Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 09:56 AM

14,949 posts, read 12,147,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AES328 View Post
Wow really?! I had no idea!
The comment was for those who don't know the differences between facts and opinions. There appear to be quite a number of those folks who post on these threads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2014, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleo99 View Post
Florida is by far one of the worst states in the nation. The people are by far the rudest self centered people in the entire country. Don't believe me? Go to Orlando or Miami for confirmation. The weather is muggy and nasty, and most of the people there are either transplants from the northeast or from the Carribean..which explains the horrible attitude most people have there. They have zero concept that there is a United States west of Pensecola which is frankly much better. The landscape is just butt ugly with endless subdivisions, flat as a board, and swampland with zero visibility. The transportation system was considered the worst in the country in places like Tampa. Oh and let's not forget the rudest drivers as well. From my own experience this myth of Florida most people have is kept alive by upper middle aged people in places like Boston and Syracuse because for the last 50 years their buddies have been moving down there. And now the myth is being propagated again since the economy is getting better. Here's some advice to these people: you missed the train to move here over 20 years ago, it's overbuilt, overpriced, and frankly the quality of life is overrated at this point. If you want a 200k home in the subtropics/tropics move to Costa Rica.

In your humble opinion, which of course you have a right to. One would hope that you don't live Florida, because it would just plain be dumb to live in a place that you appear to despise as much as your post about Florida would indicate.

Old 11-26-2014, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
Ham, pork, pickles, and cheese?
I'm sorry, please pardon me while I go vomit.
Slathered over with mustard, in between a bun and the whole thing pressed on a grill till the bread is a little crunchy. Might sound wierd, but it's pretty good, actually.

Old 11-26-2014, 10:17 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,127,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
Ham, pork, pickles, and cheese?
I'm sorry, please pardon me while I go vomit.

Was that actually necessary to post? Couldn't you have put it nicer?

Old 11-26-2014, 10:40 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Port North View Post
Florida is certainly one of the most fun states, best state overall? I think New York takes that title, but Florida certainly is in my top 5.
Different strokes for different folks. NY would probably be dead last for me. That is why it is impossible to pick the "best state".

Old 11-26-2014, 11:18 AM

3,941 posts, read 6,726,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkat59 View Post
I felt braincells committing mass suicide by the second paragraph.
I nearly spit out my gum when I read your comment! Lol!

Old 11-26-2014, 06:36 PM

292 posts, read 725,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
In your humble opinion, which of course you have a right to. One would hope that you don't live Florida, because it would just plain be dumb to live in a place that you appear to despise as much as your post about Florida would indicate.

The only reason why I even posted on this forum was because I was stuck in Florida for four years and can speak from experience about what it's really like living there, and believe me it was not my choice. Needless to say I left as soon as I could and I can assure you there is no freaking way I'm coming back.

Old 11-26-2014, 06:50 PM

734 posts, read 920,814 times
Quote:
The only reason why I even posted on this forum was because I was stuck in Florida for four years and can speak from experience about what it's really like living there, and believe me it was not my choice. Needless to say I left as soon as I could and I can assure you there is no freaking way I'm coming back.
We're glad.

Old 11-26-2014, 09:12 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,595,507 times
Quote:
Where in Florida?

What other states have you lived in?

Metro area or rural?

Old 11-26-2014, 09:17 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,595,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Cuban sandwiches are one of the best things Florida has going/
Nova lox on a bagel and Pastrami on Rye is taking over, those types don't like ethnic food typically...if you know what I'm saying? Well if not, just hang out in the Garment or Jewelry District in Manhattan...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida