Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2023, 02:32 PM

3,439 posts, read 2,414,310 times

Advertisements

Florida's idea of "economic diversity" -

We have people here with lots of money, a little money, no money, some money, a little more than "some" money. And - all of those people have either lots of expenses, a few expenses, no expenses, some expenses, and a little more than "some" expenses.

Very diverse economy here. Of course - the average and median incomes of blacks are lower than any other racial demographic in the state, with Asians having the highest and whites the second highest. So, among blacks, the overall economy isn't very diverse, because they have - on average - less to earn, and less to spend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2023, 03:17 PM

18,458 posts, read 8,282,661 times
and yet there's black people that got out of that ghetto and live in multi-million dollar houses....

how does that work

Old 05-25-2023, 05:44 AM

25,744 posts, read 12,824,670 times
Some people hate when blacks do well because then they can't use them, and control them, just to get their votes.

The NAACP deploys its own form or race baiting to advance its own woke agenda that benefits themselves, but very few others.

The people of the free state of Florida reject exploiting any person, or groups of persons...period.

The NAACP is obsolete, especially here in Florida. Their words are tools of self enrichment, & nothing more.

We see them for what they are.

Old 05-25-2023, 05:46 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,224,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
and yet there's black people that got out of that ghetto and live in multi-million dollar houses....

how does that work
The law of large numbers. Same reason we have lotto winners despite the astronomical odds of not winning.

Old 05-25-2023, 06:56 AM

18,458 posts, read 8,282,661 times
nope, has to do with getting off your lazy trash ass and making something of yourself

...personal responsibility

Old 05-25-2023, 07:04 AM

927 posts, read 759,455 times
South Florida. They spend every last dime they have on beer cigarettes and lottery tickets. The charities are wonderful but they can't differentiate between someone who needs $80 for work boots and someone who will use that $80 to party. And no one has ever heard the word tweaker before. Tweakers are seen as normal and have rights even if they're screaming at the librarian.

Old 06-27-2023, 05:27 AM

14,950 posts, read 12,153,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Trust me, I will not be visiting Florida anytime soon. Nor will my friends and family.

The governor is not good for Florida business, reputation and ultimately, the people of Florida.
Considering the source, I'd opine that all that naysaying is the greatest form of flattery, LOL.

Old 07-03-2023, 05:36 PM

15 posts, read 9,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Trust me, I will not be visiting Florida anytime soon. Nor will my friends and family.

The governor is not good for Florida business, reputation and ultimately, the people of Florida.
How do you arrive at this conclusion? I heard that Florida is practically the best state right now for small businesses.

Your statements sound cloudy. Is your throwing shade on Florida just due to political beliefs that you cannot put aside?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida