Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2022, 03:47 PM

3,145 posts, read 1,601,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
I dunno if this has already been asked, but why don't you move back to your community in Lake Mary?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I was also wondering the same....
He stated he didn't like the regional airport ten miles from his home so I assume that might be the reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2022, 03:53 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,749,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
The elderly women was on the edge of a lagoon in her back yard, slipped and fell, into the water. No one is afraid to walk around the grounds. Could also happen in FL.
Nobody saw what really happened to that elderly woman.

Sun City residents complain about too many gators walking around their neighborhood:

https://www.wjcl.com/article/sun-cit...ttack/40919754

Last edited by wp169; 11-12-2022 at 04:10 PM..

Old 11-12-2022, 03:53 PM

56 posts, read 39,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie104 View Post
He stated he didn't like the regional airport ten miles from his home so I assume that might be the reason.
Lol Maddie, you got it. Now I remember too that OP also stated “flights had increased at the Sanford Airport” - near to where they were living.

Old 11-13-2022, 04:49 AM

8,760 posts, read 5,055,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
Nobody saw what really happened to that elderly woman.

Sun City residents complain about too many gators walking around their neighborhood:

https://www.wjcl.com/article/sun-cit...ttack/40919754
Who gardens on the edge of a pond, where there is a known gator. He had been there for years.....even had a name......especially an 88 year old. As I said, happens in Florida too.
Sun City residents complain about everything.

Last edited by Charlie&Rose; 11-13-2022 at 05:14 AM..

Old 11-13-2022, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Who gardens on the edge of a pond, where there is a known gator. He had been there for years.....even had a name......especially an 88 year old. As I said, happens in Florida too.
Sun City residents complain about everything.
You're poo-pooing the residents complaints about numerous gators roaming around Sun City even though a death occurred making their complaints warranted? Apparently the residents didn't complain enough, otherwise the gator would have been out of there and she might still be alive today. RIP

Are both of you sales reps for Sun City?

Last edited by wp169; 11-13-2022 at 07:41 AM..

Old 11-13-2022, 08:57 AM

6,721 posts, read 6,482,819 times
Can't help you with your Florida question but you're not alone, I lost an easy million dollars by moving 6 years ago. Like the great philosopher Forrest Gump once said, life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Old 11-13-2022, 09:23 AM

My friend was in the same boat as you, about the same age, alone, owning a house with a pool in a county next to Orlando she wanted to get rid of. She thought about going near the beach to Melbourne but she moved into a townhouse near Windermere instead. Did you think about going into a townhouse or condo? You could have moved to Wekiva in Longwood or similar and stayed in your area of Lake Mary. I was always impressed with Wekiva years ago, don't know if it changed, I liked how some of the town homes had the master bedroom downstairs and how well kept the grounds are.

Old 11-13-2022, 09:33 AM

3,145 posts, read 1,601,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Can't help you with your Florida question but you're not alone, I lost an easy million dollars by moving 6 years ago. Like the great philosopher Forrest Gump once said, life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.
Life is a series of good and not so good decisions. We tend not to focus on all the good ones. The OP sold his house for a good price and had made good decisions up to that point -- rarely renting.

I have made decisions that resulted in selling a home for a gain, selling a home for a loss, renting a home for what was initially to be one year for three years while waiting for my new construction home as buying dried up and the builder put things on hold, sold a home in the 08 housing recession, etc.

When you make so many good ones or ones where you luck out, you think you are immune to bad ones or where you aren't so lucky.

Focus on the good ones you made vs. one poor one with the confidence you will make good ones again in the future.

Old 11-13-2022, 03:13 PM

8,760 posts, read 5,055,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
You're poo-pooing the residents complaints about numerous gators roaming around Sun City even though a death occurred making their complaints warranted? Apparently the residents didn't complain enough, otherwise the gator would have been out of there and she might still be alive today. RIP

Are both of you sales reps for Sun City?
No one complained until after the fact. Gators are found in every single pond or lagoon. Are they all supposed to be taken out and killed.....no they can not be relocated....against the law.People need to use common sense....stay away from the edge of the lagoon. This lady was right on the edge, when she slipped into the water.
There have been attacks in Florida.....a few years ago a child was killed because his parents allowed him to play near a lagoon in Disney.
People can either learn to live with wildlife in the south, including copperheads, which can be deadly......or move back up north.

Old 11-14-2022, 11:04 AM

Quote:
No one complained until after the fact. Gators are found in every single pond or lagoon. Are they all supposed to be taken out and killed.....no they can not be relocated....against the law.People need to use common sense....stay away from the edge of the lagoon. This lady was right on the edge, when she slipped into the water.
There have been attacks in Florida.....a few years ago a child was killed because his parents allowed him to play near a lagoon in Disney.
People can either learn to live with wildlife in the south, including copperheads, which can be deadly......or move back up north.
That's not what the headline on the article I posted says, but anyway, you are "blaming the victims" (the child and parents) in the Disney incident when there were no gator warning signs at the lagoon. Florida tourists don't know about all the dangers present in the parks, lakes, etc. I lived in Orlando for ten years and I hate to tell you how many times I was near that lagoon walking around or in the water on boats, etc., having no idea I wasn't safe. Although I knew any body of water in Florida can have a gator, I stupidly had the mindset that Disney wouldn't allow access to the lagoon if it wasn't safe. Boy, was I wrong!

There are photos on-line of a gator being in water near the Splash Mountain ride and a Disney worker trying to shoo it away! If that gator close to the rides hurt a child in the park there would be no excuse to blame his parents for letting their child get too close to the lagoon!

When it comes to paying higher taxes up north or being afraid to see a copperhead whenever I leave my home at HH, i'll choose living with the higher taxes any day, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida