Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2023, 03:01 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,417,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmbizzle View Post
So they can vote in the primary.
Yup. I'm still tempted to affiliate with Republican so I can vote in the Republican primary. I'd pick Chris Cristie, just as a happy middle finger to the party. And then switch back to "unaffiliated" and vote for whoever wins the Democrat ticket.

I imagine there are many of us who are unaffiliated, who will affiliate JUST to vote in one of the primaries, and then switch back again.

The only reason I haven't done it yet is because I did it for 2016 and was SO sick of all that horrible junk mail from the GOP spewing their derogatory comments against anyone who wasn't a Republican. I was getting multiple oversized 4-color "post cards" every day for a few months, often from the same candidate. Your campaign donations at work. If I had been a real actual Republican I probably would've voted for the Libertarian or Green Party or whatever else, JUST because of those horrible mailbox-stuffers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2023, 10:34 PM

423 posts, read 283,198 times
We need a little more variety here in Florida like Liberals, Green Party and the others
We most likely have them, but they are never mentioned, nor do they get to participate in the debates.

Old 11-27-2023, 04:14 AM

25,751 posts, read 12,832,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetiredone View Post
We need a little more variety here in Florida like Liberals, Green Party and the others
We most likely have them, but they are never mentioned, nor do they get to participate in the debates.
They got so embarassed by Andrew Gillum being busted drunk with an overdosed Male prostitute in a hotel room, that they've clammed up

Then, in the next Gov election, the flip flopping Charlie Crist got blown out by Governor DeSantis.

The Democrat party has been ever since the state turned Red, & Southeast Florida turned Purple.

I come across them on the politics & other controversies forum, so you might try there, but they are not they are

Old 11-27-2023, 06:47 PM

17,641 posts, read 6,918,695 times
Great news! I'm cautiously optimistic that we can take out Lois Frankel and/or Jared Moskowitz in South Florida with Trump or DeSantis at the top of the ticket in 2024. Frankel is a fossil who only cares about abortion and has no accomplishments. Moskowitz barely won in 2022 and his district is only D +5.

Old 11-28-2023, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetiredone View Post
First - "liberal" isn't a political party in Florida, it's just an adjective, like conservative and moderate.

There are a lot of liberals in Florida who aren't affiliated with any party at all. There are also many moderate Democrats. I'd personally like to see more moderates in all parties and in the unaffiliated segment of the voting population. I'm tired of the whole "owning the libs" and "alt-right" name calling crap. We need to come together and that won't happen as long as there are extremists in either direction.

Old 11-29-2023, 10:17 AM

423 posts, read 283,198 times
I think all parties should be given a chance to speak their minds even though it's a two-party system. Unfortunately, the other parties can't raise enough money to be able to enter the race.

Old 11-29-2023, 11:51 AM

637 posts, read 407,788 times
Keep in mind there is a huge propaganda machine that pumps tons of money into keeping the country divided - It's big business actually. The reason for this is while the peons (us) are too busy squabbling amongst ourselves they are robbing us blind!

If people weren't too busy hating one another, we'd put that effort into exposing their corrupt behavior - No politician should leave office a multimillion if they weren't already elected as one...this is called trading on insider information at the highest level!

At the end of this is all by design. If you don't hate a fellow American over political party affiliation, congrats, the propaganda machine isn't working on you...again just keep in mind however, you're in the minority unfortunately. Divide and conquer at its finest.

Last edited by silverct9a; 11-29-2023 at 12:38 PM..

Old 11-29-2023, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverct9a View Post
Keep in mind there is a huge propaganda machine that pumps tons of money into keeping the country divided - It's big business actually. The reason for this is while the peons (us) are too busy squabbling amongst ourselves they are robbing us blind!

If people weren't too busy hating one another, we'd put that effort into exposing their corrupt behavior - No politician should leave office a multimillion if they weren't already elected as one...this is called trading on insider information at the highest level!

At the end of this is all by design. If you don't hate a fellow American over political party affiliation, congrats, the propaganda machine isn't working on you...again just keep in mind however, you're in the minority unfortunately. Divide and conquer at its finest.
There are extremists who don't claim any political party. You don't have to be a Republican to deny science, or insist that the 2020 election was stolen, or that the insurrection was just a bunch of peaceful tourists, or that books should be banned in school if the books refer to someone's two fathers. And you don't have to be a Democrat to insist that global warming must be stopped, AND humans are the only cause, AND that we must eliminate ALL fossil fuels immediately. You don't have to be a Democrat to demand universal income, or elimination of fast foods from the planet. And being anti-choice is not just a Republican thing, there are Democrats who are against a woman's right to choose. Not many - but they exist.

I hate the parties themselves. They turn their people ugly with their agendas. I'd like to see no political parties at all, and no more electoral college. One person, one vote, nationwide, and anyone who can afford the fees required to get on the ballot can get on the ballot. A federal government-funded fund that gets split between all candidates for advertising their positions, and they're not allowed to use their own money to boost that fund. And equal air-time for all candidates as Public Service Announcements on all media, network and cable. If Newsmax gives a 30 second spot to someone during the 8-10pm prime time, then they have to give a similar-timed 30-second spot to all of them. And so on.

Old 12-06-2023, 03:25 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,832,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
this is the first time in history Florida has been republican....Florida has always been dominated democrat
Since 1952 (probably the voting lifetime of almost all living voters), FL has gone Red 13 times & D 5.
It looked like it was going Blue during Obama's terms, but has jerked back the other way.

Old 12-06-2023, 03:26 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,832,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
I switched from unaffiliated in the 2020 election to Republican just so I could vote in the primary. I switched back to unaffiliated after the primary.

I'll probably do it again this year. I'm thinking I'll toss Chris Cristie a bone this time around. But that's only because Mussolini isn't on the ballot.
They need to open their Primaries. If they do, being Unaffiliated is the way to go for everybody, since you can vote in whichever primary you want, each election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida