Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Cigarettes Be Allowed On Florida Beaches?
Yes 7 18.42%
No 31 81.58%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2022, 06:49 AM

1,377 posts, read 1,231,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Why should people outside have to put up with cigarette smoke ?

I don't like even being downwind from it.

Smokers can smoke in their cars, at home alone or with people who don't mind, or elsewhere indoors alone or with people who don't mind.

I hope the ban comes to fruition .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2022, 07:15 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,217,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
What’s next? Weight limits on beach goers? I find looking at obese people in scanty swim trunks to be way more offensive than someone smoking a cig outdoors.
Both are equally offensive actually.

Old 09-15-2022, 07:23 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,217,132 times
I cannot believe I use to be a pathetic disgusting cigarette smoker myself (mainly late teens till very early 20’s)…. Been 13-14 years since I last puffed one….

That being said smoking absolutely should be banned from beaches. It is very offensive to smell and even worst to witness someone throwing their butts in the sand. There should be at least one police officer patrolling busy parts of the beach and writing up as many citations for smoking as possible. No warning.

People who litter on the beach in general need to be punished harshly. Enough of this entitlement that other people can pick up my trash because I’m too lazy or inconsiderate to take care of it myself.

The only way humanity will change for the better is to harshly punish the worst offenders and make an example of them.

Old 09-15-2022, 07:24 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,010,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
What’s next? Weight limits on beach goers? I find looking at obese people in scanty swim trunks to be way more offensive than someone smoking a cig outdoors.
Lol, I don't like people smoking anywhere near me but the difference (from my vantage point) would be that smokers often leave behind their cigarette butts in the sand while obese people... don't usually leave behind anything (guess it depends on the person but fat people don't universally leave trash on the beach).

Old 09-15-2022, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPrzybylski07 View Post
I cannot believe I use to be a pathetic disgusting cigarette smoker myself (mainly late teens till very early 20’s)…. Been 13-14 years since I last puffed one….

That being said smoking absolutely should be banned from beaches. It is very offensive to smell and even worst to witness someone throwing their butts in the sand. There should be at least one police officer patrolling busy parts of the beach and writing up as many citations for smoking as possible. No warning.

People who litter on the beach in general need to be punished harshly. Enough of this entitlement that other people can pick up my trash because I’m too lazy or inconsiderate to take care of it myself.

The only way humanity will change for the better is to harshly punish the worst offenders and make an example of them.

Old 09-15-2022, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluch View Post
Lol, I don't like people smoking anywhere near me but the difference (from my vantage point) would be that smokers often leave behind their cigarette butts in the sand while obese people... don't usually leave behind anything (guess it depends on the person but fat people don't universally leave trash on the beach).

Old 11-08-2023, 05:51 PM

23 posts, read 15,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I didn't vote yes, or no....here's why...

...Smoking should be banned only on crowded beaches where there's ample parking, & restooms, because that is where most beachgoers congregate. Also where's there's lifeguards, because that is where families go.

However, even in these "banned" areas, designated smoking areas should be allowed at the end downwind so the smoke blows away from the crowds, and butt disposal receptables should be plentiful, & emptied regularly.

Even if they banned ALL smoking on ALL FLA beaches, its would be unenforceable because there are too many miles of beaches and not enough enforcement personnel. You can always find a remote beach to smoke on w/o being near people, or law enforcement.

If I want to smoke a cigar on the beach, I walk far away from anyone who could potentially smell it, but I understand that not all smokers are as considerate. The smell of cigs is repulsive to me.
The smell of cigarettes is repulsive but… you smoke cigars! Are they not made of tobacco? Nothing I hate more than a hypocrite!

Old 11-10-2023, 08:49 AM

25,751 posts, read 12,832,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnyvette View Post
The smell of cigarettes is repulsive but… you smoke cigars! Are they not made of tobacco? Nothing I hate more than a hypocrite!
Th smell of cigars is tobacco, the smell of cigarettes is mostly the chemical additives...big difference.

Nothing I hate more than the uneducated!

Old 11-10-2023, 09:12 AM

18,460 posts, read 8,287,342 times
some people have too little to do.....

Old 11-10-2023, 09:30 AM

30,443 posts, read 21,289,763 times
I don't care bear. I hate beaches and crowds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida