Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2023, 08:56 AM

18,490 posts, read 8,314,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
Exactly. Does anyone really believe he'd go to the local Ford Dealership for his new car? Of course not. He'd probably buy a Bentley and have it flown and shipped directly from the Manufacturer in the UK.
I heard he imports his AC repair guy from Hungary....

....and uses a plumber in Romania

Braman Bentley....Serving South Florida for 45+ Years....2060 Biscayne Blvd Miami, FL 33137 <> https://www.bramanbentley.net/

Last edited by Corrie22; 11-04-2023 at 09:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2023, 09:02 AM

7,415 posts, read 6,574,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Same here. I am a native Floridian who has been to Miami exactly twice and hated it both times. But different strokes, I guess.
More urban, cosmopolitan, diverse with great restaurants, nightlife, shopping, all 4 pro sports leagues + Messi, great annual events, hub airport with more direct/nonstop connections, highly walkable/car not necessary in certain neighborhoods. Probably the only metro where I could, and do, live in Florida. Does cost more for these amenities, however; not geared for those on a shoestring budget.

Last edited by elchevere; 11-04-2023 at 09:19 AM..

Old 11-04-2023, 09:50 AM

18,490 posts, read 8,314,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Ask all the employees of the small businesses that worked for Bezos in Seattle, who are now out of work, or who lost a lot of income, about what the impact is of having the 3rd wealthiest guy on earth around.

Ask them if trickle down is real, or not.

Florida winning
it's amazing how much money it takes to run these big properties, boats, cars, etc...and how many people/businesses it takes

taxes is not even a small part of it

Old 11-04-2023, 10:21 AM

8,076 posts, read 4,753,953 times
Well I feel kind of disappointed that JB didn't hit us up for advice on where in Florida he should move. [/sarcasm]

Old 11-04-2023, 10:56 AM

2,353 posts, read 2,310,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
More urban, cosmopolitan, diverse with great restaurants, nightlife, shopping, all 4 pro sports leagues + Messi, great annual events, hub airport with more direct/nonstop connections, highly walkable/car not necessary in certain neighborhoods. Probably the only metro where I could, and do, live in Florida. Does cost more for these amenities, however; not geared for those on a shoestring budget.
Yep, Miami is still my personal favorite major city. People are a lot friendlier in Tampa Bay, but overall I’d still take Miami.

Old 11-04-2023, 01:02 PM

4,487 posts, read 3,865,963 times
I think it's absolutely AWESOME that Florida is attracting not just MAGAs but also Flaming Liberals like Bezos also. The more people the better! Blue or Red, don't matter. Let's keep driving prices UP UP UP!!!!!!

Florida is well on its way to becoming California 2.0!!!!!! Awesome sauce!

Old 11-04-2023, 01:46 PM

3,834 posts, read 3,353,858 times
Quote:
Ask all the employees of the small businesses that worked for Bezos in Seattle, who are now out of work, or who lost a lot of income, about what the impact is of having the 3rd wealthiest guy on earth around.

Ask them if trickle down is real, or not.

Florida winning

Bezos doesn't like trump. Remember Trump has tore into him a lot. Trump hates the Washington fake news post.

Never been a fan of him politically. I Don't hate him though. He had a great idea and it worked.

Amazon has put a lot of retail small businesses out of business because everyone orders online now.

Old 11-04-2023, 03:21 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,477,705 times
Quote:
Economic impact. He already bought $150,000,000 worth of real estate in Miami.

All the money he spends here will be taxed. He's very likely to bring, and create, jobs here too.

Other Tech leaders will likley follow, & they'll spend a lot of $ here too.
Just what Miami needs... More unaffordable home prices!

Old 11-04-2023, 03:25 PM

17,550 posts, read 39,181,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
I think it's absolutely AWESOME that Florida is attracting not just MAGAs but also Flaming Liberals like Bezos also. The more people the better! Blue or Red, don't matter. Let's keep driving prices UP UP UP!!!!!!

Florida is well on its way to becoming California 2.0!!!!!! Awesome sauce!
I've been saying this for years. Sad.....

Old 11-04-2023, 03:26 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,477,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
No offense intended, but what is the attraction of SE Florida in general and Miami in particular? I've been in Florida my entire life, been to Miami twice and couldn't wait to leave both times. If I could choose a place to settle, Miami would be near the bottom of my list.
Its attractive to sleazeballs that think the movie Scarface is a lifestyle to glorify
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida