Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2023, 05:40 PM

658 posts, read 420,747 times

Advertisements

Took the family to Disney for my kid's birthday - returned last night and let's just say it was pretty interesting.

The Good:

- Stayed at nice property in Disney Springs so we were within walking distance of amenities in the area so that was convenient.

- The hotel valet parking daily rate was reasonably priced and convenient and the Speedway gas station in Disney Springs was reasonably priced (was genuinely surprised).

- The "mahh rights, mahh freeDUMBS" crowd was noticeably absent...could just be the July heat or Ron De Furher's message is resonating with that demographic.

The Bad:

- There is a not so subtle undertone of disgruntled "cast members" who exhibit a passive aggressive demeanor. My guess is that many are angry about their "lot in in life." Perhaps an Orlando resident can shed more light on the job market in Orange County.

Two particular instances include me heading back to a ride to double check I didn't leave any items behind - I was hastily met by an aggressive young woman who asked what I was doing and blocked my ability to search the rollercoaster cart. I then said "I'm not trying to get back on the ride." She then proceeds to say "Bye" in a smug, nasty way and then I say "Bye cast member!" which I'm sure pissed her off.

Second, and most egregious instance was when a "cast member decided my kid wasn't tall enough for the Pandora ride when he's been riding Mt. Everest, and other rides all day.

Long story short I got Disney management involved and let's just say I received complementary days w/lighting passes, and other goodies - Also, I'm sure those "cast members" are now sweeping floors and taking out trash.

- Maybe because I live in the Miami Metro and we have great restaurants so I'm spoiled, the food wasn't bad, but it wasn't great...especially considering the price.

Overall, Disney in July was hot (no surprise), expensive, and now you can add the possibility of running into passive aggressive employees who offer bad service all while paying $1,500 - $3,000 for the "privilege."

Last edited by silverct9a; 07-22-2023 at 05:49 PM..

Old 07-22-2023, 09:03 PM

3,478 posts, read 2,472,217 times
So is your kid actually 44" or taller? OR...did the cast members on the other rides let him on even though they shouldn't have, and you're just mad that the person at the Pandora ride followed the rules and you couldn't get away with it again?

And - the time to check to make sure you got everything from your ride's seat, is the moment BEFORE you walk away from it.

Old 07-22-2023, 09:28 PM

You think Disney management would just give me those offers if I was the one in the wrong? Let’s use our brain people.…absolutely no business gives away anything of substantial value for free - it’s not sustainable.

So you assumed several cast members did their job incorrectly ALL DAY (We rode SEVERAL rides prior to Pandora), yet the one who denied us entry was the one doing their job correctly?

Extremely poor logical thinking on your part.

Disney sent two managers to verify the height measurement was done CORRECTLY. They all then apologized and made several offers to my family and I. You see my son visited the pediatrician a few days prior to the trip and I brought the paperwork showing his verified height(44”) and weight I was waiting for them to get it right before presenting that document.

Also, do you have young children? Do you take your young children to the theme park? My son was with his other friends ranging from ages 6-8…it gets a bit chaotic. You make quite a bit of hasty, poor assumptions dude.

Are you a disgruntled Disney cast member as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
So is your kid actually 44" or taller? OR...did the cast members on the other rides let him on even though they shouldn't have, and you're just mad that the person at the Pandora ride followed the rules and you couldn't get away with it again?

And - the time to check to make sure you got everything from your ride's seat, is the moment BEFORE you walk away from it.

Last edited by silverct9a; 07-22-2023 at 09:55 PM..

Old 07-22-2023, 11:05 PM

285 posts, read 293,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverct9a View Post
Took the family to Disney for my kid's birthday - returned last night and let's just say it was pretty interesting.

The Bad:

- There is a not so subtle undertone of disgruntled "cast members" who exhibit a passive aggressive demeanor. My guess is that many are angry about their "lot in in life." Perhaps an Orlando resident can shed more light on the job market in Orange County.
I could be wrong, but I always thought that the Cast Members are paid to only look like Belle, Snow White, Ariel, etc.

I don't think they're paid to have their personalities

Maybe there could be that one unicorn where she's so sweet like Rapunzel, that the birds, squirrels, rabbits etc. are singing with her and helping her do her time-sheet, preparing her sandwich for her lunch break and what not

Old 07-23-2023, 04:16 AM

30,520 posts, read 21,408,935 times
Have not been since 1975.

Old 07-23-2023, 04:55 AM

8,806 posts, read 5,111,341 times
OP....You brought the paperwork from your son`s doctor to Disney

Old 07-23-2023, 06:11 AM

How’s your homeowners insurance? Do you still have any? Is it even affordable?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerp View Post

Old 07-23-2023, 06:17 AM

Sure did. When your child is exactly 44” it helps being prepared. Considering that the measurement area isn’t even leveled (another Disney fail) and something as small as being a 1/4 inch off can ruin your trip experience when you have little ones.

My question to you is, why would me bringing paperwork verifying his height be strange when we’re at a place that verifies height?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
OP....You brought the paperwork from your son`s doctor to Disney

Old 07-23-2023, 08:06 AM

5,430 posts, read 3,527,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverct9a View Post
<snip>You think Disney management would just give me those offers if I was the one in the wrong? Let’s use our brain people.…absolutely no business gives away anything of substantial value for free - it’s not sustainable.<end snip>
Disney does. Our extended family, maybe 15 of us, was there one Christmas when it was very crowded. My sister complained that the lines were too long and we could not see anything. They gave all of us our entrance fee back in cash.

Old 07-23-2023, 08:33 AM

I would argue in that instance it was a zero sum outcome…no one really lost anything(I’d also argue that money in July has more immediate value to the park than the easy, excess money in Christmas).

They gave me additional theme park days with lighting passes and additional hotel stays - They clearly realized their employees were in the wrong and were applying inconsistent practices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Disney does. Our extended family, maybe 15 of us, was there one Christmas when it was very crowded. My sister complained that the lines were too long and we could not see anything. They gave all of us our entrance fee back in cash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida