we try to make portions to mostly be used up in the meal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink