Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2023, 08:00 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,570,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrellyrabbit View Post
I think the biggest issue is those who can only see that their way is the best way and can't even acknowledge that someone else could be doing something in a way that benefits their own situation. You're not the only person in a good and trusting relationship and you don't have ultimate wisdom and there is no one single "correct" answer that works for everyone.

Um…so, how did you get the idea I think my way is the only way because I think fake wedding rings are silly or that it makes me giggle when ppl say they wear them to keep from being “hit on” all day? I keep saying…you do you! What else do you want before you will stop attacking me about it? I’m not telling you or anybody to not wear a fake wedding ring. Just that I wouldn’t have done that when I was single…but I don’t know of any single woman in her 20s or 30s who would. If that is what you want to do tho, do it.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

AND…ofc I didn’t say I was the only woman in a good & trusting marriage. It’s like you’re upset & interpreting super weird stuff. You’re a brand new account! I’m just saying we exchanged wedding rings to show love & commitment to each other. I don’t think it’s about other ppl. It’s not a lock & key or magical symbol…so what’s important is what is in our hearts. That’s where the loyalty & commitment is but…IMO, it starts with wearing our wedding rings.

Tho I thought this thread was about men & if they wear a wedding ring^^& the tradition of men giving us engagement rings. Or, if married couples choose not to follow tradition. But, it’s mostly about older women wearing fake wedding rings when they aren’t married or how much they “don’t work”…so there’s that.

edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalElegance View Post

Ever since then I don’t travel abroad with real jewelry. But I feel naked without it so wear fake!

I don’t travel with my engagement ring & I never wore it to run to the store or do errands when we were in San Francisco. But since we moved to OC, I don’t have to worry about the local stuff as much. My ring fits right in for the area…but I wouldn’t wear it on the trails, the beach or anything like that ofc. I’ll just go without or wear my less expensive band.

Last edited by TashaPosh; 06-06-2023 at 09:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2023, 10:54 AM

91 posts, read 65,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD View Post
My husband and his buddies traveled Europe for three months after graduating college. On their last night of the trip they were mugged in Amsterdam!! He said they had nothing left to their name by that point so it was no loss except for a couple Euros. I told him that's what he gets for going to the red light district
That red light district will get you every time LOL!

Old 06-06-2023, 07:06 PM

2,187 posts, read 8,004,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalElegance View Post
That red light district will get you every time LOL!
We were In Amsterdam about three years ago again. We had friends with us who wanted to see the red light district. We told them once was enough for us LOL! We went and had Crepes and they went to see it.

When we met back up they expressed great surprise. I think they were expecting some type of Moulin Rouge type scenario.

Old 06-07-2023, 06:14 AM

91 posts, read 65,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD View Post
We were In Amsterdam about three years ago again. We had friends with us who wanted to see the red light district. We told them once was enough for us LOL! We went and had Crepes and they went to see it.

When we met back up they expressed great surprise. I think they were expecting some type of Moulin Rouge type scenario.
Once is definitely enough! I would have opted for the crepes too!

Old 06-08-2023, 01:56 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,159,880 times
I used to wear an inexpensive nylon wedding ring for the longest time. It fell off when I was loading up stuff to take to the dump. Haven’t bought a replacement ring but eventually I will. My wife doesn’t seem to care one way or another whether I wear one.

Old 07-29-2023, 08:33 AM

1,706 posts, read 1,146,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
I used to wear an inexpensive nylon wedding ring for the longest time. It fell off when I was loading up stuff to take to the dump. Haven’t bought a replacement ring but eventually I will. My wife doesn’t seem to care one way or another whether I wear one.
Inexpensive rings are popular with men where I live as they either work trade jobs where they have to remove the ring to avoid workplace injuries...or they're poor & don't see the point in spending a ton on a ring.

Old 08-02-2023, 06:18 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,065,198 times
When we got married, my husband complained about having to wear a ring. He's a teacher so it's not a problem for him to wear it to work. He was hesitant because he "never wears jewelry" and it's "too hard to remember to wear it" after a lifetime of forgoing jewelry. I said that it was going to be too much work to change my name and it'd be too hard to answer to something else.

15 years later, he wears his ring everyday and never takes it off. I changed my name at work and socially. Everyone wins!

Old 08-03-2023, 02:48 AM

2,912 posts, read 2,045,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiveMeCoffee View Post
When we got married, my husband complained about having to wear a ring. He's a teacher so it's not a problem for him to wear it to work. He was hesitant because he "never wears jewelry" and it's "too hard to remember to wear it" after a lifetime of forgoing jewelry. I said that it was going to be too much work to change my name and it'd be too hard to answer to something else.

15 years later, he wears his ring everyday and never takes it off. I changed my name at work and socially. Everyone wins!
So you didn't "legally" change your name?

Old 08-03-2023, 06:25 AM

1,051 posts, read 1,065,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington Steel View Post
So you didn't "legally" change your name?
I did change it. I had toyed with the idea of keeping my maiden name at work, but ultimately changed it across the board.

Old 08-03-2023, 06:26 AM

2,912 posts, read 2,045,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiveMeCoffee View Post
I did change it. I had toyed with the idea of keeping my maiden name at work, but ultimately changed it across the board.
Oh, ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty