Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2022, 07:30 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Aldi is okay if you're working with more basic options, but otherwise quite limited in terms of selection. Sav A Lot on the other hand is more of a traditional grocery store.
I really like Aldi. They have some items I can find nowhere else. Never been a fan of Sav A Lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2022, 06:31 AM

27,163 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I really like Aldi. They have some items I can find nowhere else. Never been a fan of Sav A Lot.
I hadn't either until recently and is apparently due to new leadership turning things around and cleaning up a less than stellar reputation. You might revisit to see for yourself.

Old 09-20-2022, 07:06 AM

4,474 posts, read 3,842,069 times
Instacart has been a great partner for Publix, and consumers seem like to it very much.

Old 09-20-2022, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
Instacart has been a great partner for Publix, and consumers seem like to it very much.
It was great during the height of the pandemic but have found the Instacart mark-up price at Publix prohibitive as time wore on and the public health hazard lessened. People squawk about Whole Foods being "Whole Paycheck" but they clearly haven't done a full shopping trip at Publix on Instacart. It can be kind of staggering.

Old 09-20-2022, 03:02 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Quote:
It was great during the height of the pandemic but have found the Instacart mark-up price at Publix prohibitive as time wore on and the public health hazard lessened. People squawk about Whole Foods being "Whole Paycheck" but they clearly haven't done a full shopping trip at Publix on Instacart. It can be kind of staggering.
Kyle, I was surprised to find it really wasn't as bad as I expected. Anyway, just trying to survive with massive pain and immobility right now.

Old 09-20-2022, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Kyle, I was surprised to find it really wasn't as bad as I expected. Anyway, just trying to survive with massive pain and immobility right now.
Oh no, sorry to hear!

I can relate as I have been battling pain/neuropathy from Cervical Disc Degeneration accelerated through a no-fault auto accident (the other at-fault driver the fled scene, no Morgan & Morgan for me) that will require disc replacement and separately arthritis in both knees (bone on bone) requiring replacement surgery also.

There's good days and really bad ones but trying to stay positive until some relief is achieved. Hang in there and know there'll be better days ahead.

Old 09-20-2022, 05:21 PM

453 posts, read 300,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
I will never use any of this kind of crap like a silly chap. IN the store only for me. Sure don't wanna pay extra to have it brought to me and have to pay a tip on top of it. I wanna pick out my own meat pete.
What's with the condescending name calling "silly chap"???

Maybe you missed that there was a pandemic.

Maybe you'll acquire some illness or injury making it difficult or impossible for you to do your own shopping and find out what it's like to not be so ~ silly.

And I guess you don't own and operate your own business which makes it MUCH MUCH cheaper than spending your own time in stores.

I love it when people say "NEVER". You see that all the time in the Caregiving forum, clueless people thinking their lives are predictable and can be controlled.

Old 09-20-2022, 05:24 PM

Quote:
That would be "people" who think other "people" should shop for, stand in line to pay for, and deliver THEIR crap for free or nearly free.

Instead of squawking they should get off their butts and go SHOP, then.

Do you guys not realize that the shoppers/drivers get SALARIES?

Last edited by huitrecouture; 09-20-2022 at 05:38 PM..

Old 09-20-2022, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
You can also use Amazon for staples such as toilet paper, cans of whatever you like that comes in a can (including pet food for the pets).

For all the stuff that goes bad after time or has to be kept refrigerated or frozen, I'd ask a neighbor. But our neighborhood is like that - we lend each other a hand when needed - yours might not be as community-oriented.
Pretty sure people know they can order non-perishables on Amazon.

LOL ask a NEIGHBOR?

Obviously this has never happened if you don't see where enormouse problems would arise.

I eat 2 lbs of green produce and another 8 oz fruit a day. Where shall I fax my order for you to go pick it up and my requirements?

Old 09-20-2022, 06:15 PM

30,395 posts, read 21,215,773 times
2lbs sure is a lot dot for one person in a day ray. No way my man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: