Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2023, 08:21 AM

5,655 posts, read 3,141,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsitsipas View Post
No specific event. I want to wear this dress for things like: going on a boat tour, walking around cute downtowns going into shops, going out to restaurants.
If it were me, I'd go with white sandals. That's what I'd be shopping for anyway. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2023, 09:30 AM

3,299 posts, read 3,023,195 times
Red flats like Skechers.

Old 08-03-2023, 10:08 AM

8,752 posts, read 5,044,272 times
Which ever you are most comfortable in.....does not seem like a big deal fashion wise.

Old 08-03-2023, 10:32 AM

506 posts, read 342,621 times
I'm not laid back about looking presentable in public. I think it's my way of dealing with mild social anxiety / being an introvert. I can control how put together I look, and that "control" helps to ease my discomfort and make me feel more confident in public.

I don't own much. We travel fulltime (no home) so our possessions are very few. The 2 pair of red sandals I showed are the only open summer shoes I own besides a pair of black slides I just bought so I can finally wear black pants and a few colors of $1 Old Navy flip flops that I only wear in the most casual of settings like at the lake / beach with my swimsuit. The only pair of sneakers I own are light grey/silver Brooks running shoes.

I've had that dress for a year now and I have never worn it because I don't have shoes to go with it. It's the only dress I own that I'd wear in public for the kind of outings I mentioned (boat tour, restaurant, shopping in a cute downtown.)

I have fashion issues. I care a lot about it but it does not come naturally to me and I've put a lot of work into learning, especially about what looks best on me. And that's the other issue, while several types of shoes might go with that dress, they won't necessarily look good on me. If you are familiar with Kibbe and related body type style systems, I am a dramatic classic (meaning moderate, balanced, and sleek with some slight angularity/sharpness.) I can't get away with much fashion-wise. I look best in simple, clean, quiet pieces, which are hard to find in my experience!

I'm sure this is considered way overthinking what to wear in most people's opinion, but this is the fashion forum so I thought why not ask here.

Old 08-03-2023, 10:40 AM

5,655 posts, read 3,141,549 times
I didn't see the red shoes before. Personally, if you wanted to avoid buying more shoes, I think the red ones, either pair, would look great.

Old 08-03-2023, 11:08 AM

22,568 posts, read 47,633,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsitsipas View Post

I don't own much. We travel fulltime (no home) so our possessions are very few. The 2 pair of red sandals I showed are the only open summer shoes I own
So choose one of the red sandals you already own.

Old 08-03-2023, 11:35 AM

I need to buy more shoes. It's an ongoing problem that I have outfits I could wear if only I had some shoes to go with them. I've found it really difficult to find simple classic shoes that are comfortable for walking.

Old 08-03-2023, 11:45 AM

841 posts, read 552,924 times
This model is wearing a reddish orange neutral flip flop with a very similar dress.

Old 08-03-2023, 11:47 AM

^ I think that is the dress I have! (But on me it hits just above the knee.)

I'd actually love to find a shoe that almost blends with my skin tone, it would be so versatile. But I wasn't sure if it would be the best option with this dress.

Old 08-03-2023, 12:24 PM

3,053 posts, read 2,028,840 times
Black sandals or dark navy sandals go with everything, can be casual or dressy. Find some with no metallic so you don't worry about clashing.

You travel full-time and have 2 pairs of red sandals? Seems like one pair too much if you need shows to go with that dress (cuuuute dress).

One more color idea is "neutral". I wear my brown chamois color sandals way more than any other color because they disappear and my feet (currently with nail polish) are not the thing I want people looking at. My skin color is white, not very tan. If you have more color find a sandal color close to your skin color. Whoops I'm reading above and your comment is exactly my suggestion. Do That!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty