Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 12:00 AM

1,108 posts, read 4,218,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
Do you really think the jury is thinking of potential riots? If he's found guilty is this going to be how you rationalize the verdict?
I hate to comment on your post twice...but what the hell......last night after responding to your post I went to a retirement party for one of my peers...I posed this question to several people "If you were on the Zimmerman Jury, would you be afraid to find him not guilty?"......no other comments were made!! Only one mentioned a potiental not guilty verdict aftermath......but once mentioned the other six at the table reconsidered their first responce...

So once again...YES...without a doubt...especially if one person on the jury thinks past the evidence and mentions it at any point during the trial to her fellow jurors...

As far as your other comment...I think he is innocent...Zimmerman is definately guilty of being a Royal A-hole......who basically deserves anything that happens to him......but I just do not want to see him convicted because the jury is afraid not to convict him...and you should be to!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 12:38 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Woa. One local station must have heard my post. They started with the young child's photo, but then switch to one of when he was seventeen. That is getting better, just be fair with both sides. That's all. The courts can figure out the rest. Just let it be without leading people.
(1) This is not a Florida topic

(2) Yes, a local station "heard" your post.

(3) Nobody is being "led" because the jury isn't watching the news.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:44 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
The media spent weeks (maybe months) talking about Anna Nicole Smith. I remember asking "Who?" She got more coverage than Mother Theresa. Princess Diana was a huge media attraction. The so-called news isn't biased, just hungry for stories that get the most readers and we're a society that likes sensationalism.

By the way, I live in FL and most of the photos I've seen are of Martin just before he was killed. He had just turned 17.

Photos of Trayvon Martin when he was 12, 16 or even as a baby aren't going to convict or acquit George Zimmerman.

Last edited by justNancy; 06-26-2013 at 12:56 AM..

Old 06-26-2013, 07:54 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,970,740 times
This thread is begging to be moved to the "Politics and other Controversies" board.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:45 AM

1,015 posts, read 1,655,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
This thread is begging to be moved to the "Politics and other Controversies" board.
It seriously needs to be cleaned up...........

Old 06-27-2013, 11:05 AM

49 posts, read 80,320 times
Next witness!

Old 06-27-2013, 07:00 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times
That's a pretty bad witness the prosecution has......LOL. She is destroying her credibility on her own. And those pictures of just how badly Z-man was beaten. Wow! They don't look like the ones the lame stream media put out originally, before the admitted they altered them.

Old 06-29-2013, 06:51 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times
Interesting turn of events. Now that the first prosecution witness totally discredited herself and a following prosecution witness actually backed up pretty much everything Z-man said, including that he was indeed on the bottom getting beaten by Trayvon (according to testimony) and it looks harder and harder to get an honest conviction as time goes by, the local media is all of a sudden showing the more recent pictures of Trayvon....rather than the 12 years old picture.

Is the media hedging their bets?

Old 06-29-2013, 12:27 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eresh View Post
because the media likes to stir the pot?????

^^^.

Old 06-29-2013, 01:04 PM

31 posts, read 49,141 times
It's ridiculous how this became a race issue.. .first off George Zimmerman is half Hispanic ,second Trayvon beat the **** out of him.. .they fought over the gun, George was probably thinking I'm going to shoot him before he shoots me. The media misconstrued George by saying he volunteered Trayvons race to the 911 dispatcher - if you listen to the 911 tape the dispatcher asked Zimmerman trayvons race. ...hello people!! !! Of course they have to know the race, they aren't looking for an Asian man!! Come on people , granted. ...George Zimmerman killing Trayvon was over the top, he shouldve shot his arm or leg but George Zimmerman made a bad decision in a situation where he felt his life was in danger and he should be punished but I think 2nd degree murder is too much, maybe charge the man with accidental manslaughter or something ,this is the issue with Florida ,someone steals a pack of gum and the popos want to charge you with fraud and stolen identity and grand theft, it's like are you serious !? Same thing with Casey Anthony ,let's charge her with capital murder and only have enough evidence to prove she "may have evilly murdered her daughter " , this state is stupid .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida