Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 05:25 PM

5,662 posts, read 10,743,344 times

Advertisements

I agree but if you ask most Democrat voters if Scott stole money from Medicare and then pleaded the fifth 70-something times during the criminal investigation, I would bet at the minimum, 95% would agree. The truth is that he was never officially questioned in the investigation, the interview where he followed his attorney's advice to invoke the fifth took place long after he was gone from HCA, and it had nothing to do with the Medicare fraud investigation. It took place as part of a civil suit by a communications company regarding a contract. Yet, that is not at all what the Democrats have brainwashed the voters with who neither have the time nor inclination to look beyond the TV attack. If you listen very carefully to the announcer's words, intermingled with the video, you can see how they can technically get away with the misrepresentation but it is a reprehensible, cynical, desperate way of trying to win.

On the other hand, when you see commercials where Crist is shown flip-flopping back and forth on just about everything, including his opinion on President Clinton, the case for his being the worst kind of political hack is clearly self-evident, and the last people who should fall for his nonsense are the Democrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2014, 05:31 PM

824 posts, read 1,177,525 times
I Won't be voting for either rick scott nor charlie crist, I'll vote for adrian wyllie, both of these clowns are corrupt.

Old 11-02-2014, 05:38 PM

130 posts, read 234,365 times
I'm not voting for Rick Scott because he is one of the ugliest human beings on the planet...

Old 11-02-2014, 07:20 PM

824 posts, read 1,177,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerluli View Post
I'm not voting for Rick Scott because he is one of the ugliest human beings on the planet...
charlie crist is just as bad.

Adrian wyllie is the only one that stays within the confines of the U.S. Constitution.

Old 11-02-2014, 07:52 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,839,738 times
You know your political ad lacks substance wen the main discussion about it is whether they made the candidate look less orange in post-production.

Old 11-02-2014, 08:53 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamifloridafan View Post
I Won't be voting for either rick scott nor charlie crist, I'll vote for adrian wyllie, both of these clowns are corrupt.
Smart move. Did the same in early voting.

Old 11-02-2014, 09:58 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times
Don't vote for Mr Burns. A friend calls him Governor Voldemort. I hate the fact his first name is Rick, it gives the rest of us a bad name.

Old 11-03-2014, 03:49 AM

2,962 posts, read 4,999,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
I agree but if you ask most Democrat voters if Scott stole money from Medicare and then pleaded the fifth 70-something times during the criminal investigation, I would bet at the minimum, 95% would agree. The truth is that he was never officially questioned in the investigation, the interview where he followed his attorney's advice to invoke the fifth took place long after he was gone from HCA, and it had nothing to do with the Medicare fraud investigation. It took place as part of a civil suit by a communications company regarding a contract. Yet, that is not at all what the Democrats have brainwashed the voters with who neither have the time nor inclination to look beyond the TV attack. If you listen very carefully to the announcer's words, intermingled with the video, you can see how they can technically get away with the misrepresentation but it is a reprehensible, cynical, desperate way of trying to win.

On the other hand, when you see commercials where Crist is shown flip-flopping back and forth on just about everything, including his opinion on President Clinton, the case for his being the worst kind of political hack is clearly self-evident, and the last people who should fall for his nonsense are the Democrats.
Please, you're smarter than this. I'll give you the fact that the bit is flawed, as are all the attack ads from both sides, but to think for one moment that somehow the REP is any better than the DEM is purely a matter of interpretation, IE partisanship...

Old 11-03-2014, 05:19 AM

14,950 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWho? View Post
Wouldn't you have to say that it's the same for the "mindless " chants from the other side which appear even more frequently? Once the mud starts to fly, no one stays clean...
I was referring to the article, and the overwhelming tendency for people NOT to do their own research on a given candidate, but who simply accept the talking points of their political party, which consist of nothing but a few "factoids" taken out of context, exaggerated, or fabricated for no other reason than to discredit the candidate ( they persist in the erroneous notion that doing so makes the candidates on their side look better, somehow). In passing along the official party "slams" against the opposition candidate, these folks fancy others will think they are informed on the topic, or candidate, I guess. I don't think they realize how this shows their ignorance.

Old 11-03-2014, 05:39 AM

2,962 posts, read 4,999,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
I was referring to the article, and the overwhelming tendency for people NOT to do their own research on a given candidate, but who simply accept the talking points of their political party, which consist of nothing but a few "factoids" taken out of context, exaggerated, or fabricated for no other reason than to discredit the candidate ( they persist in the erroneous notion that doing so makes the candidates on their side look better, somehow). In passing along the official party "slams" against the opposition candidate, these folks fancy others will think they are informed on the topic, or candidate, I guess. I don't think they realize how this shows their ignorance.
But you stated Democratic candidates and their supporters. "Political" candidates and their supporters would imply your supposed meaning. As is, it's a partisan rant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida