Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 11:21 AM

2 posts, read 32,834 times

Advertisements

My 2 1/2 year old boxerdor has exactly the same - 2 episodes, about a month apart now... short quick spasms about a second or so apart at which time he is so scared and uncomfortable, but then it goes away and he is his normal self again. First time was about an hour or so, last night it seemed longer - I thought maybe he needed to go out, so at 3:00am we walked around, he did his business all normally, he is fine outside - but when he tries to lay down he looks pitiful :-(
it just breaks my heart when its happening because I do not know how to comfort him and he is so scared. I called the vet today and they recommended just a wellness check up, but I am almost certain he is well and healthy and will just be paying endless bills with no real answers, unless I take him to an emergency vet right at the time it is happening.

Did any of you guys get any answers for your doggies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2015, 04:27 PM

1 posts, read 21,309 times
I adopted a dog to weeks ago from an animal shelter and a few days ago she started having muscle spasms on the top of her head. Very concerned for her. Don't know what to do.

Old 11-06-2015, 02:10 PM

4,286 posts, read 4,756,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydogjasmine View Post
I adopted a dog to weeks ago from an animal shelter and a few days ago she started having muscle spasms on the top of her head. Very concerned for her. Don't know what to do.
Thank you for rescuing her, please take her to the vet. Shelters typically don't do heath screenings so it could be anything.

Old 02-25-2016, 07:59 PM

1 posts, read 20,938 times
Default Doggie dementia & trouble laying down and sleeping.

My did these exact same things. Shes's a 14 year old Yorkie. It got worse when she stayed up all night, confused, disoriented, wandering around, even whining. The next night I gave her some time release melatonin (just a sliver as she is 3.7 lbs) and it stopped completely. She sleeps through the night every night now. I think its doggie dementia. They get realy anxious, clingy, distraught when you're leaving. I also give her a little inositol in the day (for anxiety - it works amazingly!!!!). She also gets a half of the NOW brand sunflower lecithin with choline when I give her the inositol. P.s. they make melatonin for dogs, but I prefer the time release because it works all night. I also discovered that inositol is an ingredient in some dog food. I really hope this helps. Its torture to see your baby suffer --- this regime has been a miracle for my little Heather.

Old 06-10-2016, 08:17 PM

1 posts, read 20,628 times
Default Puppy

My two month old puppy has the exact same symptoms and I dont know what to do. I don't want to put him on any medications.

Old 09-08-2016, 12:07 AM

1 posts, read 20,351 times
Default My 14 year old Pappihuahua was twitching last night

I was sitting on the couch with my old fella when I thought he had the hiccups, but noticed his eye and head twitching as well as his body jerking like a hiccup. He also seemed confused. The twitches came about every minute or two at first then gradually became less frequent. He also had trouble walking. I had to leave the room and he followed me, but with difficulty. But I sat with him and slept on the couch with him to comfort him. This morning he was fine. I'm going to do more research on the subject, but would be really interested to find out what your vet said.

Old 09-13-2016, 03:32 PM

5,118 posts, read 16,592,135 times
Any help here?

Old 01-05-2017, 05:05 PM

1 posts, read 19,929 times
I'm having the same problem with my almost 13 yr old Aussie in April. I have him on enaprille a highblood pressure medicine as he has a prolapsed valve to his heart since early summer. But it's like an electric current or a hiccup is happening even while he sleeps. My vet has no idea with out me s]ending $$$$$$$ and then still wouldn't know . I've taken him off his highblood pressure medicine to see if it's possible side affects. Would sure like to get some answeres too

Old 02-15-2017, 10:50 PM

1 posts, read 19,728 times
my dog started doing the like hickup spasm but his head jumps like if he was lifting his ears. his legs are weak specially the back ones...he stop eating only eats chicken soup i made with rice...the vet is guessing i want other opinions..he was rescue his mix large 40 pound dog like 2 years old....i have a video https://youtu.be/LyS2sVQvRzc thanks

Old 02-21-2017, 09:42 PM

919 posts, read 608,881 times
Not a single poster has returned to give an update. Huh.

My 4 1/2 month old Rotti gets stomach 'hiccups' regularly since I got him at 8 weeks old. Probably because he wolfs his food down. He acts completely normally & continues whatever he's doing when it starts. Vet said it's nothing to worry about.

If, however, a dogs confused, uncomfortable, acting differently &/or they've got head tremors, they definitely need to see a vet as soon as possible. Those type symptoms sound more like a fit than an upset stomach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs