Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2023, 12:06 PM

24,717 posts, read 11,044,214 times

Advertisements

We have not worn ours since D-Day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2023, 01:21 PM

15,642 posts, read 26,304,138 times
One of my friends spouses is adamant that she wears her rings. At all times. He worked in manufacturing and couldn’t, and it really bothered him. He wanted to take his ring with him, but there have been issues in the locker room so it stayed safe at home. And when he gets home he puts it on. He is rather a sentimental guy

Then he discovered silicone rings! If the ring catches on something it rips apart.

Old 05-20-2023, 01:38 PM

3,259 posts, read 2,351,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
I don't know a single husband who does not wear his.

(Of course, some men and women cannot wear any jewelry at work.)
Same here, every man I know, from 25 to 95, wears a band.

Old 05-20-2023, 01:40 PM

24,717 posts, read 11,044,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
One of my friends spouses is adamant that she wears her rings. At all times. He worked in manufacturing and couldn’t, and it really bothered him. He wanted to take his ring with him, but there have been issues in the locker room so it stayed safe at home. And when he gets home he puts it on. He is rather a sentimental guy

Then he discovered silicone rings! If the ring catches on something it rips apart.
Yes, a friend lost a finger when he hopped off the back of a small truck. The finger was never found.

Old 05-20-2023, 01:53 PM

11,089 posts, read 6,683,792 times
None of my partners wore one. Nobody I was with was a jewelry person, nor am I.

My dad took his off and quit wearing it around midlife as it was incompatible with being a physical therapist. An uncle almost drowned when his caught on an underwater dock he was working on. Another friend got his caught in a machine and degloved his finger.

No thanks. We like physical activities/physical jobs so no jewelry for us. Think I've saved big bucks over the years. Plus, I've never felt the need to proclaim my marital status. Might be good idea in other cultures, I don't know. One less material possession to worry about, lol.

Old 05-20-2023, 02:48 PM

4,994 posts, read 5,310,902 times
The men in my family often don't because of their lines of work. They don't want to lose a finger. My husband wears his all of the time. I often just wear the plain band without the diamonds because I'm afraid of snagging something. I take mine off for certain tasks like making meatloaf or working in the garden.

Old 05-20-2023, 03:30 PM

10,919 posts, read 7,446,409 times
Neither hubby nor I wear our rings. I do a lot of crafts, and my ring would mess up the clay AND get all dirty.
Hubster did work that could snag a ring.

We know we're married, that's good enough.

Old 05-20-2023, 06:50 PM

35,262 posts, read 17,150,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington Steel View Post
I often wondered why many (and when I say many, I mean a substantially more number than women) married men don't wear their wedding bands. I have heard the old adage that men "don't like to wear any jewelry". I understand that, but that always seemed like a weak excuse considering if their spouse wears their's 95% of the time. Any thoughts on this?
I put mine on May 9, 1991 and take it off for swimming, other athletics and showers.Ever see how a dog reacts when its collar is taken off? I'm that way without a wedding band on.

I proudly where my deceased Dad's band. My mother had remarried and my stepfather recycled the one he used with his late wife.

Old 05-20-2023, 08:59 PM

2,047 posts, read 3,365,209 times
When i was married my husband and i both wore ours all the time. Very rarely he took his off for certain sports if it was painful on his hand. But now they have leather rings, cloth rings, many different choices. I see no reason for both parties not to wear rings. But that's just my preference.

Old 05-20-2023, 09:43 PM

10,363 posts, read 6,918,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington Steel View Post
I often wondered why many (and when I say many, I mean a substantially more number than women) married men don't wear their wedding bands. I have heard the old adage that men "don't like to wear any jewelry". I understand that, but that always seemed like a weak excuse considering if their spouse wears their's 95% of the time. Any thoughts on this?
Depends on what their employment is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty