Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 03:00 PM

1,511 posts, read 1,976,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I think people are making fun of the feminine qualities of some of the bags,
I guess, maybe. What are those "feminine qualities"? I see many men walking around with various types of bags every day and I'm straining to think of times where I was like "wow, that's a really feminine-looking bag!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2015, 11:07 PM

898 posts, read 1,221,549 times
i carry a book bag like 99.9% of the time i go out. i keep my toothpaste/brush and other items with me (i usually carry my own cooked food too since eating out is much more money). all that takes space.

Old 07-09-2015, 04:43 AM

44 posts, read 41,972 times
When and where do you use that? But wherever it is, there is nothing to laughing.

Old 07-09-2015, 06:25 AM

1,078 posts, read 1,417,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdGen SFan View Post
Is it considered effeminate for men to carry tote bags or does it depend on the kind of tote bag? The reason I'm asking is because several weeks ago a couple of cops were laughing & pointing at me, but I didn't give it much thought about what they found amusing until now. I'm wondering if it was about the tote bag I was carrying?

A lot of male & female cyclists here where I live carry tote bags, but they're usually the kind that have a shoulder strap that's longer than the handles whereas the tote bag I sometimes carry is a large canvas shopping or beach bag type of tote bag with long handles.

I don't see much difference between tote bags, a big tote bag is a big tote bag to me, and it's not as if the bag was pink or had a big flower on it.

Could the cops have been laughing about the bag? I can't think of anything else they could have found funny.

Well young man, Most Cops and Fire Fighters are retired military, they probably we're laughing at you, not to pass judgment on anyone, why not carry a Ruck (backpack) you can fit everything you need in there to survive plus it's comfortable, wears well...

And just look's better. LOL.

Old 07-12-2015, 12:33 AM

8,495 posts, read 4,175,727 times
I don't see men carrying briefcases anymore and with the size of laptops and iPads, they need a professional looking carryall for all their papers, files, laptops, etc. It's common to see men carry a large black tote with a thick cross body strap, in fact, it's a very modern professional look. Maybe, they were pointing to something behind you. Honestly, if you watch TV, open a magazine, men are carrying these large totes with the black strap - just walk in a major city (especially in SF with all those techies and "hipsters") you will probably see about every other man carrying one.

Old 07-20-2015, 01:14 PM

285 posts, read 928,543 times
I carry a tactical backpack that has all my stuff in it. Not much to laugh at but in retrospect, it's the same as if a woman is carrying a bag with her stuff in it. My opinion, so what. I could care less what people think. Tactical back pack is low key.

Old 10-06-2015, 08:44 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,561,725 times
Nice one here on sale....Kenneth Cole leather cognac color...they also have black and brown color...reguarly priced at $229 and now for $87 bucks

Kenneth Cole Reaction Show Business - Colombian Leather Flapover Computer Case - Cognac - Newegg.com

Old 10-07-2015, 03:01 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,268,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
only jack bauer can pull that one off

in the real world its a feminine trait

man bag and murses are in the same category as russell brand skinny jeans
Sooooo.... how am I supposed to carry my laptop and work crap back and forth from home to work?

I have a bag that's made for just that... simple black bag with strap over my arm. Looks nothing like a purse Only other option is a briefcase, but seriously, I haven't seen a man with a briefcase since I was a kid! Not to mention, with a laptop in a briefcase, it wouldn't be comfortable to carry.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:08 AM

4,249 posts, read 6,930,550 times
I carry this daily to work (and sometimes out around town if I am bringing a book and laptop etc.)

The Executive - Brothers Leather Supply Co.

It is a great, high quality bag for a very good price and i

Additionally, I get compliments on it regularly. I'm not the least bit worried whether some insecure guys think it's a feminine trait.

Old 09-18-2016, 06:38 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,561,725 times
What the heck is a vegan bag? Is it what i think it is?

Brenthaven Collins Sleeve Plus Laptop Shoulder Bag, for 15" Laptop, Indigo 1910
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty