Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2024, 10:16 PM

35 posts, read 43,539 times

Advertisements

Many mobile home parks have closed down and sold out in Florida because of poor water or sewer systems. The health department finds they don't comply to newer federal environmental rules and they have to be shut down. Be careful what you wish for because then your mobile home becomes practically worthless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2024, 08:00 AM

801 posts, read 451,545 times
The community itself is indeed responsible for the water mains.
They fix them willy nilly, instead of attacking the problem proactively.

Being a multi-billion dollar company, they certainly have the money to do whatever they need to do.
But some of the long time residents say that their plan is to sell it rather than fix the problem themselves.

I'm not sure what that would mean for those of us who own land and homes within the community.

As mentioned in my post above, there were five breaks within 34 days

Old 03-11-2024, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdfl View Post
Many mobile home parks have closed down and sold out in Florida because of poor water or sewer systems. The health department finds they don't comply to newer federal environmental rules and they have to be shut down. Be careful what you wish for because then your mobile home becomes practically worthless.
So they shut it down without any compensation to those who own property and land within it?
That seems wrong.

Old 03-11-2024, 08:27 AM

45,323 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingvanmorrison View Post
So they shut it down without any compensation to those who own property and land within it?
That seems wrong.
Condemnation for unhabitable conditions.

Old 04-05-2024, 05:55 PM

But if you own the land in the community, as some do, wouldn't the owner - or various owners - be able to create a septic tank and dig a well if possible to make it habitable? Or put a water tank for shower and washing dishes and buy bottled water? Something along those lines?

Old 04-05-2024, 06:02 PM

Quote:
But if you own the land in the community, as some do, wouldn't the owner - or various owners - be able to create a septic tank and dig a well if possible to make it habitable? Or put a water tank for shower and washing dishes and buy bottled water? Something along those lines?
Only if, and it would still be doubtful, a septic system large enough to handle the septage could be built, if the subject area for a septic site is usable for it, if the development can get withdrawal permits for a well, if an aquifer is available, if the local and state regulatory agencies allow it.

I'm tired and those are just a few of the hindrances I could think of quickly.

Old 04-05-2024, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Only if, and it would still be doubtful, a septic system large enough to handle the septage could be built, if the subject area for a septic site is usable for it, if the development can get withdrawal permits for a well, if an aquifer is available, if the local and state regulatory agencies allow it.

I'm tired and those are just a few of the hindrances I could think of quickly.
Thanks for your input.
I am thinking in terms of, say, any other home in the country-side (not city) where a home owner provides his own septic tank and well for water... I'm sure there are many such homes in Central Florida. (Well, I am pretty sure!)

Old 04-05-2024, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Thanks for your input.
I am thinking in terms of, say, any other home in the country-side (not city) where a home owner provides his own septic tank and well for water... I'm sure there are many such homes in Central Florida. (Well, I am pretty sure!)
That's a different situation than what you have and those people have to also adhere to various laws, rules and regulations in regards to septic and wells.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: