Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2022, 06:11 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,355,663 times

Advertisements

Personally, anything higher than say a couple inches is starting to get out of business-like/professional and into something more for a date or otherwise going out. Super high heels can easily end up making you look UN-professional.

I don't like super high heels for church/funerals for the same reason - dressy works, but sexy doesn't in those situations.

Also, 3" used to be considered a high heel...then it went to 4" and now you even see 5" heels plus platforms - that's just crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2022, 07:24 AM

8,751 posts, read 5,044,272 times
Women are more concerned about their health (feet), and being comfortable, then caring what men want, and lets face it, high heels, are all about men.

Old 02-15-2022, 07:54 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,362,964 times
Heels look great, and many women love to wear them, so we don't want to diminish their own choices about how they look, but it is awesome for the rest of us that we've progressed. There's that cliche of women commuting to work in their sneakers, and changing to heels at the office, and a lot of women have asked, "what if we could have appropriate, cute shoes that we could wear all day?"

Old 02-15-2022, 09:06 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,571,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
Women are more concerned about their health (feet), and being comfortable, then caring what men want, and lets face it, high heels, are all about men.

I love being sexy for my man…BUT fashion is all about expressing how I feel. I’m young, fit AND do care about my health. That’s why I’m totally comfortable in heels when the right occasion comes up. I know that some women have issues with their feet, gait, posture, illness or excess weight. Ofc heels might not be a smart decision then. I would never tell you to wear heels if you don’t want to or it hurts you. But ppl in this thread are assuming heels affect all of us in the same way or that we are all at risk for foot issues & that’s not true ofc.

I don’t understand the O.P. & the formality thing^^ tho because that isn’t fashion if you are following some kind of imagined rule or restraint instead of following your own style for the right occasion.

Old 02-15-2022, 10:27 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,955,169 times
the yoga pants thingy with the short tops is in fashion right now. Gym style clothes.

I am sure the high heel style will come back at some point.

Old 02-15-2022, 10:59 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,571,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
the yoga pants thingy with the short tops is in fashion right now. Gym style clothes.

I am sure the high heel style will come back at some point.

Yoga pants are in style for super casual clothing or workout wear…BUT “party ready” heels are on the runway for spring by a lot of different designers. The last couple of years fashion looked to loungewear & furry slides because of the pandemic & everybody staying home more.

It’s time to start fresh tho….spring is almost here. But there is always room for casual & sneakers ofc. Part of the fun in fashion IMO is variety AND adjusting to the occasion.

Old 02-21-2022, 06:00 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,867,486 times
Update:

I just started back to work in a professional environment part time (I love it but that's another story!). Needless to say, I've been noticing how the other women dress in the office and in sales. Here's what I've seen:

Zero high heels. This is within a very mixed group age wise - I'd say from age about 25 through about 70, about 2/3s women and about 1/3 men. Many of my fellow workers interact with customers regularly. They dress professionally but not a single person all week has worn high heels. A few have worn dresses (most wear pants) and even they, even the short ones, haven't worn high heels. The most heel I've seen is a shortish sort of platform shoe - maybe 1 or 2 inches.

I've been wearing pants and then a jacket or nice scarf (or both) - that sort of thing. Low heels with the pants.

Old 02-21-2022, 06:17 AM

1,879 posts, read 1,069,413 times
I think high heels went by the wayside when the skinny ankle length pants came in style. High heels with skinny ankle pants aren't for everyone; it's a sophisticated look is what I mean (which isn't me). Consequently, I think a lot of women started wearing flats with skinny ankle length pants.

Old 02-21-2022, 07:00 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,867,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smt1111 View Post
I think high heels went by the wayside when the skinny ankle length pants came in style. High heels with skinny ankle pants aren't for everyone; it's a sophisticated look is what I mean (which isn't me). Consequently, I think a lot of women started wearing flats with skinny ankle length pants.
It's also a look that's been around a long, long time - with flats:
Attached Thumbnails
High Heels - strictly a formality?-audrey-hepburn-skinny-pants.jpg  

Old 03-06-2022, 04:40 PM

398 posts, read 206,234 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty