Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2024, 06:41 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
We told the salesperson (Whom I later found out was the manager) that I had to get one that was 14k gold. Anything less would give me an allergic reaction. So what did she do? In addition to showing me 14k rings, she also showed me 10k ones. Thinking that the one I tried on and liked was 14k, I almost bought it. Thankfully, my husband thought to ask if it was 14k. Idiot salesperson said "no". Had I bought the ring and wore it right away for a few hours, I would have had an allergic reaction. Then she tried to sell me one of those items (I forget the exact name) that I could put on my ring to keep it from falling off. So, once again, I asked if it was 14k. She said "no".

I hadn't thought about looking into getting it resized. That's a good suggestion. Also, I'll now try it to see if it fits on my middle finger. Thank you for that suggestion!

Sure thing! So many people don't know how to do anything right anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2024, 09:50 PM

2,953 posts, read 1,637,449 times
My mother gave me her wedding ring, platinum and diamonds, when I was 25, I always loved it and have worn it ever since.

My own wedding ring is a plain platinum band, worn closest to my heart, then my mother's.

On my right ring finger I wear my grandmother's 50th anniversary ring, a one carrot diamond in a gold filagree setting.

Neither ever are removed. My mother's hand was smaller than mine so it will no longer come off.
My grandmother's hand was larger and the ring spins around on my finger, but it still never comes off.

Too afraid to lose it.

Old 04-10-2024, 08:33 AM

4,830 posts, read 3,259,357 times
Early 60s male. I've outgrown (gotten fat ) the most recent band, but when I could wear it, I never took it off. Now I wear a bigger man's ring I've had for years on that hand because I can't wear it on my right hand (see above).

Old 04-11-2024, 09:05 AM

29,442 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Never while at home, and always when I go out. I do take it off when using the restroom though. I getting water/soap under it while washing my hands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty