Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2023, 04:35 PM

18,431 posts, read 8,264,501 times

Advertisements

25 of 67 Counties have flipped from Dem to Republican.

61 or 67 counties saw REPUBLICAN GAINS in October!

In Palm Beach, Rs cut into their deficit vs. Ds by 20,031 or 1.36% in JUST OCTOBER!

Putnam County increased their Republican Advantage by 6.04% in JUST OCTOBER!

In October, Republicans had 5,153,695 registered voters compared to the Democrats’ 4,473,665 total.

Republicans lost 29,383 voters and Democrats lost 82,895 registered voters from September to October.

https://flvoicenews.com/republican-v...october-alone/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2023, 05:09 PM

17,148 posts, read 15,357,409 times
Cue the incoming “reasons.”

Old 11-21-2023, 05:33 PM

25,711 posts, read 12,786,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
Cue the incoming “reasons.”
I prefer the facts that have been presented

Care to dispute them?

Old 11-21-2023, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I prefer the facts that have been presented

Care to dispute them?
Me? No, not at all. I was more implying that this thread is soon to be inevitably filled with “because” and all sorts of mind-bending and explaining.

I don’t have much of an opinion on Republican vs Democrat. I liked Obama. I like Desantis. I don’t care which party they represent.

Last edited by Arcenal813; 11-21-2023 at 06:24 PM..

Old 11-21-2023, 06:40 PM

5,974 posts, read 3,715,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
Me? No, not at all. I was more implying that this thread is soon to be inevitably filled with “because” and all sorts of mind-bending and explaining.

I don’t have much of an opinion on Republican vs Democrat. I liked Obama. I like Desantis. I don’t care which party they represent.
Hmmm, that seems to be a rather strange combination of "likes". I don't think that Obama and DeSantis have a whole lot in common politically so liking BOTH of them just seems rather strange to me. Care to explain what you like about each?

Old 11-22-2023, 04:43 AM

25,711 posts, read 12,786,330 times
Like-minded people tend to want to congregate. October's a big month for newbie's moving down to FLA...makes sense.

I'd love to see more demographic data than just political preference, like income, age, educational attainment, where they came from, ect.. It's an interest of mine. I realize this data comes off of voter registrations that don't have access to other data.

SE FLA's becoming a job producer, so its not all retirees.

Putnam County...this could explain the big hike there:

https://siteselection.com/investor-w...in-florida.cfm

Old 11-22-2023, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
Hmmm, that seems to be a rather strange combination of "likes". I don't think that Obama and DeSantis have a whole lot in common politically so liking BOTH of them just seems rather strange to me. Care to explain what you like about each?
Without getting too deep into political talk, basically just boils down to responses considering cards dealt at a given time.
Some situations and times can be best handled in ways that might not necessarily align with what one would consider his/her’s typical stance.
I lean conservative. That doesn’t mean that I don’t agree with some liberal ideologies, particularly if a specific situation would benefit from them.

Old 11-22-2023, 09:21 AM

3,833 posts, read 3,337,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Like-minded people tend to want to congregate. October's a big month for newbie's moving down to FLA...makes sense.

I'd love to see more demographic data than just political preference, like income, age, educational attainment, where they came from, ect.. It's an interest of mine. I realize this data comes off of voter registrations that don't have access to other data.

SE FLA's becoming a job producer, so its not all retirees.

Putnam County...this could explain the big hike there:

https://siteselection.com/investor-w...in-florida.cfm
Also, areas of North Florida if it's Republican, I wonder how many of them switched their voter registration. A lot of people "in the south" identified as Democrat until the last 20 years or so but now vote Republican in the elections.

Arkansas did their flip around 2010, Kentucky sorta did their's at the state level in their house and senate. Still elects a democrat governor too though.

Missouri completed their flip around 2000.

I suspect a lot of the old timers here in FL registered as Democrat were voting Republican in the general election. In the border south and deep south D vs R is a complicated matter but now the switch is nearly complete.

Louisiana still has a bit of it left over from the Dixiecrat era.

I wonder if Putnam County will take off now on a local level. Bentonville Arkansas, on the border of MO/AR another good example. Rural area and Wal-Mart is so huge now it's become a hub for jobs and the supporting industry.

Old 11-22-2023, 12:37 PM

334 posts, read 662,121 times
I live in Florida and I can tell you that Florida went from a swing state to solidly Republican. I give three reasons for this: Ron DeSantis; Donald Trump; and Joe Biden's epic failure as President. Both Trump and DeSantis are very popular here. I see a great many bumper stickers saying GO BRANDON or JOE AND THE HO GOT TO GO, etc. Voter registration numbers don't lie. Republicans have made amazing inroads into the Latino vote down here.

Old 11-22-2023, 02:14 PM

27,187 posts, read 43,876,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino1 View Post
I live in Florida and I can tell you that Florida went from a swing state to solidly Republican. I give three reasons for this: Ron DeSantis; Donald Trump; and Joe Biden's epic failure as President. Both Trump and DeSantis are very popular here. I see a great many bumper stickers saying GO BRANDON or JOE AND THE HO GOT TO GO, etc. Voter registration numbers don't lie. Republicans have made amazing inroads into the Latino vote down here.
Please elaborate with factual information...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida