Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2022, 07:32 PM

3,977 posts, read 8,176,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
That’s a shame. I agree that they are the best.

I haven’t had issues with bad quality from Instacart though, which is what Publix uses. I’ve had garbage quality from Walmart delivery and cancelled my membership.

In other words, get an Instacart membership.
I was really pleased with Instacart from Publix during the pandemic. The shoppers here were very good. They texted when they picked up the order and were very careful about making sure the product was exactly what I wanted. During the shortages they would text and tell me if my choice was out but what brand was in stock and what the price was for the sub. They gave me the option to reject a substitute which I did quite often. .Nothing melted or looked bad when it got to my house. There is a tip charged in the beginning but you can opt to tip more. I always added to the tip so maybe got quicker and better pickers instead of my order sitting there for hours.

We have the Kroger trucks delivering on the coast, but I have not ordered anything. They pick up at their 1 warehouse in Central Florida and deliver in a refrigerated truck.
In comparing price to Publix, I remember thinking it cost more to order things when I considered them. Krogers up North are pretty good but being in a Publix family(not in same household but can't enter any of the contests for free groceries etc. when they have them close) , I would choose Publix. But let us all know how Krogers does if you use them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2022, 05:59 AM

4,480 posts, read 3,849,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
I was really pleased with Instacart from Publix during the pandemic. The shoppers here were very good. They texted when they picked up the order and were very careful about making sure the product was exactly what I wanted. During the shortages they would text and tell me if my choice was out but what brand was in stock and what the price was for the sub. They gave me the option to reject a substitute which I did quite often. .Nothing melted or looked bad when it got to my house. There is a tip charged in the beginning but you can opt to tip more. I always added to the tip so maybe got quicker and better pickers instead of my order sitting there for hours.

We have the Kroger trucks delivering on the coast, but I have not ordered anything. They pick up at their 1 warehouse in Central Florida and deliver in a refrigerated truck.
In comparing price to Publix, I remember thinking it cost more to order things when I considered them. Krogers up North are pretty good but being in a Publix family(not in same household but can't enter any of the contests for free groceries etc. when they have them close) , I would choose Publix. But let us all know how Krogers does if you use them.

Kroger is much cheaper than Publix overall but they do not have Organic Valley products which is a dealbreaker for me.

Old 09-21-2022, 09:18 AM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Oh no, sorry to hear!

I can relate as I have been battling pain/neuropathy from Cervical Disc Degeneration accelerated through a no-fault auto accident (the other at-fault driver the fled scene, no Morgan & Morgan for me) that will require disc replacement and separately arthritis in both knees (bone on bone) requiring replacement surgery also.

There's good days and really bad ones but trying to stay positive until some relief is achieved. Hang in there and know there'll be better days ahead.
Thanks, Kyle. I have a lot of other issues as well - degenerative spine, arthritis, stenosis. I have had may painful injuries over the last several years, but nothing as bad as this. A fractured knee is supposed to be one of the most painful and serious injuries you can have. My age doesn't help. It is taking all I have to try to be upbeat because some days it just doesn't seem worth it. I at least have a wonderful husband to help me with some things (cooking or shopping is out of his realm)

Love and blessings to you.

Old 09-25-2022, 01:36 PM

1,377 posts, read 1,229,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Thanks, Kyle. I have a lot of other issues as well - degenerative spine, arthritis, stenosis. I have had may painful injuries over the last several years, but nothing as bad as this. A fractured knee is supposed to be one of the most painful and serious injuries you can have. My age doesn't help. It is taking all I have to try to be upbeat because some days it just doesn't seem worth it. I at least have a wonderful husband to help me with some things (cooking or shopping is out of his realm)

Love and blessings to you.
Hi gypsychic, I hope things get better soon for you!!! Angela

Old 09-26-2022, 06:08 PM

1,377 posts, read 1,229,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post

I heard great things about Instacart. I need to give it a try.

Old 03-29-2024, 04:42 AM

1 posts, read 158 times
hai forum members,
I agree with you. Instacart from Publix has been a lifesaver during the pandemic. The shoppers have been exceptional, keeping me updated every step of the way.
Thank YOU. https://www-krogerfeedback.com/

Old 03-30-2024, 12:13 PM

14,950 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
Kyle, I was surprised to find it really wasn't as bad as I expected. Anyway, just trying to survive with massive pain and immobility right now.
Gypsy, I'm so sorry to hear of your broken knee ( OUCH!!!!) and that you're going through so much pain and not able to get around right now. Thank goodness for your husband and what he's willing and able to do. Although this would probably be more pricey than getting groceries delivered from the places you mentioned, I swear in your shoes ( or knee brace) I'd maybe look at meal delivery services that would bring food "kits" that are ready to cook with little preparation- delivery services such as Hello Fresh, or Hungry Root come to mind, but there are others out there. Or, might Meals on Wheels be an option while you are laid up? I think you pay for those meals on a sliding scale, I think each meal is good for two servings, and you don't have to prepare it. Just a thought.

Fingers crossed that things will get at least a little better each day.

Last edited by Travelassie; 03-30-2024 at 12:24 PM..

Old 03-30-2024, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Gypsy, I'm so sorry to hear of your broken knee ( OUCH!!!!) and that you're going through so much pain and not able to get around right now. Thank goodness for your husband and what he's willing and able to do. Although this would probably be more pricey than getting groceries delivered from the places you mentioned, I swear in your shoes ( or knee brace) I'd maybe look at meal delivery services that would bring food "kits" that are ready to cook with little preparation- delivery services such as Hello Fresh, or Hungry Root come to mind, but there are others out there. Or, might Meals on Wheels be an option while you are laid up? I think you pay for those meals on a sliding scale, I think each meal is good for two servings, and you don't have to prepare it. Just a thought.

Fingers crossed that things will get at least a little better each day.
Hi Travelassie, I appreciate all your well wishes, but someone revived an old thread. I broke my kneecap in 2022. It was a terrible accident at the time. I have recovered from a lot of my issues, although will never be like I was, plus I am diabetic now and survived blood clots, pulmonary embolism, ketoacidosis and a serious lung infection during the fall. Anyway, the grocery delivery helped a lot, I looked into meal deliveries at the time, but to me wasn't worth it. Just bought simple things that could be heated in the oven and got takeout. My sweet husband really showed what he is made of during this difficult time, I could have never survived without him and I mean that literally. I was near death when I went into the hospital, and there were times I felt like I wanted to let go, but with his prayers and prayers of my friends I somehow pulled through. I know I surprised everyone in the hospital with my recovery. Anyway I am back to shopping in person now (usually with hubby) but thank goodness delivery is available when you need it!

Old 03-30-2024, 02:16 PM

27,218 posts, read 43,942,133 times
Quote:
Hi Travelassie, I appreciate all your well wishes, but someone revived an old thread. I broke my kneecap in 2022. It was a terrible accident at the time. I have recovered from a lot of my issues, although will never be like I was, plus I am diabetic now and survived blood clots, pulmonary embolism, ketoacidosis and a serious lung infection during the fall. Anyway, the grocery delivery helped a lot, I looked into meal deliveries at the time, but to me wasn't worth it. Just bought simple things that could be heated in the oven and got takeout. My sweet husband really showed what he is made of during this difficult time, I could have never survived without him and I mean that literally. I was near death when I went into the hospital, and there were times I felt like I wanted to let go, but with his prayers and prayers of my friends I somehow pulled through. I know I surprised everyone in the hospital with my recovery. Anyway I am back to shopping in person now (usually with hubby) but thank goodness delivery is available when you need it!
Wow, I had no idea how much you went through. I'm glad you're doing well now and "on the other side" of recovery. I'm looking forward to that myself, but it's going to be awhile unfortunately.

Old 03-30-2024, 02:43 PM

Thanks Kyle. Keep the faith, you will get there eventually. The thing is to have a strong will and decide you can overcome. That goes a long way. Hope your new home is working out for you and that you are getting better day by day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: