Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2023, 02:35 PM

25,689 posts, read 12,772,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainsley1999 View Post
The current day FL prides itself as the beacon of “freedom” and “liberty”, but judging from the reactions some have towards the outsiders with different views it’s not exactly very tolerant of freedom and liberty from people who aren’t you.

And FL cares very much about New York/New Yorkers. And you care very much what others think of you.-take one glance over the threads/forum, see for yourself. FL can’t stop taking about NY like a newly slimmed down younger sister trying to date the attractive older sister’s ex boyfriend…….

For a state who embraces so much of “freedom” “paradise lifestyle” “living the best life!”, you guys don’t sound very relaxed nor welcoming. For a state that’s surrounded by beautiful water why so insular and xenophobic?!
We are protecting what we've built from those who want to tear it apart...and yes...We DID build that!

We love our diversity because we all believe in America...no matter what color, race, sexual orientation, level of education, income, religion...we are all one big Constitution & Bill of Rights loving family. We are patriots to the core.

That is why our minority businesses are doing so well...we share a deep love of Country....and for our Free State of Florida, & we stand together to protect our values.

To our detractors...sticks 'n stones...

Last edited by beach43ofus; 05-23-2023 at 02:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2023, 04:35 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Trust me, I will not be visiting Florida anytime soon. Nor will my friends and family.

The governor is not good for Florida business, reputation and ultimately, the people of Florida.
Is that a threat or a promise?

Old 05-23-2023, 04:38 PM

927 posts, read 757,826 times
South Florida. Everyone takes stupid pills.

Old 05-23-2023, 04:45 PM

18,426 posts, read 8,258,982 times
so stupid they all live in multi-million dollar homes....LOL

Old 05-23-2023, 05:43 PM

25,689 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
so stupid they all live in multi-million dollar homes....LOL
...and voting Republican. Did you see the Dade and Broward results in the last big election?

The Libs called it "Breaking Bad" , but I called it "the South Will Rise Again"

Old 05-23-2023, 05:57 PM

1,029 posts, read 561,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
We are protecting what we've built from those who want to tear it apart...and yes...We DID build that!

We love our diversity because we all believe in America...no matter what color, race, sexual orientation, level of education, income, religion...we are all one big Constitution & Bill of Rights loving family. We are patriots to the core.

That is why our minority businesses are doing so well...we share a deep love of Country....and for our Free State of Florida, & we stand together to protect our values.

To our detractors...sticks 'n stones...
It all sounds nice and sweet but don’t forget the Orlando Neo-Nazi rally, the massive Confederate flag on the 75 near Tampa and (again) Orlando “Kill all gays!” sign.

Who are “we” you speak of? Because I lived in Sarasota for a year I don’t remember sharing the same sentiment as the above Neo-Nazis. I paid tax, paid my due-diligence, shopped at Publix, just like everyone else but I didn’t know the “freedom” you wear so proudly and honorably on the sleeve did not include others’ “freedom“ to move to Florida.-I did NOT know ONLY Republicans are allowed to move to FL and enjoy the life here.

I did NOT know only Republicans deserve human rights and the “freedom” to call somewhere home when they are law-abiding citizens who harm no one and can relocate to anywhere they can.

For people who claim to love “freedom” and quickly call the “libs” “communists” “fascists” are more than happy to dictate who can and can’t move to the state you don’t own. Your “first dip” sounds communist and dictatorship, “do as I say, obey me or you get out!”

So much for the “freedom”. Only your freedom is freedom, only your freedom counts.

Lastly, why did your post sound like a cult brochure?!

Old 05-23-2023, 05:58 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,450,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
In what way? Please do tell... I could use the entertainment.
Because it implies that the success of businesses is all that matters for race relations.

A lot of Asian-Americans might have successful Chinese restaurants but that doesn't mean they don't experience racism.

With that being said, I don't think Florida is the pinnacle of racism... but it's not a very open minded place either. I grew up in Miami and its not a pro-black city at all. There's not even real political comradery between the latinos. Cuban refugees vote for policies that go against non-Cuban refugees. They're okay with what DeSantis did to those Venezuelans, but had it been a democrat doing it to Cubans, then its Nazism. Florida, especially South Florida, is a very "shkrew you, I got mine!" kinda place. I have heard my own father complain about how one business was replaced by an Asian owned business. My father... an immigrant. He didn't complain about it when he craved Chinese food, though.

Old 05-23-2023, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pincho-toot View Post
I grew up in Miami and its not a pro-black city at all.
things have changed....the vast majority of black owned businesses in Florida....are in Miami...over half

Old 05-23-2023, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
...and voting Republican. Did you see the Dade and Broward results in the last big election?
yep, they voted conservative...not liberal BS

Old 05-23-2023, 07:01 PM

21,615 posts, read 31,180,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
yep, they voted conservative...not liberal BS
Broward did not. It was the only county in South FL that remained blue. Miami and Palm Beach went red.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida