Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 05:37 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,913,089 times

Advertisements

Sickening. Watching the news tonight and they keep showing a fat and angry looking still photo of Zimmerman and the smiling, happy go lucky 12 year old as Trayvon. Sickening, especially when you look up the most recent self published photos of Trayvon.

I want justice, whatever way it goes, but this isn't unbiased reporting at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2013, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equal-Opp. View Post
Here's a picture of him at 17 the age he died. Is this better?
Yes, this one would be fine. It isn't the one of many of him giving the finger to the camera, but at least it is one of the most current.

For those who want to pretend it does not make a difference, you need to know it does. If you constantly bombard people with an angry looking individual against and sweet, innocent little kid.....you sway public opinion. People will naturally gravitate to the young child, rather than look for the unbiased truth....whatever it be. This matters before they selected the jurors, as people already got influenced and it now as it can help create a riot if it does not go the way some people want it to go before all the evidence is actually presented.

Old 06-24-2013, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occifer View Post
They use the photos that the family provides just like with any other case involving a juvenile. Of course since they have an attorney, it is in their best interest to paint him in the most innocent way that they can. That's why the photos that they release makes him look the way he does.
He self published many other photos before his death. They are easily available. They could use one of those if they "wanted" to.

Someone else provided a fine one in this very thread.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:46 PM

Woa. One local station must have heard my post. They started with the young child's photo, but then switch to one of when he was seventeen. That is getting better, just be fair with both sides. That's all. The courts can figure out the rest. Just let it be without leading people.

Old 06-24-2013, 11:16 PM

1,108 posts, read 4,220,070 times
Unhappy Even worse?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
I just hope there are no riots if/when he is acquitted. It is a very real possibility that Zimmerman is not guilty. Some Miami-Dade cops I met said they are already preparing for possible violence. I only hope the media does not try to make matters worse.
Even worse would be if the jury found Zimmerman guilty of something for they feared if they did not......a repeat of the "L.A. Black Rage" would strike the nation......so much for "justice for all"

Old 06-25-2013, 11:23 AM

2,983 posts, read 4,627,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty78 View Post
Even worse would be if the jury found Zimmerman guilty of something for they feared if they did not......a repeat of the "L.A. Black Rage" would strike the nation......so much for "justice for all"
Do you really think the jury is thinking of potential riots? If he's found guilty is this going to be how you rationalize the verdict?

Old 06-25-2013, 03:15 PM

1,108 posts, read 4,220,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
Do you really think the jury is thinking of potential riots? If he's found guilty is this going to be how you rationalize the verdict?
Without a doubt!!!! After the LA Riots...every police department prepares for a riot at any major trial that involves a white striking a black......

When the white youths attacked and beat the black youths that were walking through their neighborhood in Howard Beach...the jury was in on a Friday...and the powers that B held the jury over the weekend and released their verdict on Monday...I wonder why......

As far as he being found guilty...that's up to the jury...I just don't want to see anyone convicted because the jury is afraid to find them innocent...

Old 06-25-2013, 03:31 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,852,840 times
and in the other side, they try to make GZ look like a fat old man now, who couldn't possibly have fought off a 17 year old kid.

GZ was slim, he was about 26-27 and all he had to do was try to push TM off of him, at least try, and then when all else failed he could have wounded him in the leg or arm to disable him. He didn't need to shoot him in the heart. TM didn't look any stronger to me than GZ.

Old 06-25-2013, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
Do you really think the jury is thinking of potential riots?
Without a doubt YES.

And even more so, they are thinking about what will happen to them DIRECTLY by some loons should they let him walk.

There is no doubt in my mind they could find him guilty, because they are afraid. Will be truthfully he guilty? I have no idea.

Old 06-25-2013, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
GZ was slim, he was about 26-27 and all he had to do was try to push TM off of him, at least try, and then when all else failed he could have wounded him in the leg or arm to disable him. He didn't need to shoot him in the heart. TM didn't look any stronger to me than GZ.
You were not there. You do not know that. You want to believe that. Let's let the facts come out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida