Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2023, 03:27 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,450,446 times

Advertisements

Y'all love to simp for these billionaires that wouldn't give you the time of day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2023, 03:41 PM

18,429 posts, read 8,258,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pincho-toot View Post
Just what Miami needs... More unaffordable home prices!
unaffordable to who?...Bezos didn't up the price of those properties before he bought them

millions of places are "unaffordable" to someone

...and...obviously....those same "unaffordable" places....ARE affordable to someone

Old 11-04-2023, 04:30 PM

9,319 posts, read 16,657,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Why is this a "win" for Florida? A genuine question. Having him in my state doesn't help me any.
No it doesn't help FL, it helps Beep reduce his taxes.

Old 11-04-2023, 05:14 PM

10,545 posts, read 7,735,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
No offense intended, but what is the attraction of SE Florida in general and Miami in particular? I've been in Florida my entire life, been to Miami twice and couldn't wait to leave both times. If I could choose a place to settle, Miami would be near the bottom of my list.
Aging parents. One would think he'd move them where ever they want to be, so apparently they want to stay put in SE Florida.

Old 11-05-2023, 06:22 AM

17,280 posts, read 22,006,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
He didn't buy a $150,000,000 home. He already had a $69M property with mansion. He bought a second property with mansion at Indian Creek. He paid $79M for it. In both cases, the houses are already there, he isn't needing to build them. So no major employment or contracting of construction workers to build a house from scratch involved. Probably some repairs, maybe some renovations, but that's about it.

The increase in taxes won't be based on the total property he owns here, because he's already paying taxes on almost half of it. There won't be any new Amazon offices in Indian Creek, it's a deed restricted semi-private island with around 30 homes on it.
I think you area off base............I would expect one or both to be torn down and re-developed into his perfect "fung shui globalist compound with solar panels"

This is one of the houses he bought: I can hear the bulldozers revving up now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk8jsgICcmg

Old 11-05-2023, 04:16 PM

629 posts, read 400,285 times
Hahaha remember when Republicans really tried to convince us this was in our best interest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
But....but....Trickle Down Economics!

Old 11-05-2023, 04:33 PM

629 posts, read 400,285 times
Bingo. The Miami metro is the only metro I and many I know could live…the rest of Florida seriously lacks in many areas in comparison. Summed up this area provides access & amenities - It is however not geared towards low earners/fixed income types or those just looking to skate by…especially within the last three years or so due to massive increases in housing and COL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
More urban, cosmopolitan, diverse with great restaurants, nightlife, shopping, all 4 pro sports leagues + Messi, great annual events, hub airport with more direct/nonstop connections, highly walkable/car not necessary in certain neighborhoods. Probably the only metro where I could, and do, live in Florida. Does cost more for these amenities, however; not geared for those on a shoestring budget.

Old 11-05-2023, 04:42 PM

10,059 posts, read 14,935,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
Aging parents. One would think he'd move them where ever they want to be, so apparently they want to stay put in SE Florida.
For them it must be the weather. It's hard to find South Florida's climate outide of Florida in the lower 48.

Old 11-06-2023, 08:23 AM

25,693 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pincho-toot View Post
Y'all love to simp for these billionaires that wouldn't give you the time of day
We like their money being spent here.

We like the charitable donations they'll make here through their family foundations.

We like the jobs they create, and the taxes they pay.

We like how they attract other succesful affluent business people to our State.

We don't need them to like us, & invite us out on their mega yacht

Last edited by beach43ofus; 11-06-2023 at 08:31 AM..

Old 11-06-2023, 10:37 AM

3,833 posts, read 3,335,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
We like their money being spent here.

We like the charitable donations they'll make here through their family foundations.

We like the jobs they create, and the taxes they pay.

We like how they attract other succesful affluent business people to our State.

We don't need them to like us, & invite us out on their mega yacht
I'm starting to wonder about Amazon and their stock long term.

Temu is really taking off now. They sell cheap Chinese stuff similar stuff Amazon does, only cheaper than Amazon. Of course Amazon sells brand name expensive stuff too. Cheap stuff though Temu has the same China stuff only cheaper. Takes about 10 days to get though.

I ordered some stuff for my business from Temu and the plane landed yesterday and already cleared customs.

Maybe this is why Bezos is investing in other things such as web hosting and streaming services.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida