Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:41 AM

10,785 posts, read 5,699,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
Then maybe the restaurants are being smart by putting the kiosks.
They are being smart. Labor is too expensive, and workers are a huge pain in the butt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 10:06 AM

9,875 posts, read 7,757,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
And if too many are laid off and can't find other jobs what will happen? Will they politely walk the streets hoping to find change someone dropped, or will they resort to theft?
Why wouldn't they be able to find other jobs?

Old Today, 10:10 AM

34,109 posts, read 83,054,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Why wouldn't they be able to find other jobs?
First (again) define which "they" is being referred to.

If it's the sacked former MW workers ...
it's not unreasonable to conclude they were OVERpaid before ...
and won't find new slots because they (now especially) don't offer enough (vs $/hr costs) to the employer

Old Today, 10:18 AM

10,785 posts, read 5,699,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
And if too many are laid off and can't find other jobs what will happen? Will they politely walk the streets hoping to find change someone dropped, or will they resort to theft?
Not my problem. If they qualify, they can avail themselves of our robust social safety net. And if they choose to resort to theft of me and mine, I’m confident in my ability to deal with street crime.

Any other questions?

Old Today, 05:09 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,255,011 times
Anybody who's breathing can find A job. We're not in a deression right now. Far from it. Maybe not the glorious easy high paid job they all want. The jobs that have surpluses of workers applying are the WFH ones. Everybody wants a job where you get paid not to work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics