Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2023, 01:11 PM

18,496 posts, read 8,318,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
Temu is really taking off now. They sell cheap Chinese stuff similar stuff Amazon does, only cheaper than Amazon. .
not just similar......in a lot of cases exactly the same thing

I just discovered Temu recently....bought something I needed for $9.....exact same thing on Amazon was $35
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2023, 02:34 PM

4,489 posts, read 3,867,326 times
Quote:
I'm starting to wonder about Amazon and their stock long term.

Temu is really taking off now. They sell cheap Chinese stuff similar stuff Amazon does, only cheaper than Amazon. Of course Amazon sells brand name expensive stuff too. Cheap stuff though Temu has the same China stuff only cheaper. Takes about 10 days to get though.

I ordered some stuff for my business from Temu and the plane landed yesterday and already cleared customs.

Maybe this is why Bezos is investing in other things such as web hosting and streaming services.

TEMU is a Chinese company.
Amazon is a USA company.

I'm sure China loves your supporting their communist regime!!!!!!!

Old 11-06-2023, 02:47 PM

3,834 posts, read 3,354,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
TEMU is a Chinese company.
Amazon is a USA company.

I'm sure China loves your supporting their communist regime!!!!!!!
Well, most stuff on Amazon is made in China. It's mostly wholesalers selling their stuff they got from China. Temu basically taking the middle man out.

Most items say "fulfilled by amazon" Meaning the seller ships it to Amazon and Amazon packs it and sends it out when someone purchases it.

I'm in brick and mortar retail and Amazon, Online, and Temu is killing small business.

Old 11-06-2023, 03:02 PM

5,426 posts, read 3,508,245 times
Quote:
Well, most stuff on Amazon is made in China. It's mostly wholesalers selling their stuff they got from China. Temu basically taking the middle man out.

Most items say "fulfilled by amazon" Meaning the seller ships it to Amazon and Amazon packs it and sends it out when someone purchases it.

I'm in brick and mortar retail and Amazon, Online, and Temu is killing small business.
I thought Wall-Mart did that years ago?

Old 11-06-2023, 05:53 PM

18,496 posts, read 8,318,409 times
Quote:

100%....someone would have to live under a rock to not know that

...I've been using Alibaba for years

Old 11-06-2023, 06:15 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,575,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
and that is .001% of his net worth.

So in not so rich terms, if he was a millionaire then he spent $1000 on his new house.
You got the ratio correct in your second sentence (and in the house cost v. net worth), but a 1 to 1000 ratio expressed as a percentage is .1 not .001 .

Old 11-06-2023, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Lets start:

New house - 500 people working to build it? Trades are usually small businesess
New cars - local dealers will sell him 4-5 cars/suvs
Decorators/Furniture - atleast 2 dozen places will sell him stuff
Restaurants/bars - Miami is a place to be seen, he will visit all of them

Only thing with the security is usually "kids".....he doesn't have small kids so security might be for him/girlfriend but there are billionaires as his neighbors so its not like they are the only rich guy in town.
I saw Tiger Woods pumping gas a few years back, he is almost a billionaire and he rolls around with no security but if he was in a club in Miami he might have a couple guys with him. Bezos will be fine and probably won't stand out among the other 60 yr old bald guys walking around Miami.

Old 11-06-2023, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
More urban, cosmopolitan, diverse with great restaurants, nightlife, shopping, all 4 pro sports leagues + Messi, great annual events, hub airport with more direct/nonstop connections, highly walkable/car not necessary in certain neighborhoods. Probably the only metro where I could, and do, live in Florida. Does cost more for these amenities, however; not geared for those on a shoestring budget.

Not to mention the water and water sports/activities.

Old 11-06-2023, 06:28 PM

25,863 posts, read 12,890,963 times
In case anyone wants to see what Jeff Bezos and Amazon does for Seattle:

https://www.aboutamazon.com/news/com...%20communities.

The Bezos family foundation gave $710M to the Huthinson Cancer Center in Seattle:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bezos_Family_Foundation

They are also active in creating affordable housing and child education.

These are the type people we want in our Florida community. I welcome them with open arms.

Old 11-06-2023, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Expert View Post
Yep, Miami is still my personal favorite major city. People are a lot friendlier in Tampa Bay, but overall I’d still take Miami.
And I'd take Tampa Bay first for that reason and others, but I still agree with the superlatives re Miami in this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida