Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2024, 08:16 AM

11,083 posts, read 17,527,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrolman View Post
My wife died in December of 1976. We were married for only five months. I've never taken my ring off. Ever.
My mother died 12 days after their 66th anniversary. Daddy kept wearing his and every now and then I'd see him kind of playing with it, moving it around on his finger, but never taking it off. I asked him if the ring was bothering him. "No, that's just me talking with your mama."

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
I'm not into finger rings either. Well I'm widowed, so I'm technically single now anyway. But, working on mechanical projects, around electric power, and handling high-end guns, rings are in the way and more trouble than they are worth.
I worked for the highway department and had one coworker took his off and kept it in his pocket on the job. He had been in the back of his dump truck cleaning it out. When getting out, we would stand on the tire then jump down to the ground (not when the safety man was around, of course! lol). Once when he did that, there was a nail that had worked loosed in the sideboard and the nail head got between the ring and his finger. He was tall enough where he was standing before this happened. So he takes it off to lessen the chance of losing a finger. But it was back on at quitting time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2024, 08:18 AM

7,237 posts, read 5,114,062 times
I always took mine off when going out to the bars....It cut off my circulation.

Old 04-05-2024, 08:23 AM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Been married since age 19. Took that ring off in 1961 and never put it on again. When your hands are in water many times a day, drying under that ring was a PITA. I also stopped wearing any jewelry about that time. When a baby grabs earrings it hurts.Watches and bracelets scratch baby legs.

Old 04-05-2024, 08:37 AM

5,654 posts, read 3,139,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
I bet it did. LOL!

Old 04-05-2024, 09:08 AM

1,847 posts, read 867,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post

I see what you did there!

Old 04-05-2024, 10:02 AM

35,000 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Men & women can answer this. Do most of you guys literally wear yours 24/7, so in the shower, sleeping overnight, when at home in general, etc.?

I never wear mine at home...just whenever I go out & if it's to a place where I don't want to risk it getting messed up or falling off my finger (because nowadays it's loose & needs resizing), then I won't wear it even then. Like until it's resized, I'd never wear it to an amusement park & even then, I still might not.

My husband does the same...just when he goes out, not around the house.

We love our rings. My husband was never the jewelry-wearing type to begin w/ & although I like jewelry, I never in my life wore any when I'm just at home.
I wear mine during the day, unless in the house for an extended period. I do take it off during any athletics. My wife and I played tennis during our Virgin Islands honeymoon in May 1991; I learned the hard way to take if off during tennis.

Last edited by jbgusa; 04-05-2024 at 10:58 AM..

Old 04-05-2024, 10:15 AM

12,038 posts, read 8,403,014 times
I used to never take it off but now that I am older I find that many tasks I do hurt my fingers if I have a ring on and my rings don't stay on as reliably as they once did.

I have three - my original, a twenty-fifth anniversary one and a composite of both Mom and Grandmother's that
Mom had made. When I am dressing up I usually wear one.

When I go on vacation I wear a less expensive gold band that I bought which is well-fitted.

When we were first married my husband worked construction and I insisted he not wear his band to work because of the accident risk.

Later he wore it at a desk job. Now he only wears one of his two if we are dressing up.

Old 04-05-2024, 10:31 AM

1,586 posts, read 1,127,290 times
Every day for 36 years. I literally don't take it off.

Old 04-05-2024, 11:22 AM

2,270 posts, read 4,121,110 times
I wear them all of the time (including surgeries- they just tape the heck out of them). They have been cut off a couple of times due to allergic reactions and the ridiculous amount of swelling.

Old 04-05-2024, 01:30 PM

7,990 posts, read 5,381,950 times
I don't take it off. I picked it out--the two rings are fused together. Seven little diamonds. Even after 42 years I still think it is a pretty ring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty